Glenn Middleton

Broxi

What happened with him? Don't know an exact time frame but seems like he's not been in the team at all since the turn of the year. Has Gerrard just decided it's too soon for him based on his performances? He isn't the finished article yet but I thought he was a handy player to have and I think it's odd we're going into matches like the weekend without a winger on the bench and 3 CMs. Just seemed like a very sudden and permanent exclusion unless I missed something

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

What happened with him? Don't know an exact time frame but seems like he's not been in the team at all since the turn of the year. Has Gerrard just decided it's too soon for him based on his performances? He isn't the finished article yet but I thought he was a handy player to have and I think it's odd we're going into matches like the weekend without a winger on the bench and 3 CMs. Just seemed like a very sudden and permanent exclusion unless I missed something

Just isn’t that great at the moment. Quite quickly figured out by defenders I think. Has potential, and decent contribution given his limited game time. 

Will be interesting to see if he’s closer given Kent’s suspension. 

Like so many youth players that have came in to the first team he had a good start, then as the pressure grew he started to struggle.

Think a loan out so that he can play regularly at a high level without too much pressure would do him the world of good.

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I honestly think he's absolutely pish against any team who sits in because he has absolutely no trickery about him and he doesn't feel confident cutting in on his right so he's very predictable. He is young and has pace which is always an asset in the modern game but he has GOT TO add more to his game if he wants to make it at Rangers.

Looks like he is quite a good finisher as well to be fair.

Alfredo has been our best outfield player this season and it's not even close, the red cards don't change that. Kent has had a couple of hot spells and outside of that has been bang average if not anonymous, certainly not worth the money some on here suggest we should pay for him.

A loan spell to a decent team is required. No doubt the lad has ability and loads of potential so maybe just needs confidence to kick on to the next level. Has a better dead ball delivery than anyone in the first team imo. Really hoping he is still around to be a key player for us as the lads from the youth set ups start coming through as first team starters which wont be so far away.

Don't think he's as bad as many people in here are saying. He was getting goals and assists, was only 18 years old and I'm not saying he should be a starter I'm just surprised he's not even making it on to the bench ever, especially when we don't have any other wingers on it. He's a useful player as a different option. 

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Like so many youth players that have came in to the first team he had a good start, then as the pressure grew he started to struggle.

Think a loan out so that he can play regularly at a high level without too much pressure would do him the world of good.

thatll be him to either bury, fleetwood or falkirk then...

Earlier this year SG or MB stated that he was in the team earlier than anticipated due to our injury issues. He was getting games not expected in his development plan. Based on that I see no issue with him dropping out of the team again. He is a young boy that needs to grow into the 1st team. 

All things considered: he's had an excellent season. A guy who probably had no expectations of playing first-team football but who, through hard work in the pre-season, actually became a borderline-regular until the turn of the year. Obviously he's slowed down since then and has a long way to go but, taking a broader view of his progress, he's one of my highlights of the season (which, in itself, is a slightly depressing realisation). 

I think most of our youth players get overrated to fuck on here.  Middleton’s one of the the few I actually like and his return in terms of goals and assists has been good given his age and limited game time.  Comparing him to Wylde is ridiculous Middleton is much better than that.  If Kent gets a 3 game ban I hope we see Middleton back in the team.  

Can't say i'm that big on the loan spells. I think he learns more training with the first team than playing for the likes of Dumbarton. I know it worked in favour for McGregor and Adam back in the day and maybe Docherty or Ruddennow  but most don't come back better players playing in lower leauges. Gerrard said he had to protect his minutes played this year and that is what he is doing. He will get his chance, maybe even on Wednesday.