• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d rather we had just kept Warburton rather than got Caixinha. That was very much out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Got us promoted at first time of asking  Made profit on Waghorn and Windass  Signed our captain Tav. Could sell him for a decent fee.  Brought halliday in who's still here despite two s

Don't mind Warburton tbh. His tactics got figured out in the end, but he tried to get us playing good football and spent fuck all doing it in comparison to Pedro and Gerrard. The money we got for

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Got us promoted at first time of asking 

Made profit on Waghorn and Windass 

Signed our captain Tav. Could sell him for a decent fee. 

Brought halliday in who's still here despite two subsequent clearouts and made a decent contribution this season. 

All in all I'd say he did pretty well here. He did run out gas in the premiership, clearly a step too far for him. The big mistake we made was placing too much trust in him and backing him with further money ie MOH. Albeit we made an even worse mistake by getting rid of him before the end of the season and signing Caixinha. 

Warburton was a mild success imo, compared to the catastrophic failure of Caixinha. 

Thats actually a pretty decent summary of his time at Rangers.

Gman36 likes this
34 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’d rather we had just kept Warburton than got Caixinha. That was very much out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I said that at the time. What we did was a fucking train wreck. Imagine if we'd got it right back then, that could be the difference between keeping us in this seasons title race to the end. Small margins. 

DBBTB likes this
59 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

You're right mate, absolute howling appointment.

I’m still adamant it was a piss take. How he ever ended up with our job is frightening, even more so when the board room is made up of Rangers supporters who should have known that an appointment like that was never going to work.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I’m still adamant it was a piss take. How he ever ended up with our job is frightening, even more so when the board room is made up of Rangers supporters who should have known that an appointment like that was never going to work.

We made some howling appointments. Even McCoist, successful number 2 and playing legend, everyone knew he'd be a howling appointment but he had logic to his appointment.

An unheard of Portuguese, with a mixed managerial career spent in Mexico and Qatar...... it was an utterly bizarre appointment to which I see no logic at all to.

BlueAvenger and DBBTB like this

I liked Warburton. He carried himself well, had us playing great stuff until teams worked out how to counter it. