Barisic & Grezda - Off This Summer?

Disappointed, had high hopes for both of them. Barasic will do well, just can't adapt to the Scottish league. Could see him being comfortable in a better league that isn't full of hammer throwers. Grezda i want to see more of before i make a judgment, he shows flashes of being a good player but isn't really fit and has been very stop start. I'd rather see Grezda than Candeias tbh

Gerrard seems very frustrated with Barisic, which either means he's got a talent but ain' got the balls to fulfil it, or that Gerrard over rated him. 

Hopefully it is the former and he can improve his aggression and commitment.  

10 hours ago, rangersross said:

Grezda wouldn’t surprise me at all - I just hope we can recoup >50% of what we paid for him. I’d be more inclined to give Barisic another season because, despite his shortcomings, I think his crossing ability is too much of an asset to give up on. When a team unlocks that potential he’s going to give them 15+ extra goals a season. 

We won't win any title with any of the 2 of them anywhere near the first 11

42 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Gerrard seems very frustrated with Barisic, which either means he's got a talent but ain' got the balls to fulfil it, or that Gerrard over rated him. 

Hopefully it is the former and he can improve his aggression and commitment.  

He is made of glass and has the heart of a mouse

I think Barisic has the makings of a very good LB but needs to step up. Like most, I fear his style will be best suited in another league.  Grezda, on the other hand, has shown me nothing that makes me think that money has been spent wisely.

We need to stop shipping out reasonably big fees for us (and Scotland bar the mhanks) and if we do pay it out, they are regulars in the team and greatly influence our results. We've (arguably) paid £3.5m on these two players and neither can be considered regulars in our starting 11. That is not good enough for management of the club. 

I'd be really disappointed if this is the best we got from both of them. I think they've both been a disappointment this season, particularly Grezda, but I really want both of them to do well here. I actually think there is more of a chance that Grezda will come good only because the problem with Barasic seems to be that he lacks heart, and no-one can give you that. You have it or you don't.

If we're taking a chance on Grezda next season then we're mad. He's clearly nowhere the standard we need and is a waste of a wage and position.

Barisic is different, you totally wouldn't be surprised if we let him go and a year or two from now he's signing for a big club for millions.