Barisic & Grezda - Off This Summer?

“Not long for Scotland” according to David Edgar on Heart & Hand extra.

Says he wouldn’t be surprised to see both gone in the Summer because the club have already decided that they aren’t going to get to “the level”.

Neither have been great so far but it’s dissaponting that we’ve invested between 3-4 million on them only to possibly decide they aren’t up to it after less than a year.

We has to learn to box more cleverly. We cannot keep wasting money on players like these guys and players like Pena, Cardoso, Herrera.

Grezda wouldn’t surprise me at all - I just hope we can recoup >50% of what we paid for him. I’d be more inclined to give Barisic another season because, despite his shortcomings, I think his crossing ability is too much of an asset to give up on. When a team unlocks that potential he’s going to give them 15+ extra goals a season. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yes, that Croatian International isn’t capable of getting us to next level but Jordon Jones, Graeme Shinnie and Greg Stewart are.

He said it was different reasons for each of them.

I would think Barisic struggling with the physicality of the game up here is probably the reason we have decided we don’t fancy him. 

Personally I would give him the summer and the beginning of the season to see if he can learn to deal with it because his technical ability isnt in question.

Just now, DBBTB said:

He said it was different reasons for each of them.

I would think Barisic struggling with the physicality of the game up here is probably the reason we have decided we don’t fancy him. 

Personally I would give him the summer and the beginning of the season to see if he can learn to deal with it because his technical ability isnt in question.

Yet we were told by Gerrard that his signings would be Men and the days of us getting bullied were gone.

By Fuck is Gerrard lucky that he had Morelos this season.

At least with Mark Allen, Ewan Chester and John Brown leading the scouting we are in good hands.

20 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“Not long for Scotland” according to David Edgar on Heart & Hand extra.

Says he wouldn’t be surprised to see both gone in the Summer because the club have already decided that they aren’t going to get to “the level”.

Neither have been great so far but it’s dissaponting that we’ve invested between 3-4 million on them only to possibly decide they aren’t up to it after less than a year.

We has to learn to box more cleverly. We cannot keep wasting money on players like these guys and players like Pena, Cardoso, Herrera.

I like borna to be honest but it doesn't look like it's going to work.

4lhad also indicating both could go.

Surprised to.hear Jack may well be premiership bound as well

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I like borna to be honest but it doesn't look like it's going to work.

4lhad also indicating both could go.

Surprised to.hear Jack may well be premiership bound as well

Ryan Jack?

Can’t see him in The Premier League at all. Doesn’t have the pace (or ability) for it.

Any idea who is sniffing about him? 

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yet we were told by Gerrard that his signings would be Men and the days of us getting bullied were gone.

By Fuck is Gerrard lucky that he had Morelos this season.

At least with Mark Allen, Ewan Chester and John Brown leading the scouting we are in good hands.

:mutley: