Ibrox Maintenance

Ace

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

It's all a bit Liverpool isn't it? Looks fine for Anfield but part of the charm of Ibrox is the old-fashioned decor with the wooden paneling. You can walk down those corridors and imagine legends doing the same fifty years ago and hardly anything would have changed. Keeping everything in the best possible condition is necessary but these sort of additions look off. Plus just looks a bit tacky for my tastes.

It’s a shame mate , it was looking brilliant to , even framed photos of old players would kept it as classy as it looked , this has just ruined it 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I suppose it at least showcases respect for past players but I agree, I think framed photos would have been classier.

To be honest though it's nice to be moaning about this rather than anything else right now!

Agreed 👍🏻😂

Just now, OceanRain said:

Agree entirely with the second sentence.

You cant keep everything the same... some modernity, with a nod to tradition is all we can hope for. Look at the members, for example, place was becoming totally unfit for purpose so they take the sensible decision to throw those sofas to fuck and actually provide some, much required seating. The main moaners were those who thought they had some divine right to sit on them.

Does it look as good? No

Does it provide more suitable facilities for folk paying 6k a skull? Yes

Where do you draw the line

3 hours ago, thehost said:

You cant keep everything the same... some modernity, with a nod to tradition is all we can hope for. Look at the members, for example, place was becoming totally unfit for purpose so they take the sensible decision to throw those sofas to fuck and actually provide some, much required seating. The main moaners were those who thought they had some divine right to sit on them.

Does it look as good? No

Does it provide more suitable facilities for folk paying 6k a skull? Yes

Where do you draw the line

Don't treat the walls of the stadium like an 8 year old's bedroom.

There's on line.

5 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Looks like a wean’s bedroom wall. Why the fuck would you add that?

lol i was just about to comment it looked like my bedroom when i was 7. 

i used to have the bottom half of the wall with textured paper with grass printed on it.  the top half was faces that looked like a crowd. the border was designed to look like the advertisements going around the pitch. on top of all that it had huge stickers of Rangers players all around it. the only player i remember having was Bronckhorst. 

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The place needed an upgrade for years. Yes maybe the stickers arent as classy but they can be removed easily if theres enough negativity towards them, much like the banners on the stairs a while back. Keep improving the place but keep up the class it deserves.

Who would you contact regarding that? I’m quite confident I’d be ignored if I showed negativity towards them