Colt teams potentially into SPFL??

Ace

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

55 Titles say we managed fine in the past,and during this period we helped "them".
You coulda read a wee bit more into what I said instead of cherry picking  one part.
Never said we shouldn't do our bit.

See the answer to The Dude above.

55?

For most of our history we have been a club that could buy big players. Those days are long gone now and we can get outbid by the English championship ffs. Our future is in bringing players through our youth setup, and signing then developing potential. Colts teams in the lower leagues help us to do this. 

2 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

55 Titles say we managed fine in the past,and during this period we helped "them".
You coulda read a wee bit more into what I said instead of cherry picking  one part.

Football's changed massively over the last 10-15 years, never mind the last fifty or a hundred years. Nothing about us wanting a Colt team is anything to do with anything other than Rangers trying to make it easier for players to transition from youth football to the first-team. 

For many of those 55 titles, Scottish football was far more competitive than it is in 2019. I'm 33 this year and have never seen a team outwith the Old Firm win the league title. I don't think there's any other period in the history of Scottish football where that statement would also apply. There was a time we could take players from the Juniors and put them into our first-team. Simply won't happen now as the gulf in quality is far too great. Winning 55 titles has little relevance to what needs to be done to win our next 55. What worked for Struth might not have worked for Smith and what works for Gerrard might not have worked for Scot Symon. Simply going 'aye but it worked before' doesn't help us move forward and doesn't help us close the gap between us and the biggest clubs on the continent.

In my lifetime, we've gone from being one of the biggest clubs on earth who could compete financially with Real Madrid and sign 20-something year-old Dutch internationals from Barcelona despite Man United wanting him. Could you see that happening today? Now more than ever before we need to be doing everything to make sure the boys coming through the Academy are given the best possible chance to make a career here. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Football's changed massively over the last 10-15 years, never mind the last fifty or a hundred years. Nothing about us wanting a Colt team is anything to do with anything other than Rangers trying to make it easier for players to transition from youth football to the first-team. 

For many of those 55 titles, Scottish football was far more competitive than it is in 2019. I'm 33 this year and have never seen a team outwith the Old Firm win the league title. I don't think there's any other period in the history of Scottish football where that statement would also apply. There was a time we could take players from the Juniors and put them into our first-team. Simply won't happen now as the gulf in quality is far too great. Winning 55 titles has little relevance to what needs to be done to win our next 55. What worked for Struth might not have worked for Smith and what works for Gerrard might not have worked for Scot Symon. Simply going 'aye but it worked before' doesn't help us move forward and doesn't help us close the gap between us and the biggest clubs on the continent.

In my lifetime, we've gone from being one of the biggest clubs on earth who could compete financially with Real Madrid and sign 20-something year-old Dutch internationals from Barcelona despite Man United wanting him. Could you see that happening today? Now more than ever before we need to be doing everything to make sure the boys coming through the Academy are given the best possible chance to make a career here. 

Cannot disagree with one word you said.
You're trying to pick fault with your reflection in the mirror.
It did work in the past,and will not work in the 21st century.
I kinda hinted to this in my original point.

Just now, scottyscott1963 said:

Cannot disagree with one word you said.
You're trying to pick fault with your reflection in the mirror.
It did work in the past,and will not work in the 21st century.
I kinda hinted to this in my original point.

The wording of your post made it seem more that you were implying it worked fine so why change it tbh.

2 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Cannot see this happening.
Every football minded person and their granny is telling them this is the way forward for the sake of Scottish football.
far too sensible advice for cunts that want to act like the tail wagging the dog.
A Rangers youth team in the lower leagues would generate extra money for the 2 men and a dog outfits.

Although,for the life of me I cannot see why we should help the cunts,who don't want to be helped.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The wording of your post made it seem more that you were implying it worked fine so why change it tbh.

You sure?

23 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

1 minute ago, scottyscott1963 said:

You sure?

Yeah

6 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

For me a proper Reserve League is the right way to go.If UEFA can dictate that all pro/semi-Pro clubs must have women's teams,then it should be simple to enforce reserve teams into the criteria.

There are far to many 'wee' clubs in Scotland happy to yoyo between the bottom two leagues and I don't see how playing colts/reserve teams in those leagues would benefit the parent clubs.Reserve teams should be for the development of young players and help 1st team players recover from injury.I can't see how young lads being kicked up and down the park(as we witnessed on our journey)benefits anyone and would undermine the lower leagues credibility imo.

I'm with you on this and have said so for years though not so well articulated.  I personally believe it is no coincidence that the massive deterioration in Scottish football coincided with the abolishing of the real reserve leagues.