Dave King Statement

BeargerNo.1

20 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Year 2023:

We're making unceasing encroachment in glomming celtics grip on the league. I veritably feel we're nigher than we've ever been, and the next active period will be the most preponderant challenge yet. Our new manager has worked wonders in Peruvian football and the contacts he has should bear fruit on the pitch.

You will never walk alone, 

D. King

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would say 4/5 mate. 

We are 3 season down the road with this board and we are still saying well it will be next season for sure only another 1/2/3/4/5 players and we will have 55. How many years are we going to keep saying this. 

Im not asking King to sell his shares and fuck off, I’m asking him to step down as chairman get a new chairman in place that knows football inside out and the business world, sack Robertson get a proper CEO in place that can drive the club forward. King is more than welcome to sit on the board as a NonExc. 

The drive from inside the club is missing for me, you can see that drive with Stevie and his backroom staff but when it comes to the club it looks like the local bowling club committee that are happy to just keep plodding along with their fingers crossed that we have a great season and the scum have a shite one. 

To be fair, I think after beating the beggars when we were in the championship, many of us were guilty of being far too optimistic on our chances of winning the league but by the time Pedro got the bullet I think most believed nothing less than a major overhaul of the squad was needed.

If the beggars stand still and we can hang on to Kent as well as adding another 2 or 3 quality additions it will make our chances of winning the league a distinct possibility. 

While I don't agree that King and the board lack drive or ambition, I can't argue that there isn't room for improvement. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What investment, he just goes to the same wee group time after time, because he can control them. He never looks for new investment potential we don’t here about any new money from a new source with the same drive as the fans or Stevie  

So Stevie came because he was told there would be money, any idea when it’s going to appear?? 

So if we have a failing Chairman and he happens to be the largest shareholder, well thats just tough and we plod on. You really going to be happy with that for the next what 20/30 years, it’s staring to sound like the end of Marlborough family stewardship. 

Oh and if you need to ask what getting the job done as Chairman of Rangers involves I think it’s time you started following another team. 

I mean, you could start a thread on each of the points youve made  and get loads of different replies but you've literally stated what investment...then confirmed investment has been given, but that its not acceptable as its from the same wee group...

As for a new source of investment with "the same drive as the fans or Stevie"? It would be logical to suggest that given the state we have been in financially in recent years, that if there was anyone with the "same drive as the fans of Stevie" that they would have already invested? How realistic is it to find that sort of investment? I would say there is quite a lot of negatives surrounding the club, and more so Scottish Football, to prevent any neutral investors, and even if someone was interested it wouldnt surprise me if half the support drive them away as they are not "Rangers Men"

I think you have misread/misunderstood my comment about Gerrard joining...I said that from what we hear King is the one bringing in the investment, a main reason Gerrard came etc. As in...King is the one bringing in the investment, King is one of the main reasons Gerrard came...etc

On the money side though, according to sources we spent £10.5m last season on transfer fees (not including loan fees, pay off etc) and brought in just under £2m, do you not think that an £8m spend is good considering our current position? That's on top of the £9m spent the season before., so just under £20m in two seasons, but you are still waiting on money appearing for the manager???

You are suggesting that he is a failing chairman but cant explain what standard/objectives/scale he should be judged on without making a snide comment, something I've noticed you do a lot in your posts to be honest but cringe aside, it did make me laugh! If you can be bothered, let me know what you think "getting the job done" as a Rangers Chairman involves, so I can see if I should look for a new team to follow or not 🤦‍♂️

Think this is more JT than DK writing this. "...……..we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media."    This just stinks of JT trying to justify his role at the club. "I'm doing something about it all. Honest I am! You just can't see what I'm doing"

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

"...…………..followed by periods of varying quality. "     One of those management-speak types of phrases.    Could also be used to describe the impact on the team resulting from Morelos' sendings off.

"...……..we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media."     Easy to say that the Club is relentless in working hard behind the scenes but what is the evidence of success?   What have they done that has caused the outcome of Rangers being given the respect the club and support deserves?  Its a statement from King that's hollow and without the substance of evidence to back it up.   Its just a 'trust us gov' type of statement.   

As for not engaging in unseemly debate through the media what sort of debate has the Club engaged in and what were the outcomes (what are the required outcomes)?   

