What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Pretty sure Gerrard definitely isn't a Muslim 

Good one :). I was just trying to say we are more of a global club now under our current manager and perhaps that is why we did it. Anyway, I don't see it as an issue.

2 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

The amount of threads in here with cunts raging about stuff I don't give a flying fuck about :lol:.

Yet you felt the need to post about how little a fuck you give.

Just now, Bears r us said:

Not read this thread mate so have no idea what is going on. :thumbsup:

I didn't want to link you to the post because it was racist and I didn't want people thinking that was why.

Basically STG had been caught out with your sunglasses Wearing SLO friend. Set me off laughing again after your encounter with him😂

4 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I didn't want to link you to the post because it was racist and I didn't want people thinking that was why.

Basically STG had been caught out with your sunglasses Wearing SLO friend. Set me off laughing again after your encounter with him😂

Ffs poor @Sweettartangirlthat guy has a lot to answer for. :anger::lol:

2 hours ago, philiprfc said:

You should consider that the Islamic community make up a large part of the surrounding area of Ibrox, and that the beginning of Ramadan is a major religious event for them.

Aye and didn't our first minister plan it for her own area or was it just by chance that happened?

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Good one :). I was just trying to say we are more of a global club now under our current manager and perhaps that is why we did it. Anyway, I don't see it as an issue.

We have always been a global club mate, Gerrard may have brought some attention bit most would have already known about Rangers

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

A very warming gesture from the club.

Apart from us taigophobes, I wish others would keep their prejudices to themselves.

:mutley:

Maybe we should send out messages for Saint Patricks day, the Brighton Bombing, Lord Luchan's demise, Manchester shopping center and the Bloody Sunday event as well, just to be all inclusive and that.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

This is the most important month of the year for followers of the 2nd biggest religion in the world. It's absolutely correct for the club to make a gesture like this to reach out to current and potential fans. If you scroll through the Twitter thread you will see a number of random Africans and Arabs commenting. That kind of PR for the club can only be a good thing. 

I'm fortunate to work with a few females who constantly bring in amazing grub for me. So I'm going to have to partly join in with the "fasting". 😅

Roll on 4th of June and Eid al-Fitr.:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Yes I did, how else would I let people know that I didn't give a fuck?, strange little internet pervert mongo. 

Im offended! My mate @born a blue nose is an internet pervert and I want to prove that im a good person by being offended on his behalf so cut it out!

11 minutes ago, shaka said:

As a Muslim, I really appreciate the club doing this.

Ignore the dregs on social media.

Most will wish folk well regardless of their belief. Despite myself not caring for any religion and not seeing the appeal either if folk genuinely believe in all that and they get something out of it then fair enough. 

22 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I saw something reported the other day that the EPL are banning champagne from being used to celebrate league winners. Pandering twats.

Yeah and I’ll bet it’s not the Muslim players who are asking for this. Too many virtue signallers wanting to be offended on behalf of other people imo

I don’t necessarily think that the club should be involving themselves with any kind of religious message regardless of what it is. 

Secondly, some of the narrow minded shite I’ve read on here is laughable. I remember a guy I knew posting something abusive towards Muslims on social media. Turns out after I questioned him it was actually a Muslim doctor that had saved his life a couple of months prior when he’d suffered a stroke.

26 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

I saw something reported the other day that the EPL are banning champagne from being used to celebrate league winners. Pandering twats.

They stopped using it for MotM years ago. Nobody seemed to notice. 

Good gesture. There's some people that should know better than to be butt hurt over this. It's like angry engages before reason does.

People act like positive publicity and being seen as open to all isn't a good thing. Acknowledging Christmas and Ramadan makes sense. No wonder the tims win the propaganda war.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They stopped using it for MotM years ago. Nobody seemed to notice. 

This was noticed because they made a point of announcing it and their reasons. As I said, virtue signalling 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

This was noticed because they made a point of announcing it and their reasons. As I said, virtue signalling 

Funny then that from their reasons given that other bits have been missed out. Not really virtue-signalling as much as common-sense. Of the footballers I know, probably half don't drink at all now

"Some players are also tee-total and under the legal age to consume alcohol, further considerations for the FA.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6952189/FA-scrap-tradition-awarding-case-champagne-FA-Cup-winners.html