Defoe v Morelos Stats

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂😂 neither has Mo 

Funny how it’s a daft comparison when it fucks up the hate campaign. 

I don’t hate Morelos, far from it, it’s hard to argue that he’s not our best player but it’s a team game, about the collective efforts of the players and we’ve shown in the last 4 games he’s not indispensable 

22 hours ago, Pure_Quality said:

Absolutely brutal reading these articles. See if you write long noncey pieces about xG, xDribbles and xG/90 and base how good a footballer is purely on these stats, it's probably a decent indication that in the real world you're a massive xVirgin that needs to go out and get their xHole. 

Aye the sports analysis departments at the biggest clubs in the world including our own must be kicking themselves for picking up such a bent profession that pays them top salaries and is used by the best managers in football

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Is the glass half full or half empty?

If Defoe scores as regularly as he has done his entire career (and his stats at Rangers so far are actually better than that) then we are in the same position or better.

He’s not our future. 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

It’s mental how quickly everybody has turned on Morelos. He’s still far and away our best player and our biggest financial asset too.

Exactly, but that is also the problem....he is both a massive asset and a massive liability on the pitch. 

When we played and beat the fenians at Ibrox last time, I counted 4 times where he niggled at someone and could have been carded.

It is this frustration about him that had fucked us off.

No one is denying his talent. It is his temper that is a fucking waste.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

I don’t hate Morelos, far from it, it’s hard to argue that he’s not our best player but it’s a team game, about the collective efforts of the players and we’ve shown in the last 4 games he’s not indispensable 

Maybe if we had changed system earlier and didn’t leave him hung out to dry for most of the 90 mins, he wouldn’t be so frustrated and feel he’s the only chance of the team getting a goal. 

We must be the only set of fans that stumble upon a real talent and the first thing we want to do us punt him because he has a bit of a temper. No wonder the taigs are laughing their way to a treble treble. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe if we had changed system earlier and didn’t leave him hung out to dry for most of the 90 mins, he wouldn’t be so frustrated and feel he’s the only chance of the team getting a goal. 

We must be the only set of fans that stumble upon a real talent and the first thing we want to do us punt him because he has a bit of a temper. No wonder the taigs are laughing their way to a treble treble. 

Five red cards is still some statistic.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We must be the only set of fans that stumble upon a real talent and the first thing we want to do us punt him because he has a bit of a temper.

Not many want to punt him for having a temper. 

Fans want him sold so we can make a serious return and hopefully reinvest.

If he continues to behave like this season next season he’ll be worth significantly less.

You don't change a winning team so Defoe starts for me, Morelos on the bench. 

Defoe allegedly interesting Sheffield Utd, tbh I'd let Bournemouth take him back and punt him. I like him but if Morelos is sold we need someone more physical for a whole season in Scotland, despite Defoe's goals. 

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wouldn’t know a fact if it booted you in the baws. 

Heres a fact top goal scorer in the league, best player by a country mile. 

So you can guarantee he's a good player, nobody's questioning that , pity you can't guarantee 90 mins . 

After today's press conference, it got me thinking a bit, for the first time I think it is time to sell Morelos. I never thought I would say that. We need the transfer fee money to go out and get two huge signings. And now that it has all but been confirmed that Defoe starts on Sunday, his moping wee face on the bench will want him away. I think his time is up. If that is the case then we better be in for a player like Gray because Defoe ain't the answer. 

Interested to read this. Stats are a useful tool and I'm sure Gerrard and Co will be taking all of that into account. I appreciate not everyone will be interested, but if you are raging about this thread you probably need to take a look at yourself, just don't read it. 

4 hours ago, beararse said:

Not many want to punt him for having a temper. 

Fans want him sold so we can make a serious return and hopefully reinvest.

If he continues to behave like this season next season he’ll be worth significantly less.

He’ll be worth less if he’s benched for the last games, digs in his heels and wants away. 

Ive said it before no one will give a shit about the reds all they see is 29 goals a season. They will look at his time every where else and see no problem with reds and yellows. 

He’ll be worth less if he’s benched for the last games, digs in his heels and wants away. 

Ive said it before no one will give a shit about the reds all they see is 29 goals a season. They will look at his time every where else and see no problem with reds and yellows. 

I agree with this. You can teach how to discipline, you can't teach natural goal instincts.

I’ve ignored you for a good wee while dickhead, so just ignore me ok. 

Very understandable stance to take in a feud.

But

If admin could create some sort of celebrity death match thread scenario for the greater good of the forum then this would be great. Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Taigs have done a real job on you. 

Swallowed the whole narrative hook line and sinker. 

Can you ever make a point in a civilised manner 🤣. There was no taig holding my hand when I watched Morelos get a red v sheep at Ibrox for lifting his hand to Shinnie who'd only breathed on him, neither was there one holding my hand when he lifted his hands to Broon for next to nothing , that was the final straw for me. We must cash in and let some other club rehabilitate him. The internet is a wonderful tool m8 , you'll still be able to follow him when he leaves, you can even join his fan club.

57 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I’ve ignored you for a good wee while dickhead, so just ignore me ok. 

I never noticed, to be honest keep on ignoring me if this is the level of your responses.:facepalm:

Just now, CoopsLaud said:

Smile and cb slugging it out here!

Hardly slugging he's a daft wee kid who bubbles through every Morelos thread like a jilted burd, everyone's a taig who dares mention anything against Morelos he seems to have lost any sense of reality.