Scottish Protestants Against Discrimination protest Sat 27 Apr 10am

Bad Robot

Watching the general assembly of the CoS programme (miss songs of praise 😉) and found the figures revealed in it startling.

In the last century the flock numbers halved and will half again by 2030.

The average age of those in the assembly must be 60.

Ministers at a record low and many due to retire.

Record sales of churches, the one near me is now a Mosque.

The CoS will soon be no more.

Simply not Protestant enough.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SonOfLuther said:

Watching the general assembly of the CoS programme (miss songs of praise 😉) and found the figures revealed in it startling.

They’re only clinging to theirs due to the schools as most young people now don’t believe in things without proof or the internet lol

1 hour ago, SonOfLuther said:

Believe that there is little left that is reformist. 

The CoS needs reformed and we can start by removing every so called lapsed taig from office and boot their fucking collective erses straight out the fucking door and an end to all the joint taig led ecumenical initiatives.

In a desperate attempt to recruit new members, we are trying to be all things to all men. I even heard today at church from the minister that we are further embracing the rights of LGBTQI+, which is in direct conflict with scripture. Like the taigs, we are now making up the rules as we go along, which was the whole reason the reformation was brought about.

If we got back to our first principles embodied in the scriptures and be exactly what we were founded upon, then just maybe we could start increasing the rank and file. 

Members have left in their droves due to the lberalism that now exists and either gave up religion as a lost cause or joined the more evangelical Baptists and wee frees and the like. We have simply lost the plot and allowed to be swayed by the taig infestation to our demise. Just as they set out to do.

27 minutes ago, SonOfLuther said:

Too many Christians have given up the ghost. Too many modern day Protestants and Catholics don't believe in God. They are more concerned with getting one over on each other rather than preaching the gospel. One day a non-Christian group might sneak in and take charge and the Christians are gonna realise they fucked it.

27 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Too many Christians have given up the ghost. Too many modern day Protestants and Catholics don't believe in God. They are more concerned with getting one over on each other rather than preaching the gospel. One day a non-Christian group might sneak in and take charge and the Christians are gonna realise they fucked it.

By definition if you don't believe in God and the Christ you cannot call yourself Christian, Protestant nor Catholic.

The taigs never taught the Gospel and indeed were in conflict, hence the reformation.

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The taigs never taught the Gospel and indeed were in conflict, hence the reformation.

Not really correct. They did, but with their own doctrines that allow their own take on the scriptures. Controlling the masses is more important to them. The pope is a catholic-made (not Godly) head of their church and answerable to no one, they pray to idols, they employ men who forgive sins with no God given right, they sin more than any other group but are ok as long as they confess to some other bloke etc. Mental religion.

But for those on both sides who don't believe in God/Jesus/some other guy, or go to church. Why does religion remain such a big issue?

On 24/04/2019 at 16:50, The Dude said:

Ive already told you. Use literally any other street in the city. 

My mate is grandmaster of the shettleston boys and he thinks it's a fucking disgrace that we are being forced to take other route because  the snp are putting pressure on the police.  

Now last season the tarriers smashed up a police car by jumping on it , this year the bus celebration gets stopped yet the celtic board want it again at a later date. 

And I bet they fucking get it.

Maybe you should be writing up the Protestant point of view and fire a few articles out regarding it and try and get them printed. 

Oh and why no article regarding the lies after he last old firm game at the beggerdome? Remember Rangers fans attack celtic fans and stabbed them in the pub putting one in intensive care.   It is widely known now it was celtic fans that attacked celtic fans.  Did you do an article to highlight this and the papers knocked it back, or did you not bother you arse printing the truth and sticking up for your fellow bear when it's false and serious claims s

32 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

My mate is grandmaster of the shettleston boys and he thinks it's a fucking disgrace that we are being forced to take other route because  the snp are putting pressure on the police.  

Now last season the tarriers smashed up a police car by jumping on it , this year the bus celebration gets stopped yet the celtic board want it again at a later date. 

And I bet they fucking get it.

