Morelos 4 match ban

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can’t believe we are even having a debate about whether to leave out a world class striker or the player of year and leagues top scorer, bonkers. 

We should get both of them on the pitch. 

World class, cmon to fuck mate 😂

We are finishing this season second at a canter.

This season is over. Our most valuable asset will be protected, simply because his sale is key to our success next season.

The team are playing well, so he is not needed. Cameo appearances and that's it.

If he gets a start fine. If he doesn't it won't matter a shit, other than less chance of an injury and I think Gerrard will err on the side of caution, because his future also depends on next season.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

If the team was winning well, and playing well, and his replacement was in good form, then yes, that's correct.

Tav is our best right back, but if he was out for 4 games, and his replacement was playing really well, I'd expect Tav to have to either show more in training, or wait to get his spot back. Same for any other player.  Morelos is no different.

Cmon mate, you know for a fact Tav walks back into that team. 

Simple fact is we have a good 11, we have to get all of them on the pitch at the same time. If we can’t then we won’t win anything next season either, we can’t afford to have one or two of our best 11 sitting on the bench to accommodate a certain system. We have to find a system that gets them all on the pitch playing week in week out. 

And I’ve changed mind on Defoe, he is capable of starting every game, you might not get 90 mins out of him but by then hopefully the damage is done and he can get a rest. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Cmon mate, you know for a fact Tav walks back into that team. 

Simple fact is we have a good 11, we have to get all of them on the pitch at the same time. If we can’t then we won’t win anything next season either, we can’t afford to have one or two of our best 11 sitting on the bench to accommodate a certain system. We have to find a system that gets them all on the pitch playing week in week out. 

And I’ve changed mind on Defoe, he is capable of starting every game, you might not get 90 mins out of him but by then hopefully the damage is done and he can get a rest. 

Tav might be a bad example because he is the captain.   Swap his name for any other player in the team.  

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

World class, cmon to fuck mate 😂

You don’t think Defoe is world class??

Aye he’s coming to the end of his career but you put the ball on his toe and he hits the target 95% of the time and scores more than he misses. That never goes away with age  

He has changed my mind on him the last few games. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This season is over. Our most valuable asset will be protected, simply because his sale is key to our success next season.

The team are playing well, so he is not needed. Cameo appearances and that's it.

If he gets a start fine. If he doesn't it won't matter a shit, other than less chance of an injury and I think Gerrard will err on the side of caution, because his future also depends on next season.

Your going to look even more stupid than usual if he stays for another season. 

Morelos was our best player before he got banned. He's still our best player and btw he isn't sold yet, likely though it might be. I'd play him on the right of this narrow system in Candieas place with Defoe central. Rather than wrap him up to sell him if play him to show his ability and I'd try and talk him into one more season 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye he’s coming to the end of his career but you put the ball on his toe and he hits the target 95% of the time and scores more than he misses. That never goes away with age  

Not even at his best was he world class.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Of course he's not World class. He wasn't World class when he was at his peak, a top Premiership striker but not World class by my definition.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your going to look even more stupid than usual if he stays for another season. 

King going to dig deep and pay for the quality we need out of his own pocket, aye?!

If Morelos stays and we don't get in the quality needed, then it's rinse and repeat.

Morelos is toast in this backwater. His fellow pro's, along with the ref's have got his number and ripping the piss.

Think King and Gerrard are taking the risk? I would be very surprised.

Bottom line, we tried Mo and it didn't work. Time to change and time to cash in.

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

King going to dig deep and pay for the quality we need out of his own pocket, aye?!

If Morelos stays and we don't get in the quality needed, then it's rinse and repeat.

Morelos is toast in this backwater. His fellow pro's, along with the ref's have got his number and ripping the piss.

Think King and Gerrard are taking the risk? I would be very surprised.

Bottom line, we tried Mo and it didn't work. Time to change and time to cash in.

Well he’s your mate is Mr King, so you should know more than me. 

Time will tell if he goes or stays. 

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Of course he's not World class. He wasn't World class when he was at his peak, a top Premiership striker but not World class by my definition.

Opinions mate. 

After seeing him in the flesh playing for us in a system that works for him, he has changed my mind on just how good he is. 

24 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Morelos was our best player before he got banned. He's still our best player and btw he isn't sold yet, likely though it might be. I'd play him on the right of this narrow system in Candieas place with Defoe central. Rather than wrap him up to sell him if play him to show his ability and I'd try and talk him into one more season 

Good shout .Id love Morelos to stay for 1 more year at least .

I feel he is far more valuable to us in our squad than his transfer fee in the bank .

He has been our best signing in years and theres no guarantee we can replace him right away 

43 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Who is our most valuable asset? 

Because in my opinion, the player I consider to be our most valuable asset is highly unlikely to even be at the club next season, never mind key to our success!

I didnt read this correctly - you said because his sale is key to our success - which although I dont think its key to our success, I think he will be sold.

3 minutes ago, Del said:

Who is our most valuable asset? 

Because in my opinion, the player I consider to be our most valuable asset is highly unlikely to even be at the club next season, never mind key to our success!

Morelos?

Got to laugh at all the people saying he deserves to play last couple of games. 

How about all the fans who travelled to Russia and in Scotland to watch him get himself sent off for being a fucking stupid cunt. 

Don’t change a winning team so he can sit on the bench. 

Just now, gogzy said:

His transfer fee could be the key to our success.

Yeh I read the post wrongly, I thought it said he would be key to our success, not his sale.

Either way, we need to be looking at investment regardless of whether Morelos is sold or not.

If we spend the same as the last couple of season (£10m-ish) then I would be happy, any money brought in from player sales could top that up, but we should be looking to spend £10m regardless of players being sold.

1 minute ago, fanaticCR said:

Got to laugh at all the people saying he deserves to play last couple of games. 

How about all the fans who travelled to Russia and in Scotland to watch him get himself sent off for being a fucking stupid cunt. 

Don’t change a winning team so he can sit on the bench. 

I traveled to every away European game, including the qualifiers, and I still want him to play the last couple of games.