Gerrard

Burts91

31 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A lot of revision on here with regards to last year. Had we won that game we would have been three behind(scum game in hand) in early March. All to play for but some like to lie in an attempt to show a big improvement from last year.

Also robbed of many points by officiating last year. Some make ut out its only this season!

Aye, there's been no improvement this season.

Losing 5-1 and 5-0 to celtic and getting pumped off the likes of St. Johnstone has been happening this season as well, has it?

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Gerrard often refers in interviews to players he "trusts".   Which players in the squad do you think tick the 'trust' box and should be kept (assuming no acceptable bids were received for them)?  

I don't recall any journo or anyone from RTV pressing SG about providing a fuller listing of those trustworthy players.    By extension if there are players he trusts it implies there are players he does not trust at all or who have not yet earned his full and unreserved trust.  His references in recent months to Barasic and Katic are examples and which may explain why Katic routinely warms the bench even though he is signed as a Rangers player whereas Worrall gets picked in preference even though he is on loan.   Davis also seems to be one who has found his way to the naughty 'not yet trusted' seat.

I can only say his trust is ill founded as the results show when we drop points to abject fucking dross.

He'll need to come up with a better premise for a winnng formulae.

19 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Sometimes we need to look at the bigger picture. Of course we wanted to challenge this season but realistically we should be setting expectations of a the manager coming in and making progress. And as painful as it is to drop points tonight, we have made progress under Gerrard.

* We lost 10 games last year. 9 the year before. We have lost only 4 this year.

* We conceded 44 goals last season....50 the season before. We have conceded only 21 this season.

Not to mention this league this year is far more competitive than the past seasons. And for the first time in years,i don't fear playing the bheasts.

So Gerrard has improved us. I think with some sqaud additions next year he can do it. We cant keep starting every season with a new manager. 

100% Nailed it ! got to take the 9inarow specs off ! times have moved on ! we literally hit rock bottom and have finally stabilized the ship- Now we all want the tittle back etc etc but hitting re boot constantly cause we seem to forget 2012-2017 was a dark period- McCoist,Pedro,Warburton,McCall,Murty etc etc We finally have a Rookie manager ! complete rookie who as Malkytfp1 put it ! has our overall squad improved a 20million pound player in Morelos ! improvement in goals against,losses etc etc. by the end of next season if we are in the same spot and Stevie G hasn't learned his mistakes - and improved like late subs to affect the game ! then yes maybe then we need to look else where. 

But for me he has genuinely improved us brought us to the point where yes we have blown our chances but closer than ever before since 2012 to challenge them. 

give him time one season is not enough ! 

53 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Gerrard often refers in interviews to players he "trusts".   Which players in the squad do you think tick the 'trust' box and should be kept (assuming no acceptable bids were received for them)?  

Goldson, Shagger, Tav, Candias, Morelos, Jack, Kamara, ,( played every minute since signing IIRC), ArfieldHe seems to trust Worral which is debatable if he is actually trustworthy, fair argument that he is currently the 2nd best CB we have. He is going back in the summer anyway.

IMO the team doesn't need that much tinkering.  If we can bring in people of better quality than we have that would be great, but those listed above are the best players in the team, Kent is probably going to be out of our price range.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Goldson, Shagger, Tav, Candias, Morelos, Jack, Kamara, Arfield,( played every minute since signing IIRC) He seems to trust Worral which is debatable if he is actually trustworthy, fair argument that he is currently the best CB we have. He is going back in the summer anyway.

IMO the team doesn't need that much tinkering.  If we can bring in people of better quality than we have that would be great, but those listed above are the best players in the team, Kent is probably going to be out of our price range.

Fixed

28 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A decent stab of it? We won 1 game against three sides who sacked the manager. 

You constantly point out there is no middle ground on here yet this post follows that line.... I clearly used the term 'big improvement' there has been improvements in certain areas but we have went backwards in others. Ie winning at Hibs last year, beating sheep at home. 

Nobody can dispute the fact we are only one point ahead on the points total compared to last year. Domestically points wise equals no adequate improvement no matter how many refuse to accept it.

You want to compare the disciplinary table as well?

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Tav is one of the best players we have.  Candias is far from a loser ( he is a bit inconsistent, but most wing players are) he is vital to the style we have, no other winger we have does what he does.

Halliday is having his best season in a Rangers jersey and Worral is a loan so he will be gone in the summer anyway.

