Colt teams potentially into SPFL??

Ace

The Scottish Championship could be a 12-team league for the 2020-21 season under a potential league shake-up.

Prolonged talks have taken place between Scottish Professional Football League clubs over expanding the Scottish second tier by two teams.

Discussed proposals include adding two colts team to make a 44-club pyramid or merging Leagues One and Two.

The set-up could result in Championship sides playing each other four times across 44 games per season.

It is understood discussions have taken place and that, if agreed at this season's SPFL annual meeting, new measures could be in place in just over a year's time.

The current system has been in place for six years.

To facilitate a potential change to the structure of the Scottish game, options that are being considered include:

No relegation from next season's Championship, with the top two teams in League One receiving automatic promotion.

Retaining Leagues One and Two in their current format with one club from the Highland League and one from the Lowland League entering.

Introducing two colt teams from Premiership clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48179898

Which 2 colt teams. Thats the problem .If its only us and the taigs would enough vote it through. 

I would suggest 2 colt teams with th3 possibilty of relegation for one of them to allow any top league club have the opportunity too 

I know the reasons for it and why it would be good for us but I always cringe when I hear this being talked about.

Just a personal thing of course but, there’s only one Rangers team in the leagues and that’s the way I would like to keep it.

Yes there are youth and reserve sides but they don’t actually play real competitive league football and although they can put things in place to prevent the colt sides from getting promoted etc it still doesn’t sit right with me.

We already dominate this shite league with the scum, are we going to start dominating another teir? Then another? Rediculous to think the 3rd placed side will gain promotion year in year out. 

Just my opinion like I said, I just personally don’t like the idea.

Where the majority of lower league teams not adamantly against this recently introducing colt teams?

having teams play 44 league games along with all the potential cup games including challenge cup could result in 50 plus games for a lot of teams

7 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I know the reasons for it and why it would be good for us but I always cringe when I hear this being talked about.

Just a personal thing of course but, there’s only one Rangers team in the leagues and that’s the way I would like to keep it.

Yes there are youth and reserve sides but they don’t actually play real competitive league football and although they can put things in place to prevent the colt sides from getting promoted etc it still doesn’t sit right with me.

We already dominate this shite league with the scum, are we going to start dominating another teir? Then another? Rediculous to think the 3rd placed side will gain promotion year in year out. 

Who’s to say we would go in and dominate it? 

Our young colts team has been in the Challenge Cup twice now and has been knocked out in the early rounds. Championship and upper end of League 1 would give our young players a real hard test, there’s no way we would waltz in and win it. 

18 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

What's not to like? 

• Give our young players valuable professional experience
  • Stay in complete control of their development rather than sending them out on loan
  • Increase quality of our youth players, develop them quicker - subsequently increasing their value
  • Brings more money into our game and more importantly our club, making our league and more importantly our club more competitive

It works for Ajax, Barcelona, Real Madrid - pretty sure it can work for us. 

I do wonder of the driver behind this is cash (it always is!).

44 games means more games which means they could arguably increase their ST costs while also increasing their gate takings with little increase in additional costs to themselves I.e. running costs don't really increase but turnover does.

Also, RFC & CFC both confirmed they will play for the privilege of colt team access.

Will fans turn out for more games, will they accept higher ST costs though?

10 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

have you looked at the dutch 2nd division league table? Ajax 11th but their 1st team top and in Semi final of champions league? Or AZ third but their reserve team 3rd bottom with another one below it.

If we started at the bottom it would take a few years for us to get promoted

1 minute ago, Stanley Yelnats said:

Our young colts team has been in the Challenge Cup twice now and has been knocked out in the early rounds. Championship and upper end of League 1 would give our young players a real hard test, there’s no way we would waltz in and win it. 

Your right .any colt team assuming its restricted to under 23 is only ever going to have a handful of players capable of playing at a decent level .The better young players would always be retained to be part of the first team squad. 

1 minute ago, Ace said:

44 games means more games which means they could arguably increase their ST costs while also increasing their gate takings with little increase in additional costs to themselves I.e. running costs don't really increase but turnover does.

Gives bears a chance to take their kids to games though. I know i would be able to take my son far more frequently 

6 minutes ago, Stanley Yelnats said:

In time I’d expect we would with the resources we have. I never said we’d jump straight in and start winning everything right away.

6 minutes ago, gj923 said:

have you looked at the dutch 2nd division league table? Ajax 11th but their 1st team top and in Semi final of champions league? Or AZ third but their reserve team 3rd bottom with another one below it.

If we started at the bottom it would take a few years for us to get promoted

Ajax won it last year and Psv i think we're third. 

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

Also, RFC & CFC both confirmed they will play for the privilege of colt team access.

Would they play at Ibrox though?

Not sure how the pitch would hold up with basically two full seasons played on it.

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What's not to like? 

Give our young players valuable professional experience

Stay in complete control of their development rather than sending them out on loan

Increase quality of our youth players, develop them quicker - subsequently increasing their value

Brings more money into our game and more importantly our club, making our league and more importantly our club more competitive

It works for Ajax, Barcelona, Real Madrid - pretty sure it can work for us. 

That’s why I said I understand why it would be good for us and tried to make it abundantly clear I had a personal dislike toward the idea. Just like eating salad, as me being a fat fuck it makes sense, I just don’t like it.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

That’s why I said I understand why it would be good for us and tried to make it abundantly clear I had a personal dislike toward the idea. Just like eating salad, as me being a fat fuck it makes sense, I just don’t like it.

Ok, think I'm struggling to understand why you can see the benefits of this but still don't like it. Strange to me, but each to their own. 

10 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Ok, think I'm struggling to understand why you can see the benefits of this but still don't like it. Strange to me, but each to their own. 

Wtf? Even gave u a salad analogy, surely everyone on this forum can understand it from that perspective, I mean I can’t be the only fat fuck here? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Wtf? Even gave u a salad analogy, surely everyone on this forum can understand it from that perspective, I mean I can’t be the only fat fuck here? :lol:

I'm struggling here to understand how our colt team is linked to a fat guy eating salad?