Who’s Our Biggest Signing Since Gazza?

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The more I think about this Ronald de Boer was probably our biggest signing ever, let alone since Gazza, alongside Souness.

Bigger than Gascoigne and Laudrup in terms of their stature in the game and what they had achieved in their career.

Fair point.

25 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I funnily enough never really thought about it being De Boer.

I was at the age were I didn't fully appreciate how big a name he was, but I suppose he could be our biggest signing ever

That would be a good thread tbf. Signing the England captain must be up there in that debate. 

1 hour ago, Strathaven_Loyal said:

I’d maybe throw Klos in there as a shout. He was a year removed from lifting the Champions League with Dortmund. 

So was Basile Boli.  He even scored the winning goal in the final.  What a disappointing signing that turned out to be.

44 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I funnily enough never really thought about it being De Boer.

I was at the age were I didn't fully appreciate how big a name he was, but I suppose he could be our biggest signing ever. 

I’m kind of the same mate. I fell out of football for about 18 months or so at that age and I always assumed we signed De Boer at 31/32 after a number of years at Barca as he was on the wind down. I didn’t realise he was still at the tail end of his peak, had only moved to Barca a year or so before that and still had elite clubs after him.