Gerrard

Burts91

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It is the cold hard truth. 

Our main issue is in the attacking areas. We are reliant on morelos for goals. We need more threats in the attacking areas that can consistently chip in.

Exactly. 

We lost stupid goals earlier on in the season but I think it’s an area we have improved on. We’ve only conceded 21 goals in the league this season which is a vast improvement on the last two seasons.

It’s our wastefullness in front of goal that has fucked us this season. 

I honestly don’t want us to be one of those teams who chop and change the manager all of the time. We need stability on and off the pitch. I’m not saying Gerrard is of the same calibre as Sir Alex but man united fans were calling for his head before they started their amazing run. Give him another 2 transfer windows and see how it works out. We can’t afford financially to keep chopping and changing because then a new manager would just come in with no funds available 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It is the cold hard truth. 

Our main issue is in the attacking areas. We are reliant on morelos for goals. We need more threats in the attacking areas that can consistently chip in.

This is what’s required bud. Need better quality than the likes of candeias etc. No saying he’s pish but we need a better quality of player. A good striker to help out with the goals would imo gain us points that have been dropped this year. Not a major rebuild this summer but need to get it spot on with genuine quality?!

Gerrard will get next season regardless how this season ends. I imagine he's got targets already sorted etc etc, can't keep on swapping and changing and having to start again if we want to catch up.

Overall I think we're in a better place. I'm not too sure Gerrard is a good manager,  yet. A decent football man who commands respect from his playing days, understands the demands of the club and genuinely seems to have the passion and desire to make a difference. Management wise he's still learning and is making mistakes. He could do with a better no.2 in my eyes, a really experiences old head who can usher him along abit, as fuck knows what GMc does.

If we're not in touching distance at worst this time next year then he'll have to go.

We need 4 or 5 players that make the difference in the summer, if we go into the loan market then we need better than a return of 1 decent loan from 4.

Win us the cup for fuksake.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Our defence is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

True but after seeing Goldson's non effort to get to the Hivs player at their goal , does leave a bad taste

I can only imagine Brown , Gough and Amo standing like a stoogie when he clearly sees Hivs player behind him

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

When you dominate a game the way we did last night but only score once then the defence is definitely not the problem. We are still crying out for a good attacking midfielder. The amount of times we misplaced passes in the last third, chose the wrong option or never released the ball at the right time was our downfall last night. And its been our downfall in a lot of games weve dropped points in.

We still haven't found that dynamic midfielder that can take a game by the scruff of the neck so to speak

Barry Ferguson type player that can be ruthless with that pass or even score himself

We need this badly and a new get in your face captain of our club

I have seen many supposedly superior Rangers sides extremely nervous about going to Easter Road and Pittodrie, prepared for a backs-to-the-wall job in the hope hitting on the counter attack. 

Strangely that is not a problem for this team. Most of our trips to these kinds of grounds would be stopped if they were boxing matches because the home team was taking so much punishment.

Establishing Jack and Kamara has helped screen the defence and that is no longer the main problem. We have to find a way to convert overwhelming possession into goals. Perhaps we are TOO reliant on Morelos?

I have complete confidence in Gerrard and, despite the inconsistency and the stats, anyone can see we are a million times better than we were at this stage last year.

We have a real chance of a day of celebration in the sun and picking up our first silverware for years. With a little tweaking, our young manager will fine tune this team and I expect nothing less than a league title next season.

Believe and remember WATP

:UK:

11 hours ago, Kitey79 said:

You’re bang on that standards have fallen but not just at our great club. For me tavernier is never a captain. Standards?! Years of following the bears tells me that we would’ve killed off a 2 bob outfit like the hivees in years gone by. Too many players spoken highly off because they’re an improvement on the shite we’ve had in the previous 5/6 seasons. Saying that I believe (and hope) that stevie G is the right man for the job and given the financial backing will get us above that lot next year at the very least! NS

100%.

In years gone by we were a team that won trophies. Something we aren't capable of these days,it's fucking sickening.

1 hour ago, Kitey79 said:

This is what’s required bud. Need better quality than the likes of candeias etc. No saying he’s pish but we need a better quality of player. A good striker to help out with the goals would imo gain us points that have been dropped this year. Not a major rebuild this summer but need to get it spot on with genuine quality?!

