Ibrox Maintenance

Ace

21 hours ago, govanblue said:

"RYDC re-launched Rangers Pools at the start of the 2018/19 campaign – in partnership with the Football Pools – with all profits going to the club specifically for the upkeep and maintenance of Ibrox Stadium."

So this is a new revenue stream, and doesn't impact the existing revenue streams to our youth system, which still pour in from stadium bricks, rising stars and Rangers Lotto.

In fact. it actually helps the youth revenue streams, because your post allows me to remind our Members that the RangersMedia Erskine Fund is a long-standing supporter of Rangers Youth Development Company through our sustained support of Rising Stars, Rangers Lotto and Stadium Bricks (Lots of Stadium Bricks!!!)  - and that in order to maintain that support, we need the support of RangersMedia Forum Members like your good self, and everyone looking in RIGHT NOW, if we are to continue that support of that fine organisation..  :rangers:

And speaking of Colin Stewart, Director of RYDC, I only noticed for the first time tonight that he is lurking in the background of this wonderful picture of John Greig  at Erskine Park Care Home opening the [RangersMedia Supported) Sporting Memories Room.

sct_JW_38391.jpg?resize=768,512&ssl=1

And only now do I realise that it must have been Colin who actually persuaded John to come along as the guest of honour in the first place.

The Rangers Youth Development Director helping out our Erskine Veterans?  That can't be right surely?   I'm raging!  :p:

And as a bonus - here's a wee reminder of what we all achieved back then with the Erskine Park Sporting Memories Room...

image.thumb.png.f0de71a852aab1f7cdbc5aa4de8b8a72.png

image.thumb.png.202ac21b011d47201b78de49740bc03c.png

😂 I love your posts...

And that sporting memories room. I don't admit to sneaking in that room on my nightshifts there at all 😉

9 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Because I’d rather money intended for youth development stayed within youth development if that’s all the same to you rather than going towards fixing the stadium. The charity does a huge amount of work for not only our benefit but grass roots football across the country. If it’s come out a different pot then it’s quite ambiguous, the tweet has come from the Rangers youth development company. That’s my point. 

You’re no quite getting the purpose of the Rangers pools mate are you. 

1 hour ago, Junior Soprano said:

You’re no quite getting the purpose of the Rangers pools mate are you. 

I’m evidently in the minority mate and I know there are several streams to it ie Rangers Lotto, Rising Stars, Stadium Bricks, Scratchcards, Youth Members Club as well as the now reformed pools but it doesn’t sit right with me that we’re funding our own stadium maintenance regardless of how it’s dressed up. 

Somebody previously suggested the work is costing £1.5 million, a £20k donation makes that just over 1% of the bill which is small fry in terms of that bill but actually £20k that could be much better spent elsewhere or more valued elsewhere is maybe a better way of saying it. Just my opinion. 

35 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’m evidently in the minority mate and I know there are several streams to it ie Rangers Lotto, Rising Stars, Stadium Bricks, Scratchcards, Youth Members Club as well as the now reformed pools but it doesn’t sit right with me that we’re funding our own stadium maintenance regardless of how it’s dressed up. 

Somebody previously suggested the work is costing £1.5 million, a £20k donation makes that just over 1% of the bill which is small fry in terms of that bill but actually £20k that could be much better spent elsewhere or more valued elsewhere is maybe a better way of saying it. Just my opinion. 

But that’s why the pools were restarted. For stadium maintenance. If o was doing the pools for that reason to then find out the money was going somewhere else, we’d be being deceived.

5 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

I tried the pools, gave up. It was made to complicated i ended up putting more in than intended because the layout was so shit. Maybe simplified it since but it pissed me off how they couldnt make it simpler for everyone

I’ve no got a clue either mate 😂😂£11 comes out my account every month 👍🏻😂

24 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

But that’s why the pools were restarted. For stadium maintenance. If o was doing the pools for that reason to then find out the money was going somewhere else, we’d be being deceived.

Fair one mate, who am I to question how you and others spend your hard earned. 

23 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Fair one mate, who am I to question how you and others spend your hard earned. 

It's very clearly set out here in the launch article...

Monday, 06 August 2018, 18:00

by Rangers Football Club

FORMER Light Blue stars Peter Lovenkrands and Gregory Vignal have today re-launched Rangers Pools.

This modernised venture places the Rangers Youth Development Company in partnership with the Football Pools – and profits will be donated back to Rangers Football Club exclusively for the maintenance and upkeep of Ibrox Stadium.

The Rangers Youth Development Company (RYDC) already has an established portfolio of products, which support the Rangers Academy, and these include Rangers Lotto, Rising Stars, Stadium Bricks, Scratchcards and the Youth Members Club. All of this has meant that more than £7.5m has been donated to the Youth Academy in the last 16 years alone.

Now, with the re-launch of Rangers Pools, RYDC will donate further funds to the Club, this time, for the sole purpose of keeping Ibrox Stadium in peak condition.

Fans can sign up for Rangers Pools via www.rydc.co.uk or www.rangerspools.com from Friday 10th August – and a minimum of 30p from every pound generated will go back to the Club for Stadium maintenance.

The Football Pools was established in 1923 and has paid out more than £3.5billion to winners over the last 95 years. Rangers Pools was a huge success for decades but the time is right to relaunch the product and RYDC Director of Operations Colin Stewart joined Academy coaches Lovenkrands and Vignal and representatives from the Football Pools at the Hummel Training Centre this afternoon to confirm this fresh partnership.

Colin commented: “I am delighted to be re-launching an updated version of Rangers Pools and I am confident our association with the Football Pools will yield positive results. Rangers Pools was an enormous success previously and, in its heyday, was the second largest Football Pools in the UK, second only to Littlewoods Pools.

