Who’s Our Biggest Signing Since Gazza?

1 minute ago, lidorfc said:

R. De Bour was the first name the popped into my head, could have joined Man U, joined the best club in the world instead, standard.

Aye a think that's pretty much the right answer mate. 

No seen you around these streets lately, hope all good in the hood ya mad chemist 

If managers count I'd say Steven Gerrard. Even though there is a minority that aren't fans it must be said he  has galvinised the club and made us a serious club again. 

Rarely have we seen since Gascoigne people turning up to a signing reveal like we did last May. The manager like Gascoigne is larger than life and has turned eyes on our club that no one man since Gascoigne has done.

If not the manager then I'd say Ronald de Boer.

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Aye a think that's pretty much the right answer mate. 

No seen you around these streets lately, hope all good in the hood ya mad chemist 

Prick, quoting me before I noticed I mispelled De Boer :lol: 

Aye all's good bro, just busy with uni n work! finished up the day thank fuck.

2 hours ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Boumsong was a cracker of a signing. Beat Liverpool and other big teams in Europe to get him on a free.

Aye with hindsight his career didn’t pan out the way it should but at the time him and Mexes were considered the best 2 young defenders in Europe. I was mad into football at the time, used to buy World Soccer every month and kept up with all the major leagues and I remember being absolutely shocked we’d managed to sign him. 

We were signing good players then but I remember being staggered we signed de Boer from Barcelona. 

Even now, thinking of us taking a player from Barcelona to us is bizarre. Like Gerrard going and signing Rakitic or something. 

2 hours ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Boumsong was a cracker of a signing. Beat Liverpool and other big teams in Europe to get him on a free.

Did not have the stature in the game of de Boer. 

I know it was before gazza but always thought it was fucking mental that we managed to sign terry butcher. Anyone that was alive at the time able to offer some insight? I’m only 19 so it seems crazy to me we signed the England captain. Imagine us signing Harry Kane now. 

2 minutes ago, Teddybear123 said:

I know it was before gazza but always thought it was fucking mental that we managed to sign terry butcher. Anyone that was alive at the time able to offer some insight? I’m only 19 so it seems crazy to me we signed the England captain. Imagine us signing Harry Kane now. 

Pretty sure English teams were banned from Europe at the time so we managed to sign a few internationals. Also coupled with the fact that we are the biggest show in town.

Just now, Teddybear123 said:

Heysel stadium tragedy barred Englush clubs from Europe. We were paying the big bucks and could offer Europe, so it was easier then.

Imagine now, we could offer wages of £200k per week plus champions league and no English clubs were in Europe. We'd be deciding whether we wanted Kane or Vardy or Salah 😂

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Heysel stadium tragedy barred Englush clubs from Europe. We were paying the big bucks and could offer Europe, so it was easier then.

Imagine now, we could offer wages of £200k per week plus champions league and no English clubs were in Europe. We'd be deciding whether we wanted Kane or Vardy or Salah 😂

6 minutes ago, northern bear said:

Pretty sure English teams were banned from Europe at the time so we managed to sign a few internationals. Also coupled with the fact that we are the biggest show in town.

How times change😂 was it still a surprise we were able to get him though?