ST renewal

KingKirk

Just now, Dan Deacon said:

No it means that the stadium has less seats than fans that want a season ticket

Same thing. No point in having increasing numbers on a waiting list. Upping the prices will reduce the waiting list whilst bringing in more revenue (and still selling out)

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So when is it too much?? 

20% 50%, eventually you can’t ask the fans for anymore and it becomes the job of the board to raise the money needed, that’s their job after all. 

Honestly any increase not in line with inflation, is a joke. 

10% is probably the limit for me. But maybe there should be some kind of mechanism there that would allow wealthy fans to pump more money in if they wanted.

Raising ST prices generates very little income, but can be the difference between someone affording to renew or not.

We need other avenues of income, need to get this shirt stuff sorted. Cracking new market areas, must be other stuff.

2 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Short term increases could be frozen in future....I want to stop those bastards asap

You’re still telling the poorer fan that they aren’t needed. 

We have a waiting list now so you can get ta fuck for the fans with more money. 

17 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Same thing. No point in having increasing numbers on a waiting list. Upping the prices will reduce the waiting list whilst bringing in more revenue (and still selling out)

I don't think we should be a club that prices people out of going just because richer fans that now want to go can afford it.

Where was this waiting list 3 or 5 years ago.

I personally can afford a price increase, but I wouldn't want to see someone that can't afford loose their ticket because they cant.

If memory serves me correct, we are also back at the same level as we were the last champions League game season we had, so a small increase could be expected, but we have to be cautious and not take fans for mugs just because we have a list of people who now want a ticket.

25 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

As noted you get more money by signing/bring through younger players and developing them then selling them on, something we haven't done for years. Aye we need to close the gap and I can understand a small increase just with everything being more expensive these days but fleecing the fans to get a better transfer budget in just because we have a huge waiting list is bang out of order.

If you don't think the fans get shafted off the board constantly then fair enough but this season alone we've had:

• Europa league package, some more than what other clubs paid for their 3 champions league matches. That's not just the taigs btw but including English clubs as well.
  • 1 days notice (several times) for money getting taken out for cup games, this has been going on for a good few seasons now. I only get 2 every time but can't imagine how somebody deals with 1 days notice for cup/away games when they have 3/4 tickets
  • Ridiculous single pricing on tickets, seen somebody who bought a ticket for Hearts last week a few days before game when it wasn't a sell-out...£35, some of the Europa matches were £41 for a single ticket.

As for the last part, aye I will pay the money and so will the vast majority of people just because they are fans and want to be there to support the club, still doesn't make it the right thing to do.

The club was running at a loss it was only Europa league money that prevented that this year, maybe if/when we’re back in champions league and have surplus cash the board can afford to give back to the fans but until then our cash is needed.

5 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

The club was running at a loss it was only Europa league money that prevented that this year, maybe if/when we’re back in champions league and have surplus cash the board can afford to give back to the fans but until then our cash is needed.

Agreed that our cash is needed and we'll again fill out the stadium next season, that's us supporting the club the best we can. 

But our tickets are already overly expensive as is & just because we have a good support doesn't mean they should be taken advantage of.

As others have said, an increase in line with inflation is fine but anything silly is just ripping the arse out of us.

18 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

I don't think we should be a club that prices people out of going just because richer fans that now want to go can afford it.

Where was this waiting list 3 or 5 years ago.

I personally can afford a price increase, but I wouldn't want to see someone that can't afford loose their ticket because they cant.

If memory serves me correct, we are also back at the same level as we were the last champions League game season we had, so a small increase could be expected, but we have to be cautious and not take fans for mugs just because we have a list of people who now want a ticket.

You're probably right mate. I just can't see how we can truly compete and topple them without increasing revenue. 

We lost so much ground during admin and the rebuilding process is long and costly.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That’s a bit of a shity thing to say tbh mate, everybody’s situation is different, guy could have been a ST holder for years or paying for multiple tickets every season then he’s basically told to get tae fuck somebody else will take his place because a price hike could squeeze him 🤨

Never really understood that argument