Steven Gerrard warns Rangers flops they’ll be bombed out

Ace

HARDLINE Steven Gerrard has told his Rangers duds they’ll be bombed out if they won’t move on in the summer.

Gerrard aims to hold talks with contracted players he wants OUT of the club.

And that could see the likes of Kyle Lafferty, Borna Barisic and Eros Grezda being shown the door after failing to impress.

Gerrard knows they could sit tight and see out their deals — but warned they’ll be frozen out of his top-team plans.

He said: “It’s not a problem for me.

“Of course, in an ideal situation they’ll go and find the right club to make them happy and get to play football.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4203811/steven-gerrard-warns-Rangers-flops-bombed-out-squad/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1557005754

Just now, Tommy WATP said:

While I understand his thinking it’s a conversation that doesn’t need to be made public. Devalues the player when it comes to negotiating fees etc

In fairness no cunts paying top dollar for any one of the cunts we want shot of regardless of what Gerrard says or doesn’t. It’s hard enough to get true value for any player playing in Scotland let alone an under performing one. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

What an interesting story.

Delighted that it’s so easy to get rid of the duds that we’ve signed.

Aye mate, it’s been that easy over the last five seasons we’re still contracted to dodoo ffs 😂

47 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Aye mate, it’s been that easy over the last five seasons we’re still contracted to dodoo ffs 😂

The thing is, the three players mentioned were all supposedly signed by Gerrard. We can’t afford , in so many aspects, for this to happen next season.

I could see Lafferty sitting tight and taking a paycheck but Barasic and Grezda are still relatively young and may not want to ruin their careers and may well want to get the hell out of dodge, and there is also still another load of deadwood to get rid of.

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

What an interesting story.

Delighted that it’s so easy to get rid of the duds that we’ve signed.

He didn't say it was easy at all to get rid of. He said if they want to hang around that's their choice but they won't be around the first team. Basically saying, if you like football then you will go and find a team. This is twice in a week he has called them out publically ( they know who they are ) and I love it!

7 hours ago, Ace said:

HARDLINE Steven Gerrard has told his Rangers duds they’ll be bombed out if they won’t move on in the summer.

Gerrard aims to hold talks with contracted players he wants OUT of the club.

And that could see the likes of Kyle Lafferty, Borna Barisic and Eros Grezda being shown the door after failing to impress.

Gerrard knows they could sit tight and see out their deals — but warned they’ll be frozen out of his top-team plans.

He said: “It’s not a problem for me.

“Of course, in an ideal situation they’ll go and find the right club to make them happy and get to play football.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4203811/steven-gerrard-warns-Rangers-flops-bombed-out-squad/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1557005754

Why dont  you copy paste full articles? 

30 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Will you be bombed out Gerrard ,if you sign more duds like Lafferty etc ?

I'd imagine not if he builds on the obvious progress from this season, continues to develop players with their values then soaring, and has more success than failure in the transfer market.  Given he now knows the league, our squad including areas of weakness, and the market we're in then there's more chance of him doing even better in the transfer market than when he'd  next to no knowledge of it.

If these statements are true and indeed  made by SG, they show an alarming lack of man management skills, PR too.

When  I see these I wonder if he is hinting that the players slated..were not his choices or signings, would be strange for him to be calling his own judgement into question so publicly 🤔

5 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

I could see Lafferty sitting tight and taking a paycheck but Barasic and Grezda are still relatively young and may not want to ruin their careers and may well want to get the hell out of dodge, and there is also still another load of deadwood to get rid of.

Both in their international teams  too so doubt they would want to fuck that.

10 minutes ago, backup said:

If these statements are true and indeed  made by SG, they show an alarming lack of man management skills, PR too.

When  I see these I wonder if he is hinting that the players slated..were not his choices or signings, would be strange for him to be calling his own judgement into question so publicly 🤔

Which statements?

8 hours ago, Tommy WATP said:

While I understand his thinking it’s a conversation that doesn’t need to be made public. Devalues the player when it comes to negotiating fees etc

I don’t think you have to worry about that.

The club will have told the agents what we see is an acceptable fee, nobody is coming in bidding 30% less because of a newspaper story.

I’m not sure we’ll lose out on too much money either as I’d be amazed if Barisic or Grezda have played enough games to trigger the clauses to make up the full transfer fee.

We need a skip at Ibrox every season for the duds, this is expensive and the homework on potential signings does not appear to be forensic enough as we seem to have a much higher % of players not made of the right stuff to cut it.

6 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

It happens with all managers.

If about 50% of signings work out, then you are doing okay.

This - There are quotes from Alex Ferguson saying exactly that.