Press Conference : Gerrard and Arfield

1 minute ago, mus said:

How does the piece in bold equate to "he did want to leave" but he wanted to speak to Wigan, surely it can only be one or the other?

He said at the time he did not want to leave but when the club accepted the money he knew it was time to go, I think it was in a Simon ferry interview, or I've read it somewhere.  

He also wanted to be our no1 striker as the interview stated. The board obviously wanted the money as well allowing him to speak to Wigan.

This is the thread for me well done mate.

Gerrard seems intent on keeping Arfield but will be a board decision as money talks, he will stay loyal to Defoe and jake Hastie will be an integral part of the team if he impresses in pre-season.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

As was I at the time I never rated him much but he did have a high rating of himself he did do better than I thought possible for him.

In what way did he do better than you thought possible of him? He regularly did nothing in most games and then every now and again would perform for a couple of weeks allowing some in the support to think he was a world beater and now he's at Wigan and nobody ever hears from him 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

In what way did he do better than you thought possible of him? He regularly did nothing in most games and then every now and again would perform for a couple of weeks allowing some in the support to think he was a world beater and now he's at Wigan and nobody ever hears from him 

Scored twelve goals in the league (18) overall which I never thought was possible from him.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Scored twelve goals in the league which I never thought was possible from him.

What's your point, they're not amazing stats for a forward player, especially in Scotland.

Also he did leave himself, not sure where you've gotten your information from. He got a phone call about Wigan, told us about it and then when he wasn't promised the number 9 spot he decided to leave. 

“It wasn’t an easy decision to make, to be honest, because I’ve been playing a lot at Rangers.

“But I spoke to the manager when I got the call and I felt the best thing was to come here to try and prove myself and get this team up the league.”

He added: “I’ve played against the manager’s teams a few times when I was at Accrington.

“I know a couple of the backroom staff here, so it was a no-brainer for me.

“I know a couple of the lads too, having played against them so it’s a good squad. I am looking forward to it.”

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What's your point, they're not amazing stats for a forward player, especially in Scotland.

Also he did leave himself, not sure where you've gotten your information from. He got a phone call about Wigan, told us about it and then when he wasn't promised the number 9 spot he decided to leave. 

How is it not he was mostly playing on the wing, 18 goals is amazing stats for Windass.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I seem to remember most of his goals not coming from the wing 

It was amazing stats from Windass something I thought he could not possibly achieve if you think differently fair enough.

2 hours ago, mus said:

Fair play you don't miss a chance to moan about something, i think you will find windass wanted to go as soon as he was told he wasn't getting a guaranteed starting spot!!

I agree mate. 

But the 1/2 hearted attitude of Windass (&his dad) was never going to fit in with Ibrox and SG. 

20 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

I agree mate. 

But the 1/2 hearted attitude of Windass (&his dad) was never going to fit in with Ibrox and SG. 

Exactly right, the amount of times he would run round the back of a player so as not have to make a tackle drove me mental!!

2 hours ago, Smile said:

That's what he wanted to be though or was mentioned at the time, let's face it is it tough in this league to be top goal scorer in the Spfl Kris Boyd was it last season.

You can see why he thought well of himself he scored a lot more goals than anyone thought he would even scored against the filth.

Hence we have Lafferty due to one goal against the scum.

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Was his not actually an own goal? I seem to have some sort of memory of not thinking he scored it 

Edit: nope was his goal, obviously just dont want to credit him with anything ever :lol:

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Lafferty had four in five against the scum I'm sure when we signed him, we signed him as he was playing well for Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Lafferty had four in five against the scum I'm sure when we signed him, we signed him as he was playing well for Hearts.

Should never have signed him again at all and nobody can convince me he can head a ball worth a damn as he ducks under more than I could give him credit for.

Just now, Malvern said:

Should never have signed him again at all and nobody can convince me he can head a ball worth a damn as he ducks under more than I could give him credit for.

He's always done that weird bending forward while jumping with his arms sticking out the back thing as if he's trying to fly 

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

So now we never signed him because he scored one goal as you mentioned previously?