Rangers hit out at BBC after domestic abuse slur

jintybear

11 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Unfortunate word association in the use of the phrase "Rangers hit out"  there given the context, I'm sure a Sun tarrier journalist would never deliberately stoop that low.......... 

I didn't even think of that!! FFS :facepalm:

18 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Unfortunate word association in the use of the phrase "Rangers hit out"  there given the context, I'm sure a Sun tarrier journalist would never deliberately stoop that low.......... 

Good spot, missed that. Biased Bastard Cocksuckers

36 minutes ago, jintybear said:

A number of Rangers fans have been angered by the reference to the Ibrox club losing games in Gilchrist’s response.

Suggesting this is what angered people is disingenuous at best, dishonest at worst. People are angered by the fact the woman referenced our club and domestic abuse, the way that's phrased makes it sound like people are annoyed she mentioned us losing football matches.

The whole thing is fucking weird. Someone in her position surely knows that there's a real problem with domestic abuse in the aftermath of football matches, and quite probably of other sports too - be it from a fan or someone who's participating. That type of thing can fly under the radar. To suggest that the general perception of domestic abuse is that it's something which occurs "after X football team loses" is fucking ridiculous. Regardless of whether she'd mentioned our club or not, it's simply not how the general public perceives domestic violence.

5 hours ago, pcbear said:

Angus Milligan from Edinburgh is the piece of work who drove the poor girl to take her life, why we would get dragged into this I have no clue, but it seems to be way to often to be a random/innocent mistake.

According to someone in FF she follows the Hag on Twitter. If true then 🤔

Remember this forum is public so lets not give anyone ammunition with any of the comments. The women was bang out of order with her comments and needs to explain as well as apologise.

She will have plenty of supporters looking for any ammunition so we need to make sure there is none.

Well done to the bears that are questioning her on twitter.