What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

48 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

You should consider that the Islamic community make up a large part of the surrounding area of Ibrox, and that the beginning of Ramadan is a major religious event for them.

Maybe part of the broader community engagement as part of the work around getting a fanzone?

Doesnt make any difference to me tbh

I’m not really a massive lover of invisible men regardless of what flavour they are.

Although I’m not a massive fan of hand wringing, pandering cunts either.

Live and let live is a dying game.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Thats because what youre referring to isnt a religious holiday or a religion in its own right. So that's probably why the club wont acknowledge it. 

Okay you got me there with it not being a religious holiday publicly. 

It wasn't always like that though. I remember my uncle mentioning it being celebrated before the DM years as well. Perhaps older bears can confirm? 

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Okay you got me there with it not being a religious holiday publicly. 

It wasn't always like that though. I remember my uncle mentioning it being celebrated before the DM years as well. Perhaps older bears can confirm? 

Its never been a religious holiday though. Whether the club celebrated it 40 years ago is irrelvant to it being acknowledged in 2019 alongside major religious festivals. If we're celebrating battles then Bannockburn or Stirling Bridge would be just as relevant as the Boyne. 

6 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

You’ve totally lost me. 

The 12th is the anniversary of a battle. Not a religious festival. 

This whole thread is weird. 

It was an attempt at a few cheap likes by the OP , she didn't expect anyone to point out she obv didn't understand what she was talking about 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its never been a religious holiday though. Whether the club celebrated it 40 years ago is irrelvant to it being acknowledged in 2019 alongside major religious festivals. If we're celebrating battles then Bannockburn or Stirling Bridge would be just as relevant as the Boyne. 

It is a holiday in Northern Ireland is it not? Most calendars have it marked as one.

6 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

It is a holiday in Northern Ireland is it not? Most calendars have it marked as one.

But unfortunately he's right that it isn't acknowledged as a religious one to everyone outside Northern Ireland. 

Had a massive brain fart on that debate. 

However still say that if they are going to mark this one, they will have to now acknowledge ALL Religious holidays which just won't happen. 

Still would like to see 12th July acknowledged as well to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

But unfortunately he's right that it isn't acknowledged as a religious one to everyone outside Northern Ireland. 

Had a massive brain fart on that debate. 

However still say that if they are going to mark this one, they will have to now acknowledge ALL Religious holidays which just won't happen. 

Still would like to see 12th July acknowledged as well to be honest. 

Why does acknowledging one of the biggest religious festivals mean they have to acknowledge ALL religious festivals? That doesn't make a shred of sense.

Why would they acknowledge the 12th over, say D-Day or the Somme, for any reason other than to pander to people?