What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

Just now, The Dude said:

Why does acknowledging one of the biggest religious festivals mean they have to acknowledge ALL religious festivals? That doesn't make a shred of sense.

Why would they acknowledge the 12th over, say D-Day or the Somme, for any reason other than to pander to people?

Really? 

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Yawn. 

Just showing you an SLO tweet. 

It's a parody twitter account....

You have to be on the wind up, you can't be this dense.

2 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I wasn't sure tbh,  just remember seeing it marked as a holiday on calendars

Aye, it's a public in NI because of the cultural significance of it, much like May Day etc but it's not actually celebrated by any branch of the church (other than localised events)

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Really. Tell me what relevance a battle 320 years ago has over one that took place 100 years ago and involved not only fans of the club but players and staff. 

I am not even going to carry on responding. Your doing a fine job. 👍

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

This is the most important month of the year for followers of the 2nd biggest religion in the world. It's absolutely correct for the club to make a gesture like this to reach out to current and potential fans. If you scroll through the Twitter thread you will see a number of random Africans and Arabs commenting. That kind of PR for the club can only be a good thing. 

I agree, the club should be acknowledging it, as it should all major religions events.

Im sure they posted something for the light festival too.

I agree with STG that the club should acknowledge the 12th of July too based on many years of fans from northern Ireland traveling over and many fans in Scotland having an association with it whether it be through friends, family etc.

Sadly the society we live in its almost frowned upon to be associated with the orange order which is why the club would never mention it.

Good luck with your fasting.