Morelos 4 match ban

10 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

Gerrard appears to be preparing the ground to leave Morelos out after the suspension. Protecting the asset for sale.

Don't blame him one bit for that as we are so close to the end of the season and we know our wee Colombian will be moving on.

Nah

it’s About continuity. Something he’s been searching for the whole season. 

Alfie will get his turn again next season as our main striker 

On 20/04/2019 at 21:27, Malvern said:

143 posts since July 2017, you been in the jail or something?

Actually...

Nah, but I do have two business' to run, often work 7 days a week and I'm in Western Australia these days so the time difference causes problems. Usually get about five minutes a week to get on here.

11 hours ago, gogzy said:

I've changed my mind, given the form the team is in just now, I think he has to earn his starting spot and shouldn't just walk back into the team.

How does he earn his spot then??

I would’ve thought 29 goals is all the earning he needs to do. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can’t believe we are even having a debate about whether to leave out a world class striker or the player of year and leagues top scorer, bonkers. 

We should get both of them on the pitch. 

No sorry when the 2 of them have played together we have looked disjointed

This is some of the best football we have played all season. Proper free flowing stuff and the team doesn't just look to give it to Morelos to make something happen. We are much more dynamic and unpredictable

I'd only give Morelos a game if Defoe picks up an injury, suspension or fails to play well. 

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

How does he earn his spot then??

I would’ve thought 29 goals is all the earning he needs to do. 

If his direct replacement for the games off is playing well, then he (defoe)should start.  Watteraus kept Klos out of the team for an entire season because he was playing well.

I'd love to see them both play together, but most of the time we have tried two up front, we haven't looked effective enough.

I don't think it would be fair to put Defoe back on the bench, especially if he keeps scoring goals like he is right now.

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

No sorry when the 2 of them have played together we have looked disjointed

This is some of the best football we have played all season. Proper free flowing stuff and the team doesn't just look to give it to Morelos to make something happen. We are much more dynamic and unpredictable

I'd only give Morelos a game if Defoe picks up an injury, suspension or fails to play well. 

We have never played them together in a narrow front 3 and we have played free flowing football with the old system and Mo in the team. So end of debate 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

If his direct replacement for the games off is playing well, then he (defoe)should start.  Watteraus kept Klos out of the team for an entire season because he was playing well.

I'd love to see them both play together, but most of the time we have tried two up front, we haven't looked effective enough.

I don't think it would be fair to put Defoe back on the bench, especially if he keeps scoring goals like he is right now.

As before we have never played them together in a narrow 3.

So it’s ok for Mo to get benched, what if the last games he had missed was through injury, would you still have the leagues top scorer fit and ready to go on the bench. 

This whole debate isn’t around who is best it’s folk just wanting to punish the young lad even more. No wonder folk say he wants away from us. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So it’s ok for Mo to get benched, what if the last games he had missed was through injury, would you still have the leagues top scorer fit and ready to go on the bench. 

Yes, probably even more so than under these circumstances. If you are out of the team, and your replacement is playing really well, it seems like a bad idea to change that.

If Morelos had just missed 4 games through injury I'd be even less likely to start him, as he is just returning from injury.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This whole debate isn’t around who is best it’s folk just wanting to punish the young lad even more. No wonder folk say he wants away from us. 

I'd like to pick this point up too actually.

You may be right in a very small percentage of the fans.  I don't think there are too many Rangers fans out there wanting Morelos to be punished.

For me it's about form, and we are in great form right now,  if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

If we were struggling without him, then I'd obviously want him straight back in the team, but we aren't.   If he comes back, we start him right away, and he has a stinker, then Gerrard would take a bunch of shit for it :lol:

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

As before we have never played them together in a narrow 3.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'd like to pick this point up too actually.

You may be right in a very small percentage of the fans.  I don't think there are too many Rangers fans out there wanting Morelos to be punished.

For me it's about form, and we are in great form right now,  if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

If we were struggling without him, then I'd obviously want him straight back in the team, but we aren't.   If he comes back, we start him right away, and he has a stinker, then Gerrard would take a bunch of shit for it :lol:

i'm with gogzy 

I've posted about how much I love Alfredo multiples times over the past 2 seasons. I don't want to punish him further. I just don't think he should walk back into the team because we're actually playing really well and consistently well right now which was lacking earlier in the season because we seemed a bit too 1 dimensional

Not sure how Defoe and Morelos fit into a narrow front 3 don't think it suits either of their game

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

i'm with gogzy 

I've posted about how much I love Alfredo multiples times over the past 2 seasons. I don't want to punish him further. I just don't think he should walk back into the team because we're actually playing really well and consistently well right now which was lacking earlier in the season because we seemed a bit too 1 dimensional

Not sure how Defoe and Morelos fit into a narrow front 3 don't think it suits either of their game

I am one of Morelos biggest cheerleaders on here.  I dont want to see him further punished.  

We are too one dimensional with Morelos. Most teams have us pegged with him in the team. Firstly they target him to try and get him sent off and secondly they know he is our main threat so if they can isolate him goals are harder to come by. 

He is also a typical goal hungry striker and does not play well with others. I especially don’t believe he would play well with Defoe  who himself is a goal hungry striker.

Morelos is our best player but our best team does not currently include him. 

*I reserve the right to change my mind if we don’t win the next match

46 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Yes, probably even more so than under these circumstances. If you are out of the team, and your replacement is playing really well, it seems like a bad idea to change that.

If Morelos had just missed 4 games through injury I'd be even less likely to start him, as he is just returning from injury.

So he fit and ready to go but you wouldn’t get him into the starting 11

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So he fit and ready to go but you wouldn’t get him into the starting 11

If the team was winning well, and playing well, and his replacement was in good form, then yes, that's correct.

Tav is our best right back, but if he was out for 4 games, and his replacement was playing really well, I'd expect Tav to have to either show more in training, or wait to get his spot back. Same for any other player.  Morelos is no different.

31 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

We are too one dimensional with Morelos. Most teams have us pegged with him in the team. Firstly they target him to try and get him sent off and secondly they know he is our main threat so if they can isolate him goals are harder to come by. 

He is also a typical goal hungry striker and does not play well with others. I especially don’t believe he would play well with Defoe  who himself is a goal hungry striker.

Morelos is our best player but our best team does not currently include him. 

*I reserve the right to change my mind if we don’t win the next match

The new formation would suit Morelos to a tee just like it has for Defoe. In saying that, he can't start on the week end, it's sends the wrong message.

39 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

i'm with gogzy 

We need our 11 best players on the pitch and that includes Mo and Defoe, we don’t have the luxury of leaving player like that on the bench. 

Mo could easily play either side of Defoe with Kent on the other with both of them able to switch sides as and when. You then have a fluid front 3 all with a great first touch and able to play little balls round the corner and down the channels for each other  

The one dimensional that I agree with, was down to the fact Stevie would not change from a front 3 with wide players leaving the middle forward isolated with no support. With the new system all 3 are far closer together, which actually helps Tav a lot as he has more space to get down the line with the right sided attacker stepping inside, instead of the usual let’s play wee triangles with Dan out wide bringing any attack to a halt. 

We have to try something to get Mo & Defoe on the pitch together, we can’t have our best asset sitting on his arse it only drives his price down and Defoe deserves to be playing if he’s coming up here on loan.