Barasic, the jury is still out on him for me.

They may not be what is needed but calling them losers seems a bit OTT.

On a lighter note, they dropped point today too, so the gap didn't get any bigger.

They are losers for me .It's just my opinions watching hundreds of true winners play for Rangers over the years and I'm not the lonely one that thinks that tbh

You asked me to name five so I did but my point was . We really need much better quality than the five mentioned . Much better

Not unless we are happy to continue watching Rangers win no trophies

37 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Goldson, Shagger, Tav, Candias, Morelos, Jack, Kamara, ,( played every minute since signing IIRC), ArfieldHe seems to trust Worral which is debatable if he is actually trustworthy, fair argument that he is currently the 2nd best CB we have. He is going back in the summer anyway.

Interesting.   You didn't include Defoe or Halliday (who SG seems to regard as a sort of captain).  

Do you think there are development team players or others currently on loan or returning from injury who could put themselves into solid reliable first team players that gain the 'trusted' badge and improve the team for next season? 

You don't think Katic will turn out to be good enough or Barasic once they've fully adapted to the game in Scotland?   

Do you reckon Jordan Jones can make the leap into the Rangers team and make a big improvement on what we already have?

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not convinced there's more against us this year than last. Morelos is this year's Jack of last year with how he's penalised. I've still to see worse refereeing than Beaton v Hivs. Scott Allen challenge on Rossiter is still the worst on a Rangers player though several have come close this season.

Nope, I reckon last season was as bad.

I think that is a fair point, for me we have had a couple of seasons where we are refereed in a much more stringent (cheated) way than other teams in the same league. :headwall:

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Interesting.   You didn't include Defoe or Halliday (who SG seems to regard as a sort of captain).  

Do you think there are development team players or others currently on loan or returning from injury who could put themselves into solid reliable first team players that gain the 'trusted' badge and improve the team for next season? 

You don't think Katic will turn out to be good enough or Barasic once they've fully adapted to the game in Scotland?   

Do you reckon Jordan Jones can make the leap into the Rangers team and make a big improvement on what we already have?

Lot to answer there :lol:

I didn't include Defoe, forgot about him.. He is a good sub to have, but his best years are behind him. I mentioned earlier that Halliday is having his best season but for me he is a squad player.  I do trust him to be that though, he will always give us a shift and is a good option to have.

No idea about the development squad, maybe the youngsters who are banging in the goals, I don't know enough about them.

Katic has something about him, I'd be happy with him staying and fighting for a spot. Barasic I said earlier the jury is still our for me.

Jordan Jones looks alright, but I'd rather we pushed the boat out and kept Kent if possible at all.  Jones will probably be a good back up.  Who knows about him tbh, I thought Kamara would come and be nothing more than a squad player, but he seems so much more.

27 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

We could field two starting teams just now including injured players and he wouldn’t get in the team.

3 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

We had worse players last year under Pedro. There’s no way we were winning the league. 

We had worse players? You do realise that gerrard is surviving on these worse players

Aside from kent and goldson to an extent, gerrard has been rank rotten in the market, and no im not giving him shagger and arfield as they were in motion before gerrard was imo

Gerrards best result this season came with 3 of hia signings out of the 11, and two of them aren't even ours really

3 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Aye, there's been no improvement this season.

Losing 5-1 and 5-0 to celtic and getting pumped off the likes of St. Johnstone has been happening this season as well, has it?

Oh theres been improvement alright, however spending over 6mill on your defence, spending 2mill on a winger who doesn't even play, bumping the wages up by a considerable amount and having morelos bang in near 30 goals should be worth more than a 1 point better off league standing improvement 

I dont want gerrard sacked, but by fuck he needs to improve and quickly, his signings have been mostly rubbish, some a disaster, hibs are fucking shite and we've not beat them yet this season and only scored 2 goals against them, only beat the sheep once, etc

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

A decent stab of it? We won 1 game against three sides who sacked the manager. 

You constantly point out there is no middle ground on here yet this post follows that line.... I clearly used the term 'big improvement' there has been improvements in certain areas but we have went backwards in others. Ie winning at Hibs last year, beating sheep at home. 

Nobody can dispute the fact we are only one point ahead on the points total compared to last year. Domestically points wise equals no adequate improvement no matter how many refuse to accept it.

When you’re one victory away from getting through the group stages that’s a decent stab at something.