Said it for months now among friends but for me neither Kent nor candeias are anywhere near good enough.  Our formation is reliant on our 2 wide men scoring 15+ goals a season minimum.  We're just lucky that morelos has scored the amount he has as I dread to see where we would be without some of his goals.  

36 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We still haven't found that dynamic midfielder that can take a game by the scruff of the neck so to speak

Barry Ferguson type player that can be ruthless with that pass or even score himself

This as well.  I keep reading people screaming out for a number 10, we don't need one we desperately need someone who can come in and boss the centre of the park and control a game more than a dedicated amf, which to an extent is a luxury position we possibly can't afford atm ( the player that is and not cash to buy one) 

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

gamesWe still haven't found that dynamic midfielder that can take a game by the scruff of the neck so to speak

We have to and will give Stevie G another season and I so much hope he can become a great manager for us, but he is not showing that he can sense when we need to change something. Last night nearly every post before they scored was saying they were coming back into the game but we made no effort to change anything and with Mo in one of his 'could not hit a barn door when he was side the barn games', then we needed to probable put on McCrorie IMO to see out the game.

The main reason I replied to your post is the captain part, yes Tav has wonderful stats, but I felt in the summer SG had made a mistake keeping a captain who had no experience of winning anything and I still feel that he must be replaced as captain in the summer. I also do not think we have a good replacement for captain in our squad so that means we probably need to but that player in the summer.

Were we find that Barry type player I do not know but if I was Stevie I would be putting a big part of my summer budget on that type of player and make him the new captain. 

It should have been obvious to our manager that in the second half Hibs were dominating midfield, only Kamara was getting  close to them and that was why they ended up being more likely to win than we were. A simple change to bring fresh legs and aggression would have turned the game back in our favour. Sitting in the dug out with his coat up to his face hardly inspires urgency  and when we have a team full of players who are not winners we need someone pushing them on.

17 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I have seen many supposedly superior Rangers sides extremely nervous about going to Easter Road and Pittodrie, prepared for a backs-to-the-wall job in the hope hitting on the counter attack. 

Strangely that is not a problem for this team. Most of our trips to these kinds of grounds would be stopped if they were boxing matches because the home team was taking so much punishment.

Establishing Jack and Kamara has helped screen the defence and that is no longer the main problem. We have to find a way to convert overwhelming possession into goals. Perhaps we are TOO reliant on Morelos?

I have complete confidence in Gerrard and, despite the inconsistency and the stats, anyone can see we are a million times better than we were at this stage last year.

We have a real chance of a day of celebration in the sun and picking up our first silverware for years. With a little tweaking, our young manager will fine tune this team and I expect nothing less than a league title next season.

Believe and remember WATP

:UK:

The stats or to give it another title the league table does not support that really. This time last year after 29 games we where on 58 points 6 behind them having played a game more. This year it’s 59 points and 7 behind with a game more played. Sure our defence is much better having conceded less goals, we have put more teams to the sword also this season. However we still have not went on a run something which even Motherwell with 6 wins can as someone said. Under Gerrard we have dropped 19 points against the current top 6 so far.

Sure it has been night and day in Europe along with even honours so far in the Old firm. That said the humdrum of the domestic game is still largely the same with inconsistency being our main weakness. Is the difference in how it is being portrayed by Gerrard the only thing or does he have the skill to improve our consistency moving forward. Winning the cup could be a watershed moment this season but failing to do that could set us back again.

7 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Said it for months now among friends but for me neither Kent nor candeias are anywhere near good enough.  Our formation is reliant on our 2 wide men scoring 15+ goals a season minimum.  We're just lucky that morelos has scored the amount he has as I dread to see where we would be without some of his goals.  

Some people think we should be spending over a third of the Europa league money on Kent. Been saying it for weeks, he's a flashy version of Candeias but doesn't work half as hard off the ball.

12 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Some people think we should be spending over a third of the Europa league money on Kent. Been saying it for weeks, he's a flashy version of Candeias but doesn't work half as hard off the ball.

I certainly wouldn't be willing to spend more than 2m on Kent.  Whether Jones is the answer I don't know but his goal scoring record isn't exactly great Reading either.  

