Who We Need This Summer

Klos' Glove

Defenders: I haven't seen us linked with Halkett - given he's free we should be signing him. Beyond that we need at least one and possibly 2 further CBs, a LB and, if Tav leaves, a replacement RB.

Midfield: 2 attacking midfielders of high quality, we have enough in CDM mould.

Attackers: One additional striker needed, two if Morelos is sold.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

25 minutes ago, Klos' Glove said:

Defenders: I haven't seen us linked with Halkett - given he's free we should be signing him. Beyond that we need at least one and possibly 2 further CBs, a LB and, if Tav leaves, a replacement RB.

Midfield: 2 attacking midfielders of high quality, we have enough in CDM mould.

Attackers: One additional striker needed, two if Morelos is sold.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?

Morelos can not play with anyone . That means I would rather have 2/3 replacements with the money we get for him

We need to offload quite a lot of dross that are still on the books. And the losers that have been honking out the place these past 3 years

We definitely need to find a midfielder that can run beyond the defenders and a right side striker / winger that can actually beat his man and throw In quality crosses

I think we need two strikers and we need a strong controlling CM to compliment the other CM's we have. I think we have to offload a lot of players. Could do with another CD as well.

Really, there's an argument for replacing players all over the pitch. But I feel we're not very strong down the middle, we never seem to attack through the middle - just seems to be cross after cross. We need to add that to our game because we've become too predictable.

I expect Worrall, Coulibally, Kent, Wallace, Davis, Hardie, Holt, all to leave, with Docherty and Rossiter all returning and Jones coming in. Only one I'd like to see back is Kent, probably on loan, wouldn't want to pay the 4m or so I've heard quoted.  Dorrans, Murphy, Barisic, Arfield, Grezda, I've not seen enough from, though I think Grezda and Arfield will be more involved next season. I'll assume Tav and Morelos stay...

Keepers: Could improve on those other than McGregor,  but not a priority.

Defence: Need a monster CH plus a 4th choice to come through from Development team to add to CG and NK.

Tav/ Polster then Shinnie/ Barisic full backs. I'd hope to move on Flannagan. Theres meant to be outstanding full backs in the youths to supplement.

Midfield: lots of similarity with the non creative sorts. We need at least 2 number 10s, the real creative sorts. Those should be where our investment goes.

Wide: Need to sell or move players on probably before we sign more unfortunately. Jones, Murphy, Middleton, Kent, Grezda, Candeias could all be vying for two spots, without any really being at an exceptional level.

Forwards: I believe 3 top notch forwards and an outstanding Development team striker is needed. Morelos we have, I'm far from convinced Defoe or Lafferty fit the criteria needed. We need at least one more forward capable of getting goals, though I suppose that means a player capable of playing the Morelos role of he's out or playing with him.

Ultimately we've got too many on the books not contributing enough, and that's likely needing to be addressed as much as who we need. There's double figures of number of players contributing little who are still contracted next season, who if we can't sell should push out on loan to free up space for new signings or the excellent kids to come through.

Folk will talk about what we need, but given what we'll be paying out already itll be a hell of a juggling act to move on players to accommodate them coming in. But it simply needs done.

Don’t think Dorrans will be the same level and would imagine we will ship out rubbish like Rossiter and send back Coulibaly and Davis. Could have Docherty back to boost the numbers since his loan has been impressive. 

A top level attacking midfielder is a must for us because breaking down teams when Alfredo isn’t doing it all himself is a huge concern. Player needs to be capable of scoring and assisting but those cost big money and we might not have it unless we sell.

We continue to leak goals so another centre back to come in when Worral is sent back is high up in priority too. A RB and LB ideally because Barisic has been terrible and Halliday isn’t a LB. Tav if kept would mean a back up RB too.

Wide players would ideally see Kent kept with Jones his competition and ideally a right sided player to push Candeias.

Striker would be required if we sold Morelos obviously.

All in all we require quite a bit IMO if we want to be serious about winning a league title and it’s going to cost more than I see is being able to raise. 

I don’t really know what Shinnies position is but I don’t rate him at all, he’s bang average.

Commanding CB, and 2/3 really creative players needed, and we also need to shift a sizable amount of deadwood.

If Morelos goes this summer then we need two strikers to replace him. lafferty needs to be going, he contributes nothing of note. We should be able to free up a decent amount off the wage bill in players leaving, and start to bring another couple of youths through. 

I genuinely don't think we have a bad squad. What we do need is a striker that offers something different from alfie should the wee man stay.

We desperately need that Ronald de boer player (before he gets to that level obv) we need to find that player that can score from 30 yards and play the defence splitting passes. Again it would mean taking a risk but we desperately need it.

For me we need a better RW. I like wee DC but he's not at the level we require in our starting 11. Great squad player to have.

I'm happy for grezda and borna to have time to adjust here. 

I'd love a proper cb one who heeders everyone and everything in the road of the ball. Fuck this ball playing cb shite. I just want them to defend.

Think the squad is strong it's now upgrades we need.

In my view Fod, Tav, Flanagan, Halliday, Candeias, Rossiter, Dorrans, Docherty, Dodoo, Herrera, Hodson, Holt, Lafferty can all leave. Realistically I expect out of all of them only Dodoo, Holt, Herrera and Hodson to go.

I expect Alfie to go and out of all our loan signings I expect we will only keep Kent if we can get another loan. We can’t afford to buy him.

Priorities for me are a right back, an attacking midfielder who can also play wide right, a back up centre half and another striker.

A first choice centre half who is a leader.

2 central midfielders who are certain starters.

A top quality winger who's going to start and Kent.

2 decent strikers to replace Morelos

We have enough squad players, next window the focus should be on improving the starting 11 with 4 or 5 quality players.

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I genuinely don't think we have a bad squad. What we do need is a striker that offers something different from alfie should the wee man stay.

We desperately need that Ronald de boer player (before he gets to that level obv) we need to find that player that can score from 30 yards and play the defence splitting passes. Again it would mean taking a risk but we desperately need it.

For me we need a better RW. I like wee DC but he's not at the level we require in our starting 11. Great squad player to have.

I'm happy for grezda and borna to have time to adjust here. 

I'd love a proper cb one who heeders everyone and everything in the road of the ball. Fuck this ball playing cb shite. I just want them to defend.

Think the squad is strong it's now upgrades we need.

Yeah I think for the first time since 2011 we are in a position to buy players who are going to come in and compete for first team places and improve what we have rather than trying to build a squad with a whole bunch of signings.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

2 £4-5 midfielders & a striker at the same level  

Agree with this , but would add a commanding CH to replace Worrall. 

Sadly , we'd need to sell Morelos to finance it , so we'd possibly need another striker . Its doable if the board put up £7 / £8M to go along with what we get from AM . 

A right back, a left back, a proper commanding centre back, a right winger that has an end product, a left winger or Kent on loan again, a creative midfielder and at least one striker that can get a decent goals return if Morelos somehow doesn't leave in the summer. If he leaves we need at least two.

Not much to ask