Gerrard given 1 match ban

marka1979

And when you are playing against 12 men as well it very difficult. “I thought the referee was abysmal. “How (Filip) Benkovic doesn’t get a yellow card and (Darren) McGregor does is beyond me. “He has taken (Emerson) Hyndman completely out of the game, we get a free-kick at the edge of the box, no yellow card. The Benkovic is borderline red for me, never mind a yellow and he gets nothing. “He just took Hyndman completely out, he knew what he was doing, there was no intent to get the ball. “It baffles me why that is not a yellow card. I am not here to get players sent off. I am just looking for the referee to do his job properly".

- Neil Lennon. No notice of Complaint Issued.

Steven Gerrard:

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 203 - No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match.

Fixed Offer of 1 match suspension offered

The suggestion is he has criticised Madden after the game hence this notice of complaint.

No bias eh? Corrupt to the core. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Might as well ban wee Broxi bear tae.

Has there ever been a season where we have had as many bans from these cunts?

Nope... and it was in full throttle when we were in touching distance of the scum. January was Alfredo month for trial by tv.

52 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Also where does this pish that the Protestant way is stoic quiet indifference. 

The clue is in the name, we stand up for our rights and take shit from no one, if we hadn’t the Protestant faith wouldn’t even have got going. 

Need people at the club that gives a fuck first , Gerrard excluded in that 

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Remember the massive rant of a statement they released raging about the refs December game? No fine for them but we were fined for our statement in about Candeias being sent off for blowing a kiss ffs.

It's the inconsistencies like that that do them no favours and don't exactly make them look impartial.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

It's the inconsistencies like that that do them no favours and don't exactly make them look impartial.

It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if they'd fine and cite everyone equally. It's inconsistent and lopsided as fuck.

Just now, Supersonic said:

It wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if they'd fine and cite everyone equally. It's inconsistent and lopsided as fuck.

Exactly. It's an easy thing to do as well. Blanket fine, ban, cite. If Halliday gets done then so should Brown and Bain etc

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's baffling really. Gerrard conducts himself properly, with class and with restraint. He is always well spoken, straight to the point but always with dignity, yet gets offered a one match ban?! 

as has been said previously on the thread we have Lennon running half the length of a pitch, at times has been on the pitch. We've had Levein, McInnis, Clarke and again Lennon all slating referees in post match interviews and as far as I'm aware no retribution. 

Something stinks here. Also noticed that the other notices of complaint from the old firm game aren't being dealt with until May. What's the point in that? (Apart from that it frees up Brown)

If anything in footie is fair Brown would have been punished for his antics on Sunday,they know it,the media know it,the whole f**king world knows it.The SFA decide to punish Brown(leniently) but they then decide to 'balance' the books and ban Gerrard for speaking the truth.Only in Scotland☹️

1 hour ago, Iggy666 said:

So let me get this right. Gerrard is offered a 1 match ban for questioning why scott brown wasn't punished for his involvement in the incident at full time,  but they are citing scott brown for his involvement in the incident at full time because they believe he should be punished. So the sfa agree with Gerrard but are giving him a ban anyway. :confused:

It fries your fucking brain does it not.

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I want to know what he said, canny remember hearing him say anything about the ref

Nothing publicly I can think of.  I'd like to think its something hes said directly to him, but doubt it, it's probably a nothing comment made which no one bar the SFA finds in any way out of order.

17 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Remember the massive rant of a statement they released raging about the refs December game? No fine for them but we were fined for our statement about Candeias being sent off for blowing a kiss ffs.

I remember.

Weren't quite as many paranoid realists on here back then.