Bounce game against Liverpool u23’s yesterday.

OhW

12 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Only four I'd keep on for next season. 

Polster because he's just here and worth it for his missus, Barisic and Grezda because there might just be something there, and obviously Morelos.  The rest are loans or had their day with us.

How have you decided to keep Grezda, Polster and Barasic but let Halliday go when he's came on leaps and bounds this season? 

Mental

How old is that boy with the crazy curly hair (I know, ive reached the fucking stage that I have no idea of names and can only describe things by random haircuts) that we signed. Seen him rip up a few youngsters games, is he too young for this team?

6 minutes ago, thehost said:

How old is that boy with the crazy curly hair (I know, ive reached the fucking stage that I have no idea of names and can only describe things by random haircuts) that we signed. Seen him rip up a few youngsters games, is he too young for this team?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3823366/Rangers-nathan-young-coombes-chelsea-england/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiH3av3mOjhAhUFJ1AKHaOHAUkQFjANegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0hwg_fOCTzGHvah8hrM8cQ&ampcf=1

Nathan Young-Coombes. He's 16. I think it's been said he's a huge prospect but not near ready for the physicality of the spl. Might have been Elfideldo who said that, was someone who has seen him play regularly.

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3823366/Rangers-nathan-young-coombes-chelsea-england/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiH3av3mOjhAhUFJ1AKHaOHAUkQFjANegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0hwg_fOCTzGHvah8hrM8cQ&ampcf=1

Nathan Young-Coombes. He's 16. I think it's been said he's a huge prospect but not near ready for the physicality of the spl. Might have been Elfideldo who said that, was someone who has seen him play regularly.

that's the kid, didn't realise he was that young. Just remember his hair and him running by folk. Thanks for giving me his name.

15 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Got to admire the boy. Many would have been upset, frustrated and disappointed going from first teamer to primarily playing with the youths but he seems to have a great attitude and willingness to learn and improve. Good luck to him. Some older players could maybe learn from the young man.

It all depends on how the situation is explained .

I doubt he was told .you had a first team chance and you fucked it .back to the youths fannybaws.

However an approach of .Well done .That was a great start .now we reckon you need a few months back with the younger players and get working in the gym .

52 minutes ago, thehost said:

wee sideshow bob .hes 16 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

How have you decided to keep Grezda, Polster and Barasic but let Halliday go when he's came on leaps and bounds this season? 

Mental

Halliday has been with us for a number of years and what's obvious is this "improved" version of him is appreciated, but he's never going to be good enough to command a starting place in a title winning team.  If he stayed, and to be honest I wouldn't be overly averse to it, then he's a bench player at best but more likely a squad player getting a place on the bench through suspensions/injuries. 

Grezda and Barasic both joined us late in the summer transfer window and both seem to have struggled with settling in to a foreign country and a different style of football...and they've both been unable to maintain a decent run in the team because of niggling injuries.  However, they are both full internationals who built good reputations at previous clubs and with their respective national teams.  I'd like them to have a full pre-season with us and a good run in the team.  If it's not working out next season then fine, move them on.  However, given their background I'd be inclined to stick with them a little longer.

Polster is pretty much in the same boat as Grezda and Barisic, and nobody really knows that much about him.  If nothing else, we need to keep Mrs Polster around for a little longer.

He says he probably learnt more about the players in that 90mins than he has in the whole season.  I don't think he confines that to just the development players either.  Then we go from embarrassment in the first half to fantastic in the 2nd half.    

That's all a bit cryptic from Gerrard in the short video clip.  It might have been more useful to have had a fuller interview / video clip provided somewhere.  One which explained what he and the coaching staff learned from one game that they'd not learned in the entire season so far.   Whatever it was must have been pretty profound for the manager to admit that the game had provided such a landmark learning experience for him.   

To swing from embarrassment in one half to fantastic in the second half would, it seems to me, tend to indicate that some or many of those who started the game did not take it anywhere near seriously enough and nowhere near as seriously as the manager himself seemed to take it.     If, after nearly a full season under Gerrard, enough of the starting players have simply not absorbed enough of what Gerrard wants to see in a Rangers side even when its a bounce game then surely they have marked their own exit cards, or if not exit then dropped right out of serious contention for first team duties until the lesson is shown to have been learned.       If the first half was an embarrassment then at the very least it marks some or all of those who started the game as being nowhere near professional enough.   If that's the case then they should be asking themselves if they really should be plying their professional football trade at Rangers.

PS - well done to those who came on in the 2nd half and put the effort in to turn it into a fantastic (Gerrard's word) 2nd half performance.   

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

How on earth did that team go 4-0 down to the Liverpool u23s :lol: 

I looked their team from recent games and it's had some very decent players in it. People like Woodburn, Brewster, Camacho and guys like Oxlade-Chamberlain coming back from injury.

We should be giving some of the young guys doing well in the development team more time in the first team.

How can 4 youngsters come on and change the game, guessing Liverpool made a whole host of changes at half time.

I would rather put on one of these guys over the like of Lafferty.

Unless someone was there this is really all speculation.

Maybe during the first half, everyone was treating it like a Sunday kick about. The gaffer made it known that it meant more than that to their careers and they knuckled down second half?

it seems bizarre that they have released an interview with Steven Gerrard about some closed door kickabout but not shared any footage, report or live tweets. 

36 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Unless someone was there this is really all speculation.

Maybe during the first half, everyone was treating it like a Sunday kick about. The gaffer made it known that it meant more than that to their careers and they knuckled down second half?

it seems bizarre that they have released an interview with Steven Gerrard about some closed door kickabout but not shared any footage, report or live tweets. 

He subbed 4 of them in the second half to change the game and brought on 4 players all of which were 17 and 18 years old to save it.

It was an embarrassment no matter how you look at it. If anyone at that club is treating a training exercise against a club like Liverpool as a Sunday kick about then they'd be best fucking off now 

Liverpool Under-23s team v Rangers:Atherton; Whelan, Masterson, Gallacher, Johnston; Coyle, Randall, Christie-Davis; Jones, Camacho, Woodburn

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-really-happened-liverpool-u23s-16173651.amp?__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

We should be giving some of the young guys doing well in the development team more time in the first team.

How can 4 youngsters come on and change the game, guessing Liverpool made a whole host of changes at half time.

I would rather put on one of these guys over the like of Lafferty.

These younsters still need to develop physically .Look at the pelters Middleton has been getting

Few bits from Liverpool Echo:

Ben Woodburn led the way as Liverpool Under-23s ran riot in a friendly against Rangers before being pegged back late on.

The Wales international scored twice with Rafa Camacho and Curtis Jones also on target at Ibrox.

Liverpool led 4-0 midway through the second half before Gerrard's raft of changes helped the Scottish Premiership outfit launch a late fightback. Rangers ended up salvaging a 4-4 draw courtesy of a last-minute equaliser.

Liverpool Under-23s team v Rangers: Atherton; Whelan, Masterson, Gallacher, Johnston; Coyle, Randall, Christie-Davis; Jones, Camacho, Woodburn