End Defoe and Davis loans now?

4 hours ago, Sket said:

Davis is finished. Defoe could be an asset if we had a manager capable of using him right. Instead we insist on fucking him up top on his own and have him try to do the job that wee fucking Colombian fanny does.

He couldn't get a game when Southampton couldn't win the toss! What does that tell you? Like Lafferty he'll be at Linfield within 12 months.

3 hours ago, Blueteeth said:

He’s not really had that great a chance to have a good run in the side with a formation that suits him

He's 34, can't devise a system for a 34 year old who can't impose himself on a game.

Davis can go now.  We’ll need Defoe to see out the season.  

Defoe doesn’t fit this 4-3-3 Gerrard likes to play so I wouldn’t keep him for next season.  Get rid of Lafferty too.  Bring us in a couple of guys who can lead the front line.

1 hour ago, RolandRat said:

He's 34, can't devise a system for a 34 year old who can't impose himself on a game.

He needs a partner and he needs to be fed through the middle rather than being crossed into. How can you say he’s not imposed himself in the game when he’s not been given the correct service.

Like feeding a dog a huge dark chocolate toblerone then complaining when it’s shit all over your nice white fabric sofa.

Defoe doesn’t need to fit the 4-3-3 to be a useful player to have around. We are crying out for more variety and variation from the bench and Defoe offers that in spades.

He gives us the option to stay 4-3-3 and change how we are trying to break teams down, we can go with 2 upfront, he gives us a clinical striker who can take half a chance and kill a game like we seen at Pittodrie, he sets standards for the other players with his professionalism and he has vast experience to pass on to other strikers.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Defoe has to stand up now and get us into Europe but I have my doubts. Hope i'm wrong. Did he actually touch the ball yesterday in his ten minutes?

Defoe seems to want the ball put into a specific area and he will get a shot on.  THe difference with Morelos is he will pick the ball up and make a goal for himself.  I don't think we have another striker that can do that.

Naturally when we got Defoe and Davis. I thought these 2 lads would add strength..but it's all gone to fuck. The team was settled up u till end of 2018..we just didn't realise.

11 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Don't think we can offload them as we'll need them in the remaining games given that I don't think Kent/Morelos will play for us again, especially Kent, expecting he'll get a ban upwards of 5 games. 

The bigger worry is if we go into next season with Defoe as our main striker which is what I potientially see happening

5 games ??? Are you on drugs? He will be offered a 2 game ban !

10 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Davis has been poor since he arrived back but hadn't played a lot of football, recently he's been getting game time and was good for NI during the break, not sure he would have offered much less than McCrorie or Jack did yesterday, both were pretty poor imo.

McCrorrie has a great second half winning all the second balls and along with Tav was responsible for driving us forward  Jack I agree was poor and did nothing of note except miss the chance that fell his way 

28 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

5 games ??? Are you on drugs? He will be offered a 2 game ban !

Find out tomorrow won't we. Really wouldn't be surprised to see him given a 5 match ban, especially if they classify it as a punch rather than a shove 

Bare in mind Moshni got 7 games for his one against the Motherwell boy, this wasn't much different to that lol 

11 hours ago, RolandRat said:

He couldn't get a game when Southampton couldn't win the toss! What does that tell you? Like Lafferty he'll be at Linfield within 12 months.

Could you arrange for that to happen in four months please, why we would waste a wage on Davis next season is beyond me. 

Defoe does'nt fit into our 4.3.3 system he's better upfront with another striker. Davis has never been used much just as a sub. We'll see how the outcome of  the rest of this season with Morelos and Kent out. it's there chance now before Gerrard will decide if he'll keep them on next season. 

15 hours ago, philiprfc said:

How many minutes has Defoe played and how many goals/assists does he have?

Has the best goals per minutes in the league, albeit with only 5 goals. But he's averaging a goal every 90 minutes, awful...

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It’s hilarious how people say he can’t play upfront on his own when he did it for Sunderland and almost single handedly saved them from relegation.

Probably because in England they do still try to play football, whereas up here in the dark ages, the defenders are worth more everytime they kick seven shades out of a striker and get away with it

I dobt recall many teams putting 11.men behind the ball when playing sunderland