Barisic & Grezda - Off This Summer?

3 minutes ago, backup said:

If indeed it comes to pass, how much will have been squandered on them.

That would depend what we sell them for.

I wouldn't be surprised to see both away, the vibe from Gerrard is a frustrated one with both players. That said, I think Barisic has a lot of promise and I'd put his stop start time mainly down to injury. I'd probably persist with Barisic at least. I haven't seen enough of Grezda to really know what to make of him. He doesn't seem to have the managers confidence so I'd expect he might go. 

Don't enjoy being a doubting Thomas but the moment I seen Grezda step foot on the pitch and take a couple of touches I just shook my head and said to myself "naw".

For us to rattle 1.1m or whatever it was on him was lunacy.

He wasn't even matchfit when we signed him not that it will ever matter as he is pure pish.

Terrible decision, especially so soon after signing the last shower of shite that I was hoping we had at least learned lessons from. 

15 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Don't enjoy being a doubting Thomas but the moment I seen Grezda step foot on the pitch and take a couple of touches I just shook my head and said to myself "naw".

He wasn't even matchfit when we signed him not that it will ever matter as he is pure pish.

Terrible decision, especially so soon after signing the last shower of shite that I was hoping we had at least learned lessons from. 

It was reported as 2 million at the time :anguish:

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Agree with all of this, unfortunately a good summation.  

I think you have to give the more technically gifted players a chance to climatise to the physical nature of the game up here. 

Yes the results are the most important thing but I couldn't stomach the thought of a team full of players with the technical ability of Andy Halliday just because they throw themselves about a bit more. 

Theres a balance to be struck and at times this season I don't think Barasic has been helped by the fact that Kent gives him very little help on the left hand side. 

6 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

So a Croatian international player isn't good enough for Scottish football?   Staggering.   Could say the same for Grezda.     

Is the message here that they are good enough footballers - good enough to play at full international level - and in one case for Croatia for fucks sake, but that somehow something in their game just does not work for Scottish football at Rangers?      If that's the case it says more about Scottish football - and Rangers inability to pick players that have a very strong probability of adapting to Scottish football - than it does about the players themselves.  With one exception.  

The exception being that the players themselves just do not like playing or living in Scotland and if that's the case then no matter how capable they are as players at international level their heart would not be in it and they'd not be giving their all at club level.   Is that the case with these 2 players?

If they go then it almost doesn't matter which so-called marquee or even squad players are brought in - even if they are all experienced internationals - immediately they start in the eyes of many with the assumption that they won't be able to hack it at Rangers or in Scotland.   That seems to be the way it is in Scotland. 

Mate, hagi couldnt hack it at Real Madrid but excelled at Brescia in Serie B at the time. Just because a player doesnt suit/settle in a country doesnt make him a bad player, just a bad fit 

Think we will make money on Barasic based on caps alone, a decent agent will move him on on that basis alone. Grezda also has had a decent amount of games for his country so could possibly break even, no way we payed £2m for him. 

I trust SG to know whether these two players have something to offer as we move forward. If he does then I hope they grab their chance when it comes...... otherwise I hope we can at least earn back the money we paid for them.

Grezda reminds me of Marvin Cilik. Utter dogshite and a complete hit and hope merchant. 

With Barisic, theres a player there. He's just not got the mentality to reach the level he's clearly capable of. Echoing what others have said but if he could somehow screw the nut, could be a very useful player for us. Frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, MFJ14 said:

Grezda reminds me of Marvin Cilik. Utter dogshite and a complete hit and hope merchant. 

With Barisic, theres a player there. He's just not got the mentality to reach the level he's clearly capable of. Echoing what others have said but if he could somehow screw the nut, could be a very useful player for us. Frustrating. 

Did Cellik not actually go on to do not too bad after leaving us?

I’m a massive fan of Barisic but he does seem injury prone.  Legs covered in ice,  use always bleeding, can’t play on plastic.  If someone would pay several million maybe taking it would be good business.  I don’t watch Kilmarnock but they’re said to have a promising young LB.