Who’s Our Biggest Signing Since Gazza?

Dado Prso easily. 

My first proper hero even after watching the likes of Albertz, Gio, Mols, De Boer etc under Advocaat.

The big man came from Croatia and instantly took to the club and fans like few before or after him, honestly love the big man if I ever met him outside Ibrox for an autograph my heart would melt :love:

59 minutes ago, The Dude said:

R de Boer

A lot of players who joined us were relatively unknown on a global scale but then went onto have great careers with us and/or others. We've also signed some big names in the twilight of their careers.

De Boer however is arguably the only one who was a global name, had the pedigree, was proven at an elite level domestically, in Europe and internationally, and still had a good bit left to offer in his career. Not quite his peak but imo all things considered it would have to be him.

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

A lot of players who joined us were relatively unknown on a global scale but then went onto have great careers with us and/or others. We've also signed some big names in the twilight of their careers.

De Boer however is arguably the only one who was a global name, had the pedigree, was proven at an elite level domestically, in Europe and internationally, and still had a good bit left to offer in his career. Not quite his peak but imo all things considered it would have to be him.

Trever Steven, Gary Stevens, Ray Wilkins & Chris Woods were all English capped when they came to us so recognized throughout the world. But I agree R De Boer was the biggest.

Ian Black was a real coup at the time.  He just had a tremendous season with Hearts and was nominated for Scotland’s POTY award.  His performance in the Scottish Cup final was phenomenal.  Bringing a player of that calibre to the 3rd division was incredible.  I still remember chants of “no surrender, Ian Black”.  The way he would float in corners was sublime.

RDB for me too. Proven European, if not World, class and with Barcelona. We'd previously signed the Dutch left back but Numan didn't have the global recognition that RDB had. The way football is now, we will never see the likes of this ever again.