Maybe you should be writing up the Protestant point of view and fire a few articles out regarding it and try and get them printed. 

Oh and why no article regarding the lies after he last old firm game at the beggerdome? Remember Rangers fans attack celtic fans and stabbed them in the pub putting one in intensive care.   It is widely known now it was celtic fans that attacked celtic fans.  Did you do an article to highlight this and the papers knocked it back, or did you not bother you arse printing the truth and sticking up for your fellow bear when it's false and serious claims

I didn't bother my arse.

I write about football, if you're unhappy with how something is reported then complain to IPSO. They have far more stroke to do something than I do.

The people who pay my wages want me to write about stuff related to what goes on on the pitch or actually related to football. They didn't want us to cover Dorrans being attacked either. I've no issue with that. I'm a football 'journalist/blogger' rather than a crime writer.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what did you do to stick up for your fellow bear when its false and serious claims being made - other than expecting someone else to do something?

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I didn't bother my arse.

I write about football, if you're unhappy with how something is reported then complain to IPSO. They have far more stroke to do something than I do.

The people who pay my wages want me to write about stuff related to what goes on on the pitch or actually related to football. They didn't want us to cover Dorrans being attacked either. I've no issue with that. I'm a football 'journalist/blogger' rather than a crime writer.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what did you do to stick up for your fellow bear when its false and serious claims being made - other than expecting someone else to do something?

You write about football?  Are you a journalist or not? And the people that pay your wages are usually part of the problem with their anti Rangers agenda ? 

I thought we were a football club,?  As for they did not want Dorrans attack mentioned ?  Who exactly,?  Don't  say they ,  give us the anti Rangers bigots names and how about you take them on also ? They are part of the problem as when when Lennon took a hiding in Glasgow they printed front page, back page and centre page  ,  seems to be double standards in your industry yet you say nothing ? Why? 

Seems to be an anti Rangers agenda with cunts  you sell your story's too yet you don't out them? Or are you scared they say your work is not up to scratch and that's why they do not buy them and nothing to do with Rangers,  As that's what these cunts would try and do.

I would name and shame every single one of them and I would not give a fuck if I never got another article printed  

31 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

You write about football?  Are you a journalist or not? And the people that pay your wages are usually part of the problem with their anti Rangers agenda ? 

I thought we were a football club,?  As for they did not want Dorrans attack mentioned ?  Who exactly,?  Don't  say they ,  give us the anti Rangers bigots names and how about you take them on also ? They are part of the problem as when when Lennon took a hiding in Glasgow they printed front page, back page and centre page  ,  seems to be double standards in your industry yet you say nothing ? Why? 

Seems to be an anti Rangers agenda with cunts  you sell your story's too yet you don't out them? Or are you scared they say your work is not up to scratch and that's why they do not buy them and nothing to do with Rangers,  As that's what these cunts would try and do.

I would name and shame every single one of them and I would not give a fuck if I never got another article printed  

I am a journalist. Like most, I have a particular area of focus, mines is football. Their anti-Rangers agenda? Do you even know who my employer is?

They didn't want it reported because it's not a football story, nor is it one that we want to particularly focus on. Plenty of other outlets had already done that so we would add nothing to the overall debate/discussion.

My employer ran front, back and centre page stories about Lennon getting battered despite not operating any newspapers?

I'd hasten a guess that there are double standards in almost every industry.

I'm on a contract so don't have to sell stories to anyone. Evidently, my work is up to scratch otherwise they wouldn't have headhunted me to launch a new outlet for them as well as strengthening the output of an existing title.

Of course you would. Which is why I'm sure you'll tell me how you've quit various jobs in the past to take on the various double standards within that industry. Or maybe it's easy to spout pish from behind a pseudonym on the internet without ever actually having to follow up on any of the bluster and bravado.

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I am a journalist. Like most, I have a particular area of focus, mines is football. Their anti-Rangers agenda? Do you even know who my employer is?

They didn't want it reported because it's not a football story, nor is it one that we want to particularly focus on. Plenty of other outlets had already done that so we would add nothing to the overall debate/discussion.

