Alfredo Morelos Article

eskbankloyal

18 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He was only on for 9 minutes buy he made an impact. Right of a front 3....

I've been criticised for suggesting he should play there in a narrower 3 and ditch the wingers. I think he's shown he can defo do it.

Grezda Defoe Morelos

That would look OK....if only Grezda wasn't shite.

17 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He was only on for 9 minutes buy he made an impact. Right of a front 3....

I've been criticised for suggesting he should play there in a narrower 3 and ditch the wingers. I think he's shown he can defo do it.

Grezda Defoe Morelos

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

To be honest I saw Rodriguez and Falcao started and just assumed they'd put a strong team out.

Only Mina, Sanchez, Falcao y James is regular. Rest of team is mix of not play much or never play. Quieroz is use the two games to see players that not play much and experiment.

14 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Morelos is not failing, he is the best player in scotland playing thro the middle.  its not his fault, defoe should be let go imo, he is not doing it for me.  no point moving Morelos to shoehorn defeo in. 

Not suggesting Morelos is failing, obviously he isn't. But as a team the 4-5-1 isn't working. I'm suggesting moving him 5-10 yards to the right of a forward 3 not playing him on the wing. 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

What do you suggest? Stick with Kent Morelos Candeias? He's doing it all himself up there just now 

actually I am all for moving grezda up as part of a front 2. Ive never thought he is really a winger because he likes getting into the box so much.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

actually I am all for moving grezda up as part of a front 2. Ive never thought he is really a winger because he likes getting into the box so much.

We aren't that far apart then tbh. I see Grezda as quick inside forward, Defoe as a poacher and Morelos has talent to do it all. I think it could work. To be fair we need to try something. 

Just now, trueblueal said:

We aren't that far apart then tbh. I see Grezda as quick inside forward, Defoe as a poacher and Morelos has talent to do it all. I think it could work. To be fair we need to try something. 

defoe is done for me. doesn't offer enough and 3 forwards with none tracking back would have our midfield overun in jig time.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

defoe is done for me. doesn't offer enough and 3 forwards with none tracking back would have our midfield overun in jig time.

We don't play any creative mids as it stands because we don't actually have any. So play Kamara, McCrorie and Arfield and supply the front 3 to do the business. Width from our attacking fullbacks. It's Klopps formation, it works. 

8 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

What do you suggest? Stick with Kent Morelos Candeias? He's doing it all himself up there just now 

I'd like to see Morelos on the right of a front 3 of him, Defoe and Kent, but the thought of Tavernier being left as exposed as that gives me the fear.

7 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

id have Kent and Candeias on before Defoe, Defoe is just a luxury player to us, at his age and size, he is not up to the job playing thro the middle by himself. personally id let him go,  id give Grezda a shot, he looked good last week when he come on, id rotate Kent, Grezda and Candeias but Morelos needs to stay where he is.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Defoe doesn't do the harrying and pressing like Morelos who creates things all on his own. In a 3 though he's have people close to him and could concentrate his efforts on movement  in the box 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

We don't play any creative mids as it stands because we don't actually have any. So play Kamara, McCrorie and Arfield and supply the front 3 to do the business. Width from our attacking fullbacks. It's Klopps formation, it works. 

it works with world class players against teams that come out and play. I dunno,, maybe worth a shout but not with defoe

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

id have Kent and Candeias on before Defoe, Defoe is just a luxury player to us, at his age and size, he is not up to the job playing thro the middle by himself. personally id let him go,  id give Grezda a shot, he looked good last week when he come on, id rotate Kent, Grezda and Candeias but Morelos needs to stay where he is.

I agree Defoe as an isolated lone striker in our league is daft. We lump is to him as if he's Alfredo and wonder why he can't wrestle 2 guys off back to goal and run around bullying a defence. We bought a poacher and he doesn't fit a 4-5-1.

6 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

It doesn’t work because after another season of high spending he’ll still have absolutely fuck all to show for it

6 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I'd like to see Morelos on the right of a front 3 of him, Defoe and Kent, but the thought of Tavernier being left as exposed as that gives me the fear.

Could work, I just worry that Kent can't actually score enough to be a striker, his finishing is inconsistent at best. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It doesn’t work because after another season of high spending he’ll still have absolutely fuck all to show for it

In your opinion. It's all relative. He's going to run the league very close. He might still win it and he's still on the champions League. They are getting closer all the time and the team above them have more money than almost anyone else.

Just now, cushynumber said:

everytime we try 2 up front it just doesnt work. Typically we get beat.

We have never stuck with it to give it a chance. We play it maybe once every two months and go back to the usual 4-3-3 which we don't suit us.