The strategy of letting others (clubs and media) land blows and make statements which go without effective public response from Rangers is badged by the Club as an indicator of strength.    10 years and more ago that sort of strategy was the position of high moral ground, of being above the noisy fray and of getting the right sort of result / outcome via chats and influence in the corridors of football power.     In this era I think it is seen more and more as weakness.  Of ceding ground, views, opinion and so on to those who are prepared to occupy public media space and use it to press home their viewpoints and assertions.   

We are in a different age but the Board and execs hang on to the code of dignified silence as though it were still the good old days.    In this era he who forces the agenda, who makes the case most vigorously and consistently in the public domain, gets the attention and gets listened to.  I doubt if all that much of modern serous business (including football business) these days is done via discreet chats among a few folks in the quiet dark corridors of power.    If that is still the way it works for Scottish Football as far as Rangers is concerned then perhaps King could give a few examples of where this type of approach as worked to Rangers benefit?   What King is really saying to the Support is just take the guff and stuff coming from other clubs and the media and keep the other cheek permanently turned because we the Board will be doing fuck all in the public arena to change our ways of working to defend the Rangers case.        

This x 100% IMO. :thumbup:

Money is key. He doesn't have it, but worse, no one that does have it is coming anywhere near us.

The signing policy has been poor, with too many average players, rather than spendng on few that are quality.

I think we are but a commercial project for Dave and he is sticking to his unwritten plan and maximise his ROI, but only taking that titłe will deliver that wndfall, so that can be seen as a positive.

This summer hopefully sees an end to that with 3/4/5 in of the desired quality coming in and the dross out the door.

What money we do have available, I'll give him his due that he does spend it and fills the operational funding gap personally. If we spend all the ST money again, the operational funding gap will be underwritten by King.

I'm assuming MA comes up with much of the shite in the player numbers that we get, so it needs to stop. We have a decent base to build on, just need a few of quality to come in. 

Gerrard has experienced almost a full season, so he will now know what it takes, which also equals no more of the shite he brings in to do a job. 

It's a step up in quality now needed, or we're fucked.

I'm feeling positive for next season.

4 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

."..........We are now within tangible reach of Rangers becoming the dominant force in Scottish football again...…….." 

Wonder if the bold (and still invisible) Dave or anyone else at Ibrox including SG would care to define 'tangible reach' in the context in which the Chairman uses the words?  Would they be prepared to say when 'tangible reach' is expected to become actual reality? (no, I thought not - too much of a hostage to fortune).    

'Tangible' implies to me that if the Club takes defined and specific steps or actions that are within its gift to take then 'within tangible reach'  then becomes the place we all want to be and that is the reality of having reached the objective of title win and cup wins.       

Hold the bold Dave's statement in the memory though because if after yet a few more seasons without a league title and cup wins and especially in the 150th anniversary season, he has not been able to steer the Club to moving from 'tangible reach' to having actually achieved then he is, imo. finished as Chairman.   Holding out the prospect of being nearly there but presiding over also-ran seasons is not the mark of a Chairman and Board that are effective stewards of Rangers.   Vison and holdng out the prospect of success need to be turned into actual success.  There is no getting away from that. 

Let's see how much of a transfer budget Gerrard and Allen get for next season and lets see which players they persuade to join Rangers and whether these additions (when taken with the inevitable transfers out) result in a team next season that moves from 'within tangible reach' to actually winning the title / cups.  Or whether this time next April while the season is still winding up, we get the message from the bold Dave of 'buy again because we are nearly there'.     incremental progress with the hope of title success still something out of actual reach but sort of on the horizon.     

STs will sell pretty much regardless of his words.   At least the price increase is not excessive.   That said, if he really wanted shift from 'tangible reach' to something like 'very realistic prospect' then maybe he should be looking to find ways to invite Supporters who could afford it, and who'd be willing to do so, to invest further in the Club provided the investment was solely for transfer budget purposes.  

Think it's his way of protecting HIS project as he sees it and it's the only way he knows how to.

King works in a very clandenstine way of doing business and as we know, sometimes very stupidly imo.

He has overseen three transfer windows which imo money has been wasted. Just too many players of average ability being brought in, just overburdenng the wage bill.

Yes we now appear to have improved, but at what cost?  Money wasted on too many.

Hopefully the end of the player numbers game and the star of real quality coming this summer and if so, we are seriously challenging enough to take that title. 

King is going nowhere until he gets his ROI and he only has next season to do it, in taking that title. He strikes now or he's fucked along with us.

22 minutes ago, Iggy666 said:

Think this is more JT than DK writing this. "...……..we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media."    This just stinks of JT trying to justify his role at the club. "I'm doing something about it all. Honest I am! You just can't see what I'm doing"

Spot on there.