“I have records showing 1.3m weekly entries, which is astonishing. It would appear that all Rangers fans, and a good number of fans from other clubs, played the game, mainly due to the massive prize money on offer. In the 1970s, Rangers Pools regularly gave away weekly prizes of £30,000 so it was an incredibly successful game. The profits were donated to the Club for stadium maintenance and upkeep and largely paid for the re-building of the Broomloan, Copland and Govan Stands.

“Regrettably, revenues dropped due to the introduction of The National Lottery and the decision was taken to drop Rangers Pools in favour of a Lottery type game, so Rangers Lotto was launched.

“However, the Football Pools have been a mainstay of the UK Football Pools industry since their establishment in 1923. They are the industry experts and have created a new website for supporters to sign up to play and, in a nod to the original Rangers Pools, all net profits from the game will be directed to stadium maintenance and upkeep. 

“I hope our fans will agree that Rangers Pools is a welcome addition to our portfolio and I would ask everyone over the age of 18 to give it a try and play with the knowledge and comfort of knowing that you may win some serious prize money, while also helping to ensure our beloved Ibrox Stadium is in the condition it deserves to be.”

Football Pools, Managing Director Conleth Byrne added: “The Football Pools are delighted to announce our new partnership with Rangers, which brings together two iconic names in the football business.

“We are sure that the Club’s magnificent fanbase will enjoy playing Rangers Pools for a chance to win big prizes, including a £3m jackpot and at the same time help support the upkeep of Ibrox Stadium.”

Quite a long article, but full of good info. 

If only you'd read that first!  :p:

On another note: This weekend sees RYDC teaming up with Rangers Supporters Erskine Association to host the ever-popular Champions League Final Night at Ibrox [sold out].  The proceeds of this night will be split between RYDC and Erskine Veterans.

The RangersMedia Erskine Fund has bought 26 tickets for our Erskine Veterans, and will be providing each Veteran with a fiver for the Raffle, a fiver for the Giant Football Card and a fiver for the Bar.

So okay, the beer money goes to Azure, but other than that, all that money we spend ensuring the Veterans have a memorable night, ends up back in the coffers of RYDC and Erskine. 

Win-Win-Win

:rangers:

Yes, @Brackley Bluenose you can support this awesome RangersMedia effort.   Just make a one-off donation to the Fund of £10 or more to become a Member. All of your donation will go to some Fantastic Rangers-Related causes, but I guarantee that none of it will go to stadium upkeep.  Although a fair portion of it definitely goes towards supporting RYDC, we just don't say that in the RM Erskine Fund name, because it would get far too clunky if we added the names of all the groups we support!

We've got a place in our Illustrious Members List already reserved for you, just below long-standing Fund Member @Brackley

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/317052-rm-erskine-fund-season-1819-official-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1064812206

Tell him @Brackley  :tu:

On 25/05/2019 at 10:51, Rambo1872 said:

I tried the pools, gave up. It was made to complicated i ended up putting more in than intended because the layout was so shit. Maybe simplified it since but it pissed me off how they couldnt make it simpler for everyone

Agreed mate, was fucking murder trying to organise it when it first came out.

On 24/05/2019 at 22:36, Brackley Bluenose said:

Because I’d rather money intended for youth development stayed within youth development if that’s all the same to you rather than going towards fixing the stadium. The charity does a huge amount of work for not only our benefit but grass roots football across the country. If it’s come out a different pot then it’s quite ambiguous, the tweet has come from the Rangers youth development company. That’s my point. 

No offence, but what on earth am I reading here? 

Do you remember when way back when all bears from all trades offered to help refurbish Ibrox for free?! There was a big majority of bears that wanted to offer their spare time to help. Why is this any different other than Bears putting money in to help our club stay in peak condition rather than it getting run down to nothing? 

I'm stunned at this post. 

54 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

No offence, but what on earth am I reading here? 

Do you remember when way back when all bears from all trades offered to help refurbish Ibrox for free?! There was a big majority of bears that wanted to offer their spare time to help. Why is this any different other than Bears putting money in to help our club stay in peak condition rather than it getting run down to nothing? 

I'm stunned at this post. 

I explained myself clearly in the post you’ve skipped past. Each to their own but that’s just my opinion on it. 

2 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

I passed today and saw the scaffold already up inside the copland, is this work not also happening on the Govan and Broomloan?

Just read this has been done!

The roof cladding has been completed to the 3 stands, by the looks of this the underside soffit of the stands are being over cladded, this along with the new side screen cladding will modernise the stadium. A good external clean of the stands and main stand roof I believe are getting done on completion of the cladding works. 

1 hour ago, the drummer said:

what we need is some mega rich cunt from the middle east to invest in our club and inject some real fucking money on the park and off the park .

that would be cool but doubt any cunt would be interested in buying us. just isn't much money to be made here when clubs win anything. and competing in the champion's league would require a huge investment to go up against english and spanish teams.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Players area been ripped right back to start upgrading 

4FFB1C54-C72C-49EB-BEAD-6C0AED1DC374.png

As much as I like our dressing rooms, they were in need of an upgrade.

Done the tour in the late 90s, 00s and then again in 2013 and they were exactly the same each time, I understand preserving tradition, but think this is long overdue. 

9 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

As much as I like our dressing rooms, they were in need of an upgrade.

Done the tour in the late 90s, 00s and then again in 2013 and they were exactly the same each time, I understand preserving tradition, but think this is long overdue. 

Aye...they can easily modernise them but keep a traditional feel to the design. The half broken coat hooks etc just looked rubbish.