ST renewal

KingKirk

13 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Any idea when they are likely to be out? 

With demand for tickets through the roof I think we might see a large increase in price also.

Said the same earlier in the season when somebody mentioned this 

If there is a 'large' increase then the club are a fucking joke, even any increase should be forgot about but the usual 20quid or so would be acceptable 

Some of the prices this season have been shocking, especially the European matches imo. We should be happy that fans are queuing out the door aye but shouldn't give them an excuse to rip the arse out of us even more.

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not sure if you noticed mate but the filth are about to win their 8th title in a row and are rumoured to be going big next season by going after AVB as manager

We NEED to spend money to bring in quality. That costs money. If the season ticket prices go up to fund an increased transfer budget for Gerrard so we can try and bring in quality like Kent then count me in.

If you could guarantee that the extra money was spent on transfers alone then fair enough mate but that'll never happen. 

I can understand the usual increase like I said and even that will be a nice boost to the finances but the money for transfers should be coming from the European run this year/potential Morelos money if hes moved on, it can't always be dependent on taking more off the fans.

Our European tickets this year in the Europa league were massively overpriced & some of the cup games were a joke but they were always going to sell because of the fans we have. 

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If you could guarantee that the extra money was spent on transfers alone then fair enough mate but that'll never happen. 

I can understand the usual increase like I said and even that will be a nice boost to the finances but the money for transfers should be coming from the European run this year/potential Morelos money if hes moved on, it can't always be dependent on taking more off the fans.

Our European tickets this year in the Europa league were massively overpriced & some of the cup games were a joke but they were always going to sell because of the fans we have. 

I appreciate it can't always be dependent on the fans but right now there are few alternatives we don't have rich benefactors who own the club who will plough millions in unfortunately and until we do or until we are self sufficient with sustained European runs and player transfers, the fans will always be the ones who have to foot the majority of the bill. 

Any increase is obviously painful for fans to swallow but as I said if money goes to the manager for transfers I'll put my hand in my pocket and I've no doubt thousands of other Bears will grumble but do the same

Edit: and to be clear, when I'm talking about increases I don't mean bumping prices up by £100. Even a £25 increase on average adds £1m to the club's income which can pay a half-decent player's wages 

For me I don't mind an increase.

I'm afraid if we want to challenge next season & if we want quality, it requires funds that we don't have unless it's via fans & ST.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I appreciate it can't always be dependent on the fans but right now there are few alternatives we don't have rich benefactors who own the club who will plough millions in unfortunately and until we do or until we are self sufficient with sustained European runs and player transfers, the fans will always be the ones who have to foot the majority of the bill. 

Any increase is obviously painful for fans to swallow but as I said if money goes to the manager for transfers I'll put my hand in my pocket and I've no doubt thousands of other Bears will grumble but do the same

The first thing we should be looking to do is get as much as we can on our most valuable assets (likely Morelos/Tav) and the transfer fund is built around that. The season ticket money, while obviously included, should be an extra to that & not make up the vast majority of what we end up spending.

If we bring in 10 million from season tickets alone (a number plucked out the air) then how much should be realistically be spending if you include the Euro run & possibly moving Morelos on? 

Thats the sickener for fans, aye some will be angry about an increase but I agree they would accept it if they seen significant money being spent to close the gap to the taigs but we end up increasing prices & only spending the season ticket money on transfers. 

35 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I'm not sure if you noticed mate but the filth are about to win their 8th title in a row and are rumoured to be going big next season by going after AVB as manager

We NEED to spend money to bring in quality. That costs money. If the season ticket prices go up to fund an increased transfer budget for Gerrard so we can try and bring in quality like Kent then count me in.

who is AVB  do you mean the guy that was at chelsea etc   cannot see that at all  think lennon will still be there

42 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Said the same earlier in the season when somebody mentioned this 

If there is a 'large' increase then the club are a fucking joke, even any increase should be forgot about but the usual 20quid or so would be acceptable 

Some of the prices this season have been shocking, especially the European matches imo. We should be happy that fans are queuing out the door aye but shouldn't give them an excuse to rip the arse out of us even more.

How is an increase a joke? we need more quality that costs money where else do we get the money to compete with the tarriers? if you’re so unhappy about prices I’m sure there will be plenty others willing to pay the prices.

Supply and demand. If we've got a huge waiting list then it means the tickets are too cheap.

I expect they will go up between 5-10% possibly nearer the 10. We need to try and get some money into the club to boost our chances of silverware next season. No guarantees obviously but I would gladly pay more to see Tav holding a trophy aloft with blue and red ribbons on it - it's been a while!

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Yes. Linked to them yesterday and today. 

hope he gets the job he is shite    yet at the same time the papers are reporting that lennon is looking at targets for next year i will be shocked if lennon does not get the job he fits perfectly for the scummy club

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

How is an increase a joke? we need more quality that costs money where else do we get the money to compete with the tarriers? if you’re so unhappy about prices I’m sure there will be plenty others willing to pay the prices.

As noted you get more money by signing/bring through younger players and developing them then selling them on, something we haven't done for years. Aye we need to close the gap and I can understand a small increase just with everything being more expensive these days but fleecing the fans to get a better transfer budget in just because we have a huge waiting list is bang out of order.

If you don't think the fans get shafted off the board constantly then fair enough but this season alone we've had:

• Europa league package, some more than what other clubs paid for their 3 champions league matches. That's not just the taigs btw but including English clubs as well.
  • 1 days notice (several times) for money getting taken out for cup games, this has been going on for a good few seasons now. I only get 2 every time but can't imagine how somebody deals with 1 days notice for cup/away games when they have 3/4 tickets
  • Ridiculous single pricing on tickets, seen somebody who bought a ticket for Hearts last week a few days before game when it wasn't a sell-out...£35, some of the Europa matches were £41 for a single ticket.

As for the last part, aye I will pay the money and so will the vast majority of people just because they are fans and want to be there to support the club, still doesn't make it the right thing to do.

12 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Supply and demand. If we've got a huge waiting list then it means the tickets are too cheap.

I expect they will go up between 5-10% possibly nearer the 10. We need to try and get some money into the club to boost our chances of silverware next season. No guarantees obviously but I would gladly pay more to see Tav holding a trophy aloft with blue and red ribbons on it - it's been a while!

No it means that the stadium has less seats than fans that want a season ticket

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Jeez the board have done a right job on us. No increase, no war chest, no better players. 😂

How about the morons running our club get their act together and get the money in the door without squeezing the fans Year after year. 

The board will come and go mate. It's our club and ultimately down to us keep supporting it financially if we want to be successful 

We are edging closer to where we want to be but need an extra push to get us over the line. I am not holding my breath on the board doing it.

Just now, Bearsden bear said:

The board will come and go mate. It's our club and ultimately down to us keep supporting it financially if we want to be successful 

We are edging closer to where we want to be but need an extra push to get us over the line. I am not holding my breath on the board doing it.

So when is it too much?? 

20% 50%, eventually you can’t ask the fans for anymore and it becomes the job of the board to raise the money needed, that’s their job after all. 

Honestly any increase not in line with inflation, is a joke.