FFS, can anyone imagine King sitting down to pen that shite? No fucking chance.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe King should just tell us the truth then, we are where we are and we won’t be getting any better anytime soon. We might have the occasional great year where we win a league title but it will only be maybe 1 in every 4/5 years. While the scum march past our world record league titles and we just become another club in scottish football. 

Because as things are going after 3 years that’s what it’s starting to look and feel like. 

It is actually 4 years past in March since he took over CB, and he said it was a 5 year plan to get back winning the league, so everything will have to work next season. We can all only hope that this summer the players needed to improve the team are signed up. :nailbiting:

Someone should remind King that us being in “tangible” reach has been via the better performing loan players performances. With them gone and Morelos on his way, ST money isn’t enough to keep us where we are let alone challenge if this is what he classes as “tangible”.

No Dave, dominant is the wrong word to focus on. 

We're the ones who are dominated. Dominated by the tims, dominated by the SFA, dominated by the refs, dominated by the other teams with crude tactics they get away with, dominated by the media, the polis..........the list goes on and on. 

We've been subservient and compliant for too long, especially at board level (except for a token response of banning one journo), and we know that if any tangible grip on success comes along all bastards I listed above will tramp on our knuckles again and again.. 

Stop playing to the gallery, grow as set of balls and let the others know we are back and we are fighting, tearing at the bit for success, not just looking at "tangible reach". 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Someone should remind King that us being in “tangible” reach has been via the better performing loan players performances. With them gone and Morelos on his way, ST money isn’t enough to keep us where we are let alone challenge if this is what he classes as “tangible”.

Tangible reach due to them having their worst league season since we went down and losing a manager at the business end of the season.

We still collapsed.

4 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe King should just tell us the truth then, we are where we are and we won’t be getting any better anytime soon. We might have the occasional great year where we win a league title but it will only be maybe 1 in every 4/5 years. While the scum march past our world record league titles and we just become another club in scottish football. 

Because as things are going after 3 years that’s what it’s starting to look and feel like. 

Don't think sales is for you.

1 hour ago, Del said:

I mean, you could start a thread on each of the points youve made  and get loads of different replies but you've literally stated what investment...then confirmed investment has been given, but that its not acceptable as its from the same wee group...

As for a new source of investment with "the same drive as the fans or Stevie"? It would be logical to suggest that given the state we have been in financially in recent years, that if there was anyone with the "same drive as the fans of Stevie" that they would have already invested? How realistic is it to find that sort of investment? I would say there is quite a lot of negatives surrounding the club, and more so Scottish Football, to prevent any neutral investors, and even if someone was interested it wouldnt surprise me if half the support drive them away as they are not "Rangers Men"

I think you have misread/misunderstood my comment about Gerrard joining...I said that from what we hear King is the one bringing in the investment, a main reason Gerrard came etc. As in...King is the one bringing in the investment, King is one of the main reasons Gerrard came...etc

On the money side though, according to sources we spent £10.5m last season on transfer fees (not including loan fees, pay off etc) and brought in just under £2m, do you not think that an £8m spend is good considering our current position? That's on top of the £9m spent the season before., so just under £20m in two seasons, but you are still waiting on money appearing for the manager???

You are suggesting that he is a failing chairman but cant explain what standard/objectives/scale he should be judged on without making a snide comment, something I've noticed you do a lot in your posts to be honest but cringe aside, it did make me laugh! If you can be bothered, let me know what you think "getting the job done" as a Rangers Chairman involves, so I can see if I should look for a new team to follow or not 🤦‍♂️

If you only have a smal group of investors with a limited money pot then eventually you run into the obvious flaw in that plan. 

Youre really going with that old chestnut of if they haven’t invested by now then they never will, so what happens when the current investors leave are we to just shut the doors, how do you know other investors won’t get involved while we have the current board. 

You think Stevie joined Rangers because of Dave King?? I’m just going leave that wee nugget hanging there as it really is comedy gold. 

They employed a manager and gave him millions then thought let’s get the DoF in well that’s a great plan, interesting that no one has fallen on their sword over the Pedro fiasco. The question you should be asking the board is why have we wasted that amount of money and are no nearer to winning a trophy. 

What is it Rangers do?? If don’t know that then you should be elsewhere. 

Tell me something you seem to be happy 3 years down the road with nothing to show for it, just when does it become obvious we have the wrong people running our club???