My employer ran front, back and centre page stories about Lennon getting battered despite not operating any newspapers?

I'd hasten a guess that there are double standards in almost every industry.

I'm on a contract so don't have to sell stories to anyone. Evidently, my work is up to scratch otherwise they wouldn't have headhunted me to launch a new outlet for them as well as strengthening the output of an existing title.

Of course you would. Which is why I'm sure you'll tell me how you've quit various jobs in the past to take on the various double standards within that industry. Or maybe it's easy to spout pish from behind a pseudonym on the internet without ever actually having to follow up on any of the bluster and bravado.

I could not give a flying fuck who your employer is, I am only saying why are you not printing the truth about the lies told when celtic fans attacked celtic fans with knives in a pub before they are playing us yet it was Rangers fans some how ?  Who first claimed it was Rangers and why do you not challage the editors head on about the lies and prove your point with facts. 

Headhunted by Fuck ?  You can't even print the truth about a celtic fan who nearly died because of celtic another tarrier fan tried to slit his throat.   Now that's not a story is it ? Noticed how the story has died of death? Now imagine a Rangers fan did do it?   Do you think the story would have died of death them. 

Challange your boss by giving him difficult subject like this ,  Ask to run the story when it goes to court and peint the truth 

You are a journalist , not a football journalist but a journalist first and foremost and it's your job to tackle subjects like this.  

Just now, Copland bear said:

I could not give a flying fuck who your employer is, I am only saying why are you not printing the truth about the lies told when celtic fans attacked celtic fans with knives in a pub before they are playing us yet it was Rangers fans some how ?  Who first claimed it was Rangers and why do you not challage the editors head on about the lies and prove your point with facts. 

Headhunted by Fuck ?  You can't even print the truth about a celtic fan who nearly died because of celtic fan did it.  Noticed how the story has died of death? Now imagine a Rangers fan did do it?   Do you think the story would have died of death them. 

Challange your boss by giving him difficult subject like this ,  Ask to run the story when it goes to court and peint the truth 

You are a journalist , not a football journalist but a journalist first and foremost 

Tell me, where does a story about celtic fans fighting each other fit on a website called RangersNews.uk?

As I've said, if you don't like how someone reported something then make a complaint to IPSO. Me writing an article about it isn't going to change anything about it. See if youre shite at your job, I wouldn't go to someone who works somewhere else doing a similar job to complain or get them to do something abour.. 

So you don't care who employs me but know the are anti-Rangers bigots with an anti-Rangers agenda? Paranoid fucking nonsense mate. Seriously, it's fucking bonkers. 

Again, why would a website about Rangers cover the trial of a celtic fan accused of attacking a celtic fan? If a celtic website covered a story about Rangers fans fighting Rangers fans we'd rightly call it pathetic.

Just now, The Dude said:

Tell me, where does a story about celtic fans fighting each other fit on a website called RangersNews.uk?

As I've said, if you don't like how someone reported something then make a complaint to IPSO. Me writing an article about it isn't going to change anything about it. See if youre shite at your job, I wouldn't go to someone who works somewhere else doing a similar job to complain or get them to do something abour.. 

So you don't care who employs me but know the are anti-Rangers bigots with an anti-Rangers agenda? Paranoid fucking nonsense mate. Seriously, it's fucking bonkers. 

Again, why would a website about Rangers cover the trial of a celtic fan accused of attacking a celtic fan? If a celtic website covered a story about Rangers fans fighting Rangers fans we'd rightly call it pathetic.

Well if it Rangers news again why are not not printing we were not involved in the trouble before the match, and that it was actually all celtic fans fighting ?  Do you think the celtic view would say nothing if it was our fans and they got the blame ?  

As for covering the trail?  How about you just say that the attackers were celtic fans attacking other celtic fans and that the press printed lies ?   

As for celtic fans running what?   How about the BTC website ?   That was celtic fans leaking information and putting the boot into us illegally yet Fuck all happened

If you work for the Rangers news then start sticking up for the fans by printing the truth and challaging editors on their lies. 

