3 minutes ago, MidSussexBlue said:

He seemed to be about to say that the ref reacted to pressure from the crowd, suddenly realised there wasn't one, and changed it to pressure from the assistant refs.  Surely that's what they are there for.

Genuinely think his head is swirling due to the pressure that Rangers are putting on them and not just by the results but by the way we are playing within ourselves and he hasn’t a clue how to arrest his own teams poor form so is just clutching at straws in the hope that it applies pressure to referees in future fixtures to help get him out the shit.

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

They'll sack him if their holy grail is at stake. Can see them putting him on gardening leave if they start to drift further away.

Problem is the fixtures come thick and fast between now and New Year so for it to be successful it would either need to be someone who was already there or a selick man

Bluekev likes this
1 minute ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Genuinely think his head is swirling due to the pressure that Rangers are putting on them and not just by the results but by the way we are playing within ourselves and he hasn’t a clue how to arrest his own teams poor form so is just clutching at straws in the hope that it applies pressure to referees in future fixtures to help get him out the shit.

I agree.  His reaction is what I always thought it would be once he realised that their easy ride was over.

5 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

Problem is the fixtures come thick and fast between now and New Year so for it to be successful it would either need to be someone who was already there or a selick man

Lawwell will throw all the money at it. They cannot afford to fuck up this season. Get the highest profile manager they could get along with the best backroom team. They've spent pennies on the management for years and it's coming home to roost now.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not to put a dampener on things but lennon was like this in 2011 and he managed to salvage a draw away to killie then if memory serves me right, they went on a massive streak of wins that lasted until the split

Im counting fuck all until we actually win it, seen this movie too many times

Think we are all the same mate. Not getting to carried away but there is a million  percent something better about our squad this year to make us believe.

Just now, pollok-bear said:

Think we are all the same mate. Not getting to carried away but there is a million  percent something better about our squad this year to make us believe.

Its not our squad that's the worry, its the tarrier seige mentality, for some reason that rat has always managed to turn it around at some point, lets be honest their squad can wipe the floor with everyone bar us, and its still remains to be seen wether we have that grit mentality needed when someone pressures us

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not to put a dampener on things but lennon was like this in 2011 and he managed to salvage a draw away to killie then if memory serves me right, they went on a massive streak of wins that lasted until the split

Im counting fuck all until we actually win it, seen this movie too many times

I don't think we are heading into administration though....totally different circumstances now

esquire8 likes this
2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I don't think we are heading into administration though....totally different circumstances now

We collapsed before that though. There's various interviews with the players who said that day we were announcing it they were in shock. 

McCoist had us out of every competition including two European ones and the league before admin was confirmed.

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Same.

I think we are rightful favourite and I do think we will win the league, but we need to urge caution too. Fuck-all is won in October. 

I can see good foundations laid and we seem to be a different animal but Rangers and false dawns are like chips n cheese as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there's any issue in enjoying the moment though. Lennon is literally days away from going into meltdown mode. I'd rather he lost it and was sacked than stayed and possibly got it together, because, the type of manager they'd get would literally be someone like an Owen Coyle or Paul Lambert on an temp basis and Gerrard would wipe the floor (wipe the floor even more) with a Lambert or Coyle Celtic side.

I remember the last time I was singing "Sky is blue, grass is green, league is over by Halloween". 

We went into Admin in the February.

BookWorm and British_Empire like this
6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We collapsed before that though. There's various interviews with the players who said that day we were announcing it they were in shock. 

McCoist had us out of every competition including two European ones and the league before admin was confirmed.

I've just checked back on the week ending the 11th of February we had 63pts and the papes 62pts....we were deducted 10pts and subsequently lost to killie on the Saturday....too much was made of the 15pt lead....they played the next day and won which was back to 12 and they had a game in hand....clearly things weren't good behind the scenes by the time admin came round but the facts are clear we were still in a title race up until then

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I've just checked back on the week ending the 11th of February we had 63pts and the papes 62pts....we were deducted 10pts and subsequently lost to killie on the Saturday....too much was made of the 15pt lead....they played the next day and won which was back to 12 and they had a game in hand....clearly things weren't good behind the scenes by the time admin came round but the facts are clear we were still in a title race up until then

Under one of the worst managers in our history. Gerrard is well beyond the capabilities of anything McCoist achieved.

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Amdy Halliday called this on Superscore board a week or so ago.

the caller was trying to make the point that celtic haven't hit second gear and have dropped less points than us who were playing our best and dropped 4 points. Halliday replying That as soon as celtic started going to difficult fixtures or venues they'll start dropping point case and point us and away to aberdeen. 

so based on that unless celtic get their act together they could be dropping more points when they hit the road to Livingston, easter road and rugby park. also last season they only dropped points in 4 games last season, they've already dropped points in 3 this season and have conceded many more goals.

hopefully this continues but so long as Rangers keep the nut screwed and treat every game like a league final, we'll be just fine. Rugby park next week could be iffy but past that should be good. Especially since there isnt a winter break. 

Also that's to say we've been at our best. Think most of us can quite clearly say we have been quite a bit off our best. Cruising to wins and making them look simple.

25 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Same.

I think we are rightful favourite and I do think we will win the league, but we need to urge caution too. Fuck-all is won in October. 

I can see good foundations laid and we seem to be a different animal but Rangers and false dawns are like chips n cheese as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there's any issue in enjoying the moment though. Lennon is literally days away from going into meltdown mode. I'd rather he lost it and was sacked than stayed and possibly got it together, because, the type of manager they'd get would literally be someone like an Owen Coyle or Paul Lambert on an temp basis and Gerrard would wipe the floor (wipe the floor even more) with a Lambert or Coyle celtic side.

I can't see it being someone like that as much as I'd want it to be.

They should be looking at Eddie Howe, and if they were lucky enough to get him it would very much be game on.

Ayrblue1 likes this