Katic

Weemani

11 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I don’t even see the debate about Worrall and Katic, something has happened for Katic not to be playing. He’s our player and IMO he’s miles ahead of Worrall. 

It’s not even funny how much better than Worrall he is.

We were able to play about the back today comfortably  because he isn’t a complete dumpling on the ball. He also has enough pace to recover any lapses he might have and Goldson looks 100x more confident playing next to him 

2 hours ago, KingKaiJohansen said:

Thought the defence looked good today apart from Goldson nearly gifting them a goal. 

If Katic is dropped after today I will be shocked. 

I think he will be unfortunately, Stevie seems to think Worral is better for some reason. 

4 hours ago, philiprfc said:

Don't agree, I like Katic and he was very good today, but if both play to their best, Worral is better. Both have a bombscare in them imo.

Every central defender  on the planet has a bombscare in them tbh

The biggest point and it's not even worth debating now .Worral won't be here next season so why piss Katic off another time like SG probably did before 

The guy has done more that enough to make us forget Worral very quickly 

Katic and Goldson until the end of the season .See what we have as a partnership for next season 

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Did the decision to play Worral cost us the league?

We had everything to play for going in to the winter break.  Throwing Davis and Defoe straight in to the first-team away to Kilmarnock was a mistake.  I honestly think that loss killed of our momentum and we’ve never came back from it.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We had everything to play for going in to the winter break.  Throwing Davis and Defoe straight in to the first-team away to Kilmarnock was a mistake.  I honestly think that loss killed of our momentum and we’ve never came back from it.

Completely agree, you didn’t answer the question though.

43 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Every central defender  on the planet has a bombscare in them tbh

The biggest point and it's not even worth debating now .Worral won't be here next season so why piss Katic off another time like SG probably did before 

The guy has done more that enough to make us forget Worral very quickly 

Katic and Goldson until the end of the season .See what we have as a partnership for next season 

The point I was debating was that he was a "million miles better than Worral" but aye I see the value in playing Katic at this point given the circumstances.

33 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This fella here knows the score

That and the fact that Worrall's less of a likeable character means he gets shorter shrift than Katic. There's no doubt that folk are far more scathing of his mistakes and deficiencies than of Katic's.

22 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Did the decision to play Worral cost us the league?

nope - the culmination of bad managerial decisions and a lack of consistency cost us the league - primarily the latter.  

Worral had some bad moments but was also part of the team who kept a number of clean sheets - not as bad as some say but should not be ahead of Katic

There was no major concerns at the start of the season playing katic. You simply don't change something that works, so I think something must've happened. Maybe became too big for his boots in training and Gerrard didn't like that.

If  you look at the games we dropped points, Worrall was playing and indeed a few mistakes made. However our defensive record isn't bad at all, albeit I much prefer Katic to Worrall.

The bigger issue is not killing teams off. Between lack of creativity at times and chances in front of goal not taken, we have shot ourselves in the foot.

We are getting better though and I can't wait until next season, because will be a much better prospect and I expect to take that title.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

If  you look at the games we dropped points, Worrall was playing and indeed a few mistakes made. However our defensive record isn't bad at all, albeit I much prefer Katic to Worrall.

The bigger issue is not killing teams off. Between lack of creativity at times and chances in front of goal not taken, we have shot ourselves in the foot.

We are getting better though and I can't wait until next season, because will be a much better prospect and I expect to take that title.

We are getting better. We have scored more goals than anyone. We just couldn't turn a 1-0 into a 2-0 and ended up getting sucker punched. I reckon we have dropped 8-10 points were we totally dominated the game. That won't happen next year, it will be sorted.

Difficult shout. Not convinced any of our centre backs fill me with confidence to be honest. Goldson looks good when he has space and time but lacks pace when needed, struggles to sometimes read the bounce and i’m Not convinced about his heading ability. Worral  is more physical, good in the air but is prone to stupid mistakes and dodgy passing. As someone mentioned previously, Katic has potential but is currently raw and naive. He is old fashioned in his approach - clear your lines at every opportunity. Very good in the air and likes a challenge but his distribution is woeful.

Hopefully Goldson and Katic will improve over the summer but I think we need a bit more quality in this area and someone capable of dictating play and ruling that back line.

Genuinely shocked that Stevie G seems to prefer Worrall to Katic. 

Katic was excellent at the start of the season, followed by a brief shaky spell following being dropped for no reason. 

Worrall has been bombscare after bombscare. How he started against Hearts after his Rob Kiernan impression in the OF I’ll never get my head round. Utterly abysmal, and then did some daft turn and lost the ball again against Hearts where we should really have been punished. 

Playing Katic for the rest of the season is a no brainier. Better in the air, better in possession and better tackler IMO. And our player. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Genuinely shocked that Stevie G seems to prefer Worrall to Katic. 

Katic was excellent at the start of the season, followed by a brief shaky spell following being dropped for no reason. 

Worrall has been bombscare after bombscare. How he started against Hearts after his Rob Kiernan impression in the OF I’ll never get my head round. Utterly abysmal, and then did some daft turn and lost the ball again against Hearts where we should really have been punished. 

Playing Katic for the rest of the season is a no brainier. Better in the air, better in possession and better tackler IMO. And our player. 

It's odd that both Worrall and Goldson have been able to play through their wobbly spell yet Katic was not afforded the same treatment.

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's odd that both Worrall and Goldson have been able to play through their wobbly spell yet Katic was not afforded the same treatment.

I didn’t even think he had a wobble to be dropped for. 

Worrall came in against Valencia and Livi, wasn’t great - but never really dropped out properly again. Katic has Hamilton and Moscow away after that (where he was admittedly pretty poor), and only a couple of games here and there since.

Worrall has had mistake after mistake, without much said by SG. 

14 hours ago, Jb85 said:

There was no major concerns at the start of the season playing katic. You simply don't change something that works, so I think something must've happened. Maybe became too big for his boots in training and Gerrard didn't like that.

Katics dad died and I think he struggled a bit for a few weeks/got seen drinking a couple of times.