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well if it Rangers news again why are not not printing we were not involved in the trouble before the match, and that it was actually all celtic fans fighting ?  Do you think the celtic view would say nothing if it was our fans and they got the blame ?  

As for covering the trail?  How about you just say that the attackers were celtic fans attacking other celtic fans and that the press printed lies ?   

As for celtic fans running what?   How about the BTC website ?   That was celtic fans leaking information and putting the boot into us illegally yet Fuck all happened

If you work for the Rangers news then start sticking up for the fans by printing the truth and challaging editors on their lies. 

Because 'Rangers fans do nothing' isnt particularly newsworthy. If you want to challenge 'lies' then contact IPSO. I dont know how clear that can be. 

Since you seemed to dodge it earlier, what have you done to challenge them? Greeting on here to me does fuck all. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because 'Rangers fans do nothing' isnt particularly newsworthy. If you want to challenge 'lies' then contact IPSO. I dont know how clear that can be. 

Since you seemed to dodge it earlier, what have you done to challenge them? Greeting on here to me does fuck all. 

They the media splattered all over the country that Rangers fans attacked celtic fans and as usual tried to make our name mud.

Amd a Rangers fan doing nothing is newsworthy as we saw at the last game at parkhead.  We are not even there and it's all over the papers and tv

As for challage ? I have called and  complained to editors numerous times, complained to snp, labour, BBC etc.

I do my bit , do you ? 

14 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

By definition if you don't believe in God and the Christ you cannot call yourself Christian, Protestant nor Catholic.

Plenty from the RC community who should now be regarded as atheist but without shame they play the anti Catholic card. 

2 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They the media splattered all over the country that Rangers fans attacked celtic fans and as usual tried to make our name mud.

Amd a Rangers fan doing nothing is newsworthy as we saw at the last game at parkhead.  We are not even there and it's all over the papers and tv

As for challage ? I have called and  complained to editors numerous times, complained to snp, labour, BBC etc.

I do my bit , do you ? 

Have you ever complained to IPSO? 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Have you ever complained to IPSO? 

Yes a couple of times way back, but again nothing, I had a long chat also with the sun editor over a year ago about the lack of child abuse coverage, he basically tried to tell me we were involved in it also and  the truth would come out.  Told him straight what he was for him to claim his bird supported Rangers,  I quickly replied no self respecting Rangers fan would be seen dead with him and he talking shite.  

It lies lies lies and an agenda against us as a club.  

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Yes a couple of times way back, but again nothing, I had a long chat also with the sun editor over a year ago about the lack of child abuse coverage, he basically tried to tell me we were involved in it also Amd the truth would come out.  Told him straight what he was for him to claim his bird supports Rangers,  I quickly replied no self respecting Rangers fan would be seen dead with him and he talking shite.  

It lies lies lie and an agenda against us as a club.  

Out of curiosity - do you thinks there's anyone in the Scottish media that doesn't have an agenda?

16 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Yes a couple of times way back, but again nothing, I had a long chat also with the sun editor over a year ago about the lack of child abuse coverage, he basically tried to tell me we were involved in it also and  the truth would come out.  Told him straight what he was for him to claim his bird supported Rangers,  I quickly replied no self respecting Rangers fan would be seen dead with him and he talking shite.  

It lies lies lies and an agenda against us as a club.  

I'm going to be totally honest here mate and say you sound like an absolutely paranoid fucking lunatic.

A lot of people are missing the point that the parades have been rerouted not because they pass a chapel but because ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ have threatened violence and the police say they are acting to avoid any violence. In recent times we’ve had 2 kids bottled rutherglen bluebell fb attacked,dalmarnock arms,Toby jug and wee Rangers club all attacked,major trouble in gallowgate,trongate and queen st areas of city on Saturday ,yet no condemnation from mps or media and no arrests that I have heard of. Priest spat on and there was a nationwide manhunt,Rangers fan threw a seat at Pittodrie and there were photos of the suspect everywhere except crimewatch, Go Compare!!

Archived