Ibrox Maintenance

Ace

On 28/05/2019 at 22:45, born a blue nose said:

My work (me hopefully) are refurbishing the goalposts

Wee claim tae fame 

That would actually be a fair old claim to fame mate. Hopefully it's yourself who gets the gig. Just make sure it's no the day after one of yer mad benders😂

6 hours ago, Sid2103 said:

As much as I like our dressing rooms, they were in need of an upgrade.

Done the tour in the late 90s, 00s and then again in 2013 and they were exactly the same each time, I understand preserving tradition, but think this is long overdue. 

Agreed mate , there’s plenty class looking wood in the reception and the lounges to keep the tradition , the players area was becoming a tip 

Thankfully the dressing rooms aren't changing. It's other old rooms and spaces that are being put to better use. The old wood panelling, tiling and all of the other heritage is staying.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thankfully the dressing rooms aren't changing. It's other old rooms and spaces that are being put to better use. The old wood panelling, tiling and all of the other heritage is staying.

And get the portrait of the Queen back up and all will be fine . 

31 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Wooden panelling from the 20s.

Honestly. Some folk would have us with a mundane dressing room that could be any dressing room in the world other than a crest. It's heritage. We dont have much else football wise in this country any more, so we should be careful with it.

We're an old club with character and class not some homogenized, soulless English outfit. Anything that emphasises that stays. If it's slightly cramped or whatever, it's a small price.

We can still be all those thing's without the 70s wooden panelling.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

We can still be all those thing's without the 70s wooden panelling.

No, we can't. It all matters. Those clubs get rid of those kinds of club fabrics because they have no soul.

Daft young philistines'll be kept clear of these decisions anyway, so it's all good. That panelling was there to see Willie Waddell into the shower, and it'll see you out unawl, son.

That wood panelling is indicative of the history & tradition that permeates the entire club.

It echoes back to previous glories, as well as tragedies.

It and the other features of our stadium are what makes RFC & it's stadium iconic in world football.

To lose our history is to lose Rangers.