Press Conference : Gerrard and Arfield

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

What we have to remember is Josh Windass didn't want to leave either the club accepted a bid for him and he was gone.

Fair play you don't miss a chance to moan about something, i think you will find windass wanted to go as soon as he was told he wasn't getting a guaranteed starting spot!!

10 minutes ago, mus said:

Fair play you don't miss a chance to moan about something, i think you will find windass wanted to go as soon as he was told he wasn't getting a guaranteed starting spot!!

It's an observation. you have got not getting a starting spot wrong he wanted to be our no1 striker. Gerrard raved about Windass.

32 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He was never going to be our number 1 striker. He can't even get there for Wigan :lol:

That's what he wanted to be though or was mentioned at the time, let's face it is it tough in this league to be top goal scorer in the Spfl Kris Boyd was it last season.

You can see why he thought well of himself he scored a lot more goals than anyone thought he would even scored against the filth.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I was absolutely delighted when Windass left 

As was I at the time I never rated him much but he did have a high rating of himself he did do better than I thought possible for him.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

What we have to remember is Josh Windass didn't want to leave either the club accepted a bid for him and he was gone.

Windass said in an interview that he wanted to leave because the club accepted the bid and that he was offered to stay

24 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

"I'll always be loyal to players " , what happened to loyalty after the scum game at ibrox?

Wasn't there 3 weeks between that and the next game? That's a long time just to rely on loyalty and not what happens during that period.

8 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

Windass said in an interview that he wanted to leave because the club accepted the bid and that he was offered to stay

He wanted to play as a striker was all over the papers at the time.

Gerrard: 

“Josh wants to be a number nine every game for Rangers and I couldn’t guarantee that. I could guarantee him football matches but maybe in different positions and formations.

“Maybe Wigan boss Paul Cook said he could be number nine every week and that may have triggered his decision.

“Josh is a good boy and we got on well, but he wanted to speak and I don’t want to stand in his way if that’s what he wants.”

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-reveals-josh-windass-13059524

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

He wanted to play as a striker was all over the papers at the time.

Gerrard: 

“Josh wants to be a number nine every game for Rangers and I couldn’t guarantee that. I could guarantee him football matches but maybe in different positions and formations.

“Maybe Wigan boss Paul Cook said he could be number nine every week and that may have triggered his decision.

“Josh is a good boy and we got on well, but he wanted to speak and I don’t want to stand in his way if that’s what he wants.”

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/steven-gerrard-reveals-josh-windass-13059524

How does the piece in bold equate to "he did want to leave" but he wanted to speak to Wigan, surely it can only be one or the other?