The Future: Nathan Young-Coombes

roboscot

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Rangers promote players above their age group constantly. 

Well hopefully Gerrard is true to his word and if they are good enough they will play. 

I think we would have seen some more of the youngsters this season if we could go out and get a comfortable lead against the lesser teams earlier on in matches.

NYC, McPake and Mebude all looked like they have enough talent to get into the first team in the near future. The only thing I would look for McPake and NYC to do is to bulk up a bit. NYC in particular would get shoved off the ball far too easily. He's still only young though, so hopefully his frame fills out naturally. I would love to see all 3 of them train with the first team to get them up to speed!! 

Him,McPake,Mebude,Kennedy and the boy with the long hair in midfield who came on in the Alkass cup final are all cracking players. Few others worth a mention as well. That's a quality young team we have,just hope one or 2 can make the step up.

2 hours ago, grant_rfc said:

Well hopefully Gerrard is true to his word and if they are good enough they will play. 

I think we would have seen some more of the youngsters this season if we could go out and get a comfortable lead against the lesser teams earlier on in matches.

He seems to be of the thinking that they need protected from them self, m just as much as they need the experience of playing and that’s why I think we haven’t seen as much of McCrorie or Middleton as some would like. 

A young lad can have all the talent in the world but to ask them to play a 50+ game season with all the pressure and physical toil that takes out if you, can be harmful for them when it gets to the other end of their career. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe mate, but we’ve been here time after time with our young players raising them up as the next big thing only for them to fall away. 

Not saying ready to be a consistent starter, but he looks physical enough and intelligent enough to be having a similar impact to Middleton’s this season. McPake was a class above any other player on the pitch on Thursday.

Also, young players always burst on the scene and then have a period finding their feet. Not just at Rangers. 

Confident he’ll make a breakthrough next season, might even see him towards end of the season depending on results.

15 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

McPake looked better than him yesterday but I don’t watch them often enough or know the age difference. Good header.

This boy was head and shoulders above them all, the way he just slowed the game down at times and just skipped past players was just class and he should be promoted up to the first  team squad full time now  and get him on the bench and give him game time as he can't be any worse than  Candias 

If your good enough you are old enough and he certainly looks the part 

If they are good enough then they are old enough, look at players like Rooney, sometimes the youngsters need a chance to progress at a higher level or they lose confidence and end up in the lower leagues. 

Nothing wrong with sticking them on the bench and giving them 20 or so minutes, young Middleton came on and absolutely changed the game against Villareal, I do agree a bad game at the top can knock their confidence but if they have the correct attitude then they will bounce back.