Gaffer Has A Go At Grezda & Barisic

SonOfLuther

Gerrard  said “I’m not here to speak about individual players, but I’ve already spoken about Grezda and Barisic a while ago.

“Have I seen anything in the interim to show me they’ve taken it on board? Well, one’s been injured but have they played in the starting 11?

Not much, so that’s the answer to your question.

“You’ve got no chance, especially in this country, if your attitude isn’t bang on.

“If you’re not mentally strong, you get chewed up and spat out in this league.”

From the sun.

That's poor from Gerard in my opinion for two reasons.

1) You don't dis your own players to the press, you do it behind closed doors at Ibrox. 

2) Making those thoughts public will have a bad effect on any transfer value.

Also makes it difficult to turn situation around, and one other impression I get is there might now be some doubt whether it was his decision to sign them in first place ?

The croatians have downed tools (or are just shite) and at 4-5 million spent no wonder they're getting it tight.

Part of me wondered why is Barisic no playing then tries like fuck to play for Croatia then is back injured.

We shouldn't have poached them from a team of randoms (Osijek) but thats probably where we were at, at the time. *panic buy*

Back to the generic tried and tested get Rangers fans playing for us, who have a clue

Everyone knew what Gerrard was thinking. I'm fine with him going public. It's not like he didn't warn them. Gerrard only wants winners and fighters and he will get them firstly by weeding out the weak. Grezda is done. Barisic is on a slippery slope unless he changes his way in a hurry. 

40 minutes ago, CR3 said:

The croatians have downed tools (or are just shite) and at 4-5 million spent no wonder they're getting it tight.

Part of me wondered why is Barisic no playing then tries like fuck to play for Croatia then is back injured.

We shouldn't have poached them from a team of randoms (Osijek) but thats probably where we were at, at the time. *panic buy*

Back to the generic tried and tested get Rangers fans playing for us, who have a clue

Croatian? Ones Croatian, the other is Albanian. It's been said numerous times by Gerrard that the money spent on Barisic is nowhere near what has been reported. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

It was Grezda, Coulibaly & Lafferty with Halliday & Dorrans at 60 minutes.

get rid of all except Dorrans - tbf he's just coming back from injury - no excuse for the others 

Grezda seems to have a bad attitude, Coulibaly can go back to his loan club, Lafftery was a dreadful signing and Halliday can join Holt at Fleetwood or a club of that level. 

5 hours ago, tannerall said:

1) You don't dis your own players to the press, you do it behind closed doors at Ibrox. 

Also makes it difficult to turn situation around, and one other impression I get is there might now be some doubt whether it was his decision to sign them in first place ?

Maybe he’s been doing it behind closed doors all season and this is one last throw of the dice to try to make them step up?

As for their transfer value let’s be honest it will be pretty much non existent anyway, they’ve come here for a couple of million each, and seemingly failed in a league as poor as Scotland if we do want to get rid a big loss or even a payoff is probably the only way, so why not try anything possible to improve their form/attitude.

4 hours ago, CR3 said:

Your last sentence is a lot of pish. I was with you until then.

6 hours ago, tannerall said:

Praise in public criticise in private - always.

only thing is ‘it’s the fucking SUN’ so not sure it’ll be anything close to what he said. 😏

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

Praise in public criticise in private - always.

only thing is ‘it’s the fucking SUN’ so not sure it’ll be anything close to what he said. 😏

They've quoted him. I'm sure he will sue if he never said anything like that.....

The real cut and dry of these two is that it honestly seems like Barisic was signed off the back of his performances against us. I didn’t think we’d be that stupid.

And Grezda was signed just because he was Osijeks best player and recommended by Barisic? Surely not, probably the most unprofessional deals we’ve done in a while if any of that is true, I’d like to think it’s not.

We should’ve signed Bockaj. 

Barisic is the strangest of the two for me. By all accounts he’s been brilliant with Croatia, cunt looks as if he’d run through brick walls for them. I’ll never understand it. Compare his aggression to Katic and you’re honestly sitting scratching your head. Katic is the type of defender that would heeder concrete blocks for the badge.