***Official Rangers vs Hearts Match thread***

Lloyd

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Big thanks to @psb07158 👍

Sorted me out with 2 seats together which let me take my boy to his first game! Might struggle to get him to bed as he's still talking about it! 

Walking out he said "Daddy, can I go every week" 

Absolutely no worries at all mate.

Could tell you were as buzzing as the wee man was! The look on his face was great he was trying to take it all in kept looking around :lol:

Brilliant

Just home, first time taking the subway after a match. I now understand why some people choose to leave 15 minutes early.

Thought we were great the first 20 mins and then took our foot of the gas until half time and the third goal killed the game. Hearts were useless in open play, not threatening at all. Pleased with some of our play and thought there was a general willingness to try and pass the ball.

Standout for me was Kamara. Strong in the tackle, good on the ball and was a lightning rod for fouls all night. What a find by Dundee, and what a steal by us.

We're definitely making progress under Gerrard. The state the club was in, and the years of mismanagement, meant that it was going to be a long rebuilding process. We've fallen away badly but we're a much better unit, made progress in Europe and we've bloodied celtic's nose in a way we've not come close to since Rogers was appointed.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Absolutely no worries at all mate.

Could tell you were as buzzing as the wee man was! The look on his face was great he was trying to take it all in kept looking around :lol:

Brilliant

I know mate, I don't know who enjoyed it more! Looks like I'll be purchasing a second seat next season! 

3 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

Just home, first time taking the subway after a match. I now understand why some people choose to leave 15 minutes early.

Thought we were great the first 20 mins and then took our foot of the gas until half time and the third goal killed the game. Hearts were useless in open play, not threatening at all. Pleased with some of our play and thought there was a general willingness to try and pass the ball.

Standout for me was Kamara. Strong in the tackle, good on the ball and was a lightning rod for fouls all night. What a find by Dundee, and what a steal by us.

We're definitely making progress under Gerrard. The state the club was in, and the years of mismanagement, meant that it was going to be a long rebuilding process. We've fallen away badly but we're a much better unit, made progress in Europe and we've bloodied celtic's nose in a way we've not come close to since Rogers was appointed.

Walk to Govan or Cessnock

Just on my way home now. Our midfield was fantastic last night, Hearts made it very congested and we played quick passing which didn't give them time to reshape and we were able to deal with their press very comfortably, in fact I was a bit surprised by how amateurish their pressing was. Kamara and Jack won the physical duels and just let Davis get on with dictating play. 

I also liked Kent having a free role as they really struggled to pick him up and I thought Defoes all-round play was excellent, close control and held the ball up despite being up against defenders twice his size, it looked like our players had caught on to the fact you can't just lump high balls to him. 

57 minutes ago, Swagger said:

How long did Grezda get ? Show any promise ? 

Came on with about 15 to go. Had a good header but really offered little else. 

The times I’ve seen him now he looks a bit scared and out his depth. That or he is trying way too hard to impress. 

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

How long did Grezda get ? Show any promise ? 

Thought he did okay. By the time he came on we had taken the foot of the pedal a little due to the lead and Hearts had come back into the game a bit because of that.

Overall a very good performance by most. Thought Kent was the best player on the park but in saying that the whole team deserve plaudits for what was an excellent result.

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

The hearts goalie stopped a potential goal of the season from tavs cross and Defoe’s volley 

22B8FE0E-42DB-402C-A9CE-0C8EB0258108.jpeg

Spectacular bit of football all round there, mate, including the save.

Was at the game last night.....absolutely freezing and my first time for a wee while but well worth the effort although the game never meant that much in terms of the league..........my sons pal gave me his ticket as a freebie so many thanks to him for providing me with an excellent nights entertainment.

Thought we were brilliant in the first half .... Kamara in particular caught my eye..... as someone else on the thread says, we absolutely stole him from Dundee..... he looks a million plus player on this form.

Anyways, Well done Rangers on a great performance all round.

Archived