Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination protest Sat 27 Apr 10am

Bad Robot

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Obviously you’re not counting the dogs that took part.

Now that is very true :lol: to be honest I love dogs and feel sorry that they are trailed around the streets with shite looking flags etc around their collars, time the SSPCA stepped in. 🐕

6 minutes ago, Dickie said:

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Now that is very true :lol: to be honest I love dogs and feel sorry that they are trailed around the streets with shite looking flags etc around their collars, time the SSPCA stepped in. 🐕

image.thumb.png.8d98afd0c85bad925baa27f7e83d438a.png

32 minutes ago, SonOfLuther said:

Club 1872 have submitted a FOI asking for the contents of these private facebook groups saying it falls inside FOI.

What's the chances of getting the FOI on them?

none.

Just now, backup said:

Only the club/board and a capable QC can do that, as pointed out previously

Why so? 

Have the OO commented yet?

Fact is a known bigot is still top 'dog' in GCC and she & her rhagtags can still do untold damage.

1 minute ago, SonOfLuther said:

Why so? 

Have the OO commented yet?

Fact is a known bigot is still top 'dog' in GCC and she & her rhagtags can still do untold damage.

Are you suggesting the board should wait or do nothing and let some others, who obviously have as much appetite to fight for their rights as our board does, carry the torch.

A bit rich when mcaveety is taking the fight to the snp and aitken, while our lot are hand wringing.

If our board don’t take action against the bint...she has won and we are shafted again.

1 minute ago, backup said:

Are you suggesting the board should wait or do nothing and let some others, who obviously have as much appetite to fight for their rights as our board does, carry the torch.

A bit rich when mcaveety is taking the fight to the snp and aitken, while our lot are hand wringing.

If our board don’t take action against the bint...she has won and we are shafted again.

I'm suggesting the board won't get involved officially at the moment.

McAveety and the Tories were taking the fight to them.

Club 1872 were involved.

Where is the OO statement on the SNP/GCC stance? Why haven't they spoken?

If anyone should speak for the Protestant People, surely it is they?

9 minutes ago, SonOfLuther said:

If anyone should speak for the Protestant People, surely it is they?

This fiasco is about aitken invoking Ibrox and the directors box in relation to mcaveety.

The board should be having a lawyer ask what exactly she was and is implying that is our fight no one else’s.

1 minute ago, backup said:

This fiasco is about aitken invoking Ibrox and the directors box in relation to mcaveety.

The board should be having a lawyer ask what exactly she was and is implying that is our fight no one else’s.

This fiasco is an accumulation of SNP bigotry extending to the OO, Labour fella and Rangers.

What makes you think Rangers aren't taking legal advice?

As the title of the thread is about Scottish Protestants and all the goings on since with the info available, I will ask a genuine question again.

Why haven't the OO spoken in any way shape or form, yet?

Susan Aitken offers apology for Frank McAveety Facebook post

By Stewart Paterson  @PatersonHTPolitical Correspondent

The leader of Glasgow City Council has offered an apology for a remark and picture she shared about a rival politician in a private SNP Facebook group.

Susan Aitken also branded the leak of the private group post as a “betrayal of trust”.

Ms Aitken was reported by Labour group leader Frank McAveety to the Standards Commissioner for posting a picture last year amid a controversy about the council refusing a fanzone at Ibrox.

The picture was of Mr McAveety attending a Rangers match in 2015 in the directors’ box.

Ms Aitken commented: “Oh and if anyone fancies getting these nice photos of Frank McAveety enjoying hospitality in the Rangers directors’ box out there.”

The post in a SNP group closed Facebook page was leaked last month.

The council leader was accused by Labour of attempting to stir up a sectarian divide the city is trying to move away from.

Mr McAveety said at a meeting of Glasgow City Council today that he was disappointed in the remark as the leader represents a local authority where football affiliation represents a “challenge”.

At a meeting of Glasgow City Council, Ms Aitken repeated the post was “just a joke” and not related to sectarianism.

She said: “It was a joke. It was nothing to do with sectarianism or football.”

She said it was made in private and was not shared by anyone at the time.

She said the SNP, like other parties, had been the “victim of a leak”, adding that political groups are entitled to have private discussions.

For all your breaking Glasgow news, click here, or head to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages

She said: "If I had wanted to do as Frank McAveety suggests, then I could have tweeted it. I chose not to. I had no interest in continuing the unpleasant narrative.”

She added: “It had nothing to do with sectarianism.

She said the leaker had “betrayed the trust of the SNP Group” by putting it in the public domain.

She added: “If Councillor McAveety is genuinely offended, then I apologise.”

However, she said she shouldn’t have to apologise as “there was never any sectarian motive.”

Archived