11 Years Ago Today

BridgeIsBlue

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That commentator was brilliant too. He said the famous "Manchester brace yourselves." Him and Andy Townsend loved us that year. 

I'm sure it was Jim Beglin that was his co-commentator. Regardless, Peter Dury didn't even hide the fact he was soooooo delighted for us that year. His passion was incredible. 

6 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That commentator was brilliant too. He said the famous "Manchester brace yourselves." Him and Andy Townsend loved us that year. 

I'm sure it was mostly Jim Beglin that did the co commentary on that UEFA cup run. 

Perhaps Townsend did one or 2 but I distinctly remember Beglin being very complimentary about us and me thinking "well he isn't a bitter pape".

It still hurts we didn't go for it in the final though. Only time I was annoyed at Sir Walter.

21 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I'm sure it was mostly Jim Beglin that did the co commentary on that UEFA cup run. 

Perhaps Townsend did one or 2 but I distinctly remember Beglin being very complimentary about us and me thinking "well he isn't a bitter pape".

It still hurts we didn't go for it in the final though. Only time I was annoyed at Sir Walter.

And the Scottish cup tie at Tannadice where we practically gave away another treble that night . The one where Wilson scored in last minute

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Spot on it was.