Ibrox Maintenance

Ace

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Of course it affects the history.

What other dressing room has oak-lined walls or coat hooks with a special hook for your bowler hat?  Where photographs of HM Queen are hung proudly on the walls?

Modern stadia dressing rooms are soulless and lacking in tradition as they all look near enough the same.   There is nothing traditional about a room that looks like it has units from B & Q kitchens and bathrooms.

The Ibrox dressing room is as much a part of our tradition and history as the marble staircase.  

Agree 100% but due to the neglect the players area was becoming a tip mate , chips out all the doors marks over all the walls , rot at the bottom of the wood in the dressing room that was becoming black , if all this can be gutted keeping the tradition along the way great , but I think it’s to far gon 

12 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Agree 100% but due to the neglect the players area was becoming a tip mate , chips out all the doors marks over all the walls , rot at the bottom of the wood in the dressing room that was becoming black , if all this can be gutted keeping the tradition along the way great , but I think it’s to far gon 

It needs stripping making good and refinishing with a few minor cosmetic repairs along the way, with a new door between changing room and showers.

Leave the style as is.

That is not a big spend required to get it into tip top shape.

Tin hat on here but I actually think we have outgrown the trophy room at Ibrox and if money was no option and it was up too me I would renovate ed house and have the trophy room in there spread out over a full floor or 2 as part of a museum that was open every day for tourists / fans 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Tin hat on here but I actually think we have outgrown the trophy room at Ibrox and if money was no option and it was up too me I would renovate ed house and have the trophy room in there spread out over a full floor or 2 as part of a museum that was open every day for tourists / fans 

Some people here are getting angry about wooden panelling, and you are suggesting that we take the trophy room out?

good luck!

9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I did the San Siro tour a few weeks ago. The tacky plastic dressing rooms are completely out of place in that old stadium with such a rich history. 

I did it years ago. A pretty soulless place. A concrete jungle. I'm sure it is ownewd by the Municipality and the Milan clubs only rent it.

The dressing rooms aren't being altered as far as I know. The pictures posted earlier are the managers office on the ground level - somewhere you don't get to go on the Ibrox tour. There are other facilities going in because Gerrard wants the players to be at Ibrox in the morning on game day rather than going to a hotel which they do currently etc but the dressing room isn't changing, 

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Fair enough but I disagree , we need too move with the times imo 

Completely agree, like it or not players are pampered arseholes. Most of them have their own booths and stuff now in changing rooms with their name above their place. Hence why work was done on the training ground to bring that up to standard as well. 

20 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Off topic completely  but I have a pen set made from the old oak seats from the main stand when it was done up.

the bloke who sold them, whose name I cant remember del something or other, is on here..... I vaguely think

THE rebuilding work on the park is what matters most for Rangers. The refurbishments off it are further signs of progress, proof that the club is being taken care of once again.

The money from Dave King and his board has funded the overhaul that has been undertaken by Steven Gerrard. Away from the boardroom, Colin Stewart plays his own part.

At Ibrox, a new hybrid pitch has been laid, while the dugouts and the track have been replaced. So, too, have the plastic panels around the stadium, while work continues to update and upgrade the players’ area as the wood glistens with fresh varnish.

In isolation, each job may not seem like a big deal. They mean much to Stewart after seeing Ibrox lose some of its lustre while previous regimes walked the corridors.

“I am almost 20 years at the club and I have never seen as much work getting done at the same time as this summer,” Stewart, the Director of Operations for the RYDC, said. “You can hardly get moving for people with hard hats and that is fantastic to see.

“It is actually quite heart-warming to see because we had four years of neglect, and you can’t do that.

“Having the manager on board, having come from what he has come from, has made a difference.

“It is fantastic. It is comforting for someone who is a Rangers fan that works there and sees it every day.

“I am delighted the board have seen fit to undertake the work. Money has to be spent on the first team, that is what we are all here for.

“But the board recognise that running parallel with that the fabric of the building had to be brought back up to Rangers levels. The board have backed the manager both on the pitch and off the pitch.”

The work at Ibrox is what supporters will see and cherish the most, but plenty is being done behind the scenes as well, including a major overhaul of the Hummel Training Centre.

That is where most of the funds, which total more than £8million now, that Stewart raises are invested.

It has taken time, but Rangers are finally being restored to the levels which supporters recognise.

“When I joined, Dick Advocaat was the manager and we have had some great years since with some great players,” Stewart said. “We won Trebles, we had Helicopter Sunday.

“I saw the Treble teams of the 70s. As a Rangers fan I expected to win and it is a shame that there are a generation of young fans now that have never seen us win. I am just used to it and having those four, five, six years of nothing and seeing people take not give from the club, watching the place crumble from the inside, it was tough, really tough.”

It is four-and-a-half years now since King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan won control at Ibrox.

Time, and money, hasn’t yet healed all the wounds, though. Legacy issues continue to be dealt with on a regular basis as steps forward are taken.

“I only met Craig Whyte twice,” Stewart said. “I remember sitting for the first time with Craig and I thought to myself ‘I have never sat with a billionaire before’. Before the second meeting, I realised I still hadn’t.

“I refused to meet Charles Green, I refused to meet (Derek) Llambias and (Barry) Leach. I met (Brian) Stockbridge and (Imran) Ahmad but I didn’t meet the Easdales (Sandy and James). There were very few of that group that I actually met.

“It is terrible to say, we basically locked our door and got on with our work. Sometimes I would take my laptop and work from home for a week because I knew they were looking for me and I would come back to all these missed calls.

“I refused to give them money. When the good guys arrived, I handed over money to Paul Murray.”

There are few staff at Ibrox with more stories to tell than Stewart. He lives the dream working for his club, but went through the nightmare before coming out the other side.

His commitment is admirable, his efforts crucial to Rangers.

“The board just now are great and I am around the place on a matchday and the guys thank me for what I am doing, which is really nice,” he said. “They are Rangers fans at heart and they just want the best for the club.

“For four years, I wouldn’t go near the Blue Room but now I am able to go back, there is laughter again and it is like the gloom has been lifted.

“The good guys are back and it is a changed place. The board are looking after Rangers on the pitch, but off the pitch is just as important.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/17705331.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

8 hours ago, Ace said:

Put that on a 24hr loop and I'll be happy to watch it until I die (old bear), love tradition and have done the tour with my boys and noticed how threadbare the carpet was in places. 

Will defiantly do the tour again (with the boys) to see the improvements, oh and sit (again) in Bill Struths seat...happy days.      

Buzzing to do a tour in the new season to see what’s all been done , as season ticket holders for most our life that’s the route we’ll need to go down to see it ,a payed tour, if your from Outer Mongolia or a pish actor in river city you just walk in when you please 👍🏻😂