Alex Miller “journalist”

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I have yet to hear any journalist portray the Rangers story with the admiration it deserves. We have been kicked from pillar to post, fined indiscriminately from the so called govern bodies both SFA and governmental. I suspect only a handful of football teams in the world would of survived that yet all these arseholes in Scotland can write is so called “satire “shite like that. Any other country would be in admiration of the level into which our club has managed to fight back to where we’re now at.

Aye, out of the thousands of articles written about Rangers every week, they're ALL like that.

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Show me one in admiration to where we’re now at considering where we were?

https://www.rangersnews.uk/author/james-black/

Not sure if it'll give you them all but there's about 700-odd Rangers articles written by me in there since January. I'm sure you'll find a few in there.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I've noticed folk always tend to find that when it's aimed at their club.

But it is awful. There isn't a hint of satire in it. Can you point to any? Is there anything balanced about it? Is there anything that can be said to be a fair point in it? It reads as a please-the-green-and-grey-hordes piece yet again courtesy of a certain rhag.

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not sure if it'll give you them all but there's about 700-odd Rangers articles written by me in there since January. I'm sure you'll find a few in there.

:lol: Rangers supporting journalist writes pro-Rangers pieces on Rangers fan website shocker - will be picked up as an exclusive by a few tabloids over the next few days.

Is anyone outside of this group of one so far writing anything consistently not anti-Rangers?

1 minute ago, Bears said:

:lol: Rangers supporting journalist writes pro-Rangers pieces on Rangers fan website shocker - will be picked up as an exclusive by a few tabloids over the next few days.

Is anyone outside of this group of one so far writing anything consistently not anti-Rangers.

Not a Rangers fan website. Its a Rangers news website. Fan sites dont tend to have full-time staff and be owned by a media company. 

Lots of people are writing stuff that isnt anti-Rangers. The problem is that folk call anything that they disagree with now as anti-Rangers. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Not a Rangers fan website. Its a Rangers news website. Fan sites dont tend to have full-time staff and be owned by a media company. 

Lots of people are writing stuff that isnt anti-Rangers. The problem is that folk call anything that they disagree with now as anti-Rangers. 

I disagree with that piece AS it’s ant-Rangers and there is not one bit of satire in it.

stop talking bollox.

"Journalist writes criticising piece on Rangers shocker".  They simply pander to the haters (haters gotta hate) and I don't really care as, when we finally do get 55, it will make it much much sweeter to rub it in and they know it. 

In some respects, I do wish we'd stop giving ridiculous soundbytes to help fan the flames. 

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That stories a blight to every journalist because that’s the  narrative they allow to be told in our country. Not many football teams would of survived what Rangers did, it’s a story that is built on admiration but how do you think you’ll get on trying to write that piece?  The media in our country is a joke built on jealousy and greed for cheap clicks!

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

Eh? Where is the satire in this? Is that he is mimicking the MSM by being full of Rangers hatred?

What makes you think its an attempt at satire, has he told you this?

My Satire radar is picking up nothing.... this is just a "Rangers should know their place" type article

I agree.  The article is gross as a supposed satirical effort.   So gross as to be devoid of any reasonable interpretation of satire and more akin to someone trying to shovel as much anti-Rangers propaganda shit out as they can under the label of supposedly being satirical journalism.  

A state of satori-like enlightenment should help to sweep away these sorts of anti-Rangers articles.   That should happen when we achieve 55 league titles sometime very soon, at which point his pathetic attempt at satire will look even more irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye, he's missed the mark with this one although I do think most of his stuff is pretty decent. This one just feels like someone had a deadline to meet and was struggling for something.

He could have saved paper space by just putting "FUCK SEVCO AND THE OO!"

Would have been the same narative.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Out of 2 my replies to you making several points, that is what you respond with? Sorry, pal, a Rangers news website it is then. Just to be clear, though, are the 3-4 guys who produce news articles on it fans of Rangers or not?

I asked you if there's anyone CONSISTENTLY not anti-Rangers. I'm not talking about fair and balanced criticism. I mean the stuff that journalists in the SMSM feel they have to write with a slant, or just expose themselves as either biased themselves or happy to be so to further their careers. So is there anyone in your opinion in the SMSM who is able to do this? Feel free to deflect again if you think answering might damage your own career.

Just now, Bears said:

Out of 2 my replies to you making several points, that is what you respond with? Sorry, pal, a Rangers news website it is then. Just to be clear, though, are the 3-4 guys who produce news articles on it fans of Rangers or not?

I asked you if there's anyone CONSISTENTLY not anti-Rangers. I'm not talking about fair and balanced criticism. I mean the stuff that journalists in the SMSM feel they have to write with a slant, or just expose themselves as either biased themselves or happy to be so to further their careers. So is there anyone in your opinion in the SMSM who is able to do this? Feel free to deflect again if you think answering might damage your own career.

Of the current guys, yes. Previous staff haven't all been Rangers fans. The guy i replaced at the start of the year wasn't.

Most are writing stuff this is consistently not anti-Rangers. Who do you think is consistently writing anti-Rangers stuff?