I don't even know how a front 3 would work with 3 out and out cfs?? 

What I dislike is how wide Kent and candeias go at times when really we should be looking for them to be a lot more central and using tavernier and barasic/halliday for the width.  Lost track how many times I've seen tavernier and candeias both hogging the touchline

26 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I certainly wouldn't be willing to spend more than 2m on Kent.  Whether Jones is the answer I don't know but his goal scoring record isn't exactly great Reading either.  

I don't even know how a front 3 would work with 3 out and out cfs?? 

What I dislike is how wide Kent and candeias go at times when really we should be looking for them to be a lot more central and using tavernier and barasic/halliday for the width.  Lost track how many times I've seen tavernier and candeias both hogging the touchline

433 requires guys on the left and right wing that can come inside and provide a goal threat alongside the striker. I'm not convinced Kent and candeias can do that consistently. You see it the odd game but your right they spend more time at the touchline. 

We also still lack a playmaker in midfield. Player that can put in dangerous passes and bring additional goal threat. Arfield is the closest to it. Davis was clearly brought in for this by management but it's been a bust. 

In the summer the focus has got to be getting more quality in the final 3rd. It's our key issue. 

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

We have to and will give Stevie G another season and I so much hope he can become a great manager for us, but he is not showing that he can sense when we need to change something. Last night nearly every post before they scored was saying they were coming back into the game but we made no effort to change anything and with Mo in one of his 'could not hit a barn door when he was side the barn games', then we needed to probable put on McCrorie IMO to see out the game.

The main reason I replied to your post is the captain part, yes Tav has wonderful stats, but I felt in the summer SG had made a mistake keeping a captain who had no experience of winning anything and I still feel that he must be replaced as captain in the summer. I also do not think we have a good replacement for captain in our squad so that means we probably need to but that player in the summer.

Were we find that Barry type player I do not know but if I was Stevie I would be putting a big part of my summer budget on that type of player and make him the new captain. 

Can’t see changing the captian making a single bit of difference. 

If you’re a leader you don’t need an arm band to lead. And if someone’s sitting quiet in the dressing room or on the park because they don’t have the band, then they’re not captain material anyway. 

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

433 requires guys on the left and right wing that can come inside and provide a goal threat alongside the striker. I'm not convinced Kent and candeias can do that consistently. You see it the odd game but your right they spend more time at the touchline. 

We also still lack a playmaker in midfield. Player that can put in dangerous passes and bring additional goal threat. Arfield is the closest to it. Davis was clearly brought in for this by management but it's been a bust. 

In the summer the focus has got to be getting more quality in the final 3rd. It's our key issue. 

Precisely my point.  It's so frustrating watching Kent and candeias esp continually goto the touchline looking for a pass rather then head towards the goal.  I know we play a 433 but a lot of times it essentially looks like a 451 with morelos stuck alone on his own up front or continually heading out wide. 

For me personally I think if we had 2 wide men who could hit 15-20 goals a season their would be no need for the number 10 most seem to want.  

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

You can reply to me anytime as whatever you post is usually worth reading :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That's the thing mate .Is it ? 

We have never lost a game by over one goal this season and we know we are never getting thrashed like last few years 

Naw for me it's in the attacking areas and our reliance in Alfredo who is over hyped 

He is and some of our other attacking weapons are failing consistently .Especially in big games 

Agree with that. Disagree about Morelos being overhyped but we are heavily reliant  on him. Last night was the third time this season we’ve had enough chances to rap up the game by half time and fucked it again and unfortunately I don’t see Jones coming in and changing that. Some serious investment needed in the summer for match winning talent, which is what we’re lacking and why we’re so far behind right now. 

11 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Precisely my point.  It's so frustrating watching Kent and candeias esp continually goto the touchline looking for a pass rather then head towards the goal.  I know we play a 433 but a lot of times it essentially looks like a 451 with morelos stuck alone on his own up front or continually heading out wide. 

For me personally I think if we had 2 wide men who could hit 15-20 goals a season their would be no need for the number 10 most seem to want.  

I agree on the 2 wide men.

It's not a 10 we need. It is a creative  point in the midfield 3. Jack and Kamara offer protection. But we need a playmaker in there as well with that killer pass that can release the front 3.