Get A Top Quality Centre Half Signed

tannerall

Give Gerrard the dosh and get a top notch experienced centre half for millions who can captain the team to glory. Get Katic beside him and McCrorie in front and we are on our way with the best goalie in Scotland behind them...............................

5 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

I don’t think Goldson is good enough

I think he is. Remember he's not played a lot of football in the last 3 years or so to now nearly playing in every one of our games this year. Decent rest then a good pre season will do him well.

10 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I think he is. Remember he's not played a lot of football in the last 3 years or so to now nearly playing in every one of our games this year. Decent rest then a good pre season will do him well.

He’s not commanding enough he always lets the ball bounce instead of attacking with his head and he often loses his man I have seen it from very early on this season. 

I think we need a consistent centre half pairing.  There's been too much chopping and changing this season.  Katic and Goldson have the making of a good partnership which was why it never made sense to keep picking Worrall who seems to bring his centre half partners down to his mediocre level.

Whoever we bring in next season will need to be at least as good as Katic and Goldson.  That means definitely not Souttar!

I personally would just rather see us stick with Goldson and Katic as the first choice pairing, unless someone who will be a drastic improvement on either of them is available in our price range. 

However we will need cover so who do you get that is going to be good enough but happy to play second fiddle?

7 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I genuinely think it's been burnout more with Goldson. Going from a couple of starts to a 50+ game season was going to take its toll.

Gerrards fault, 4 centre halves on the books, could have dropped goldson for shite games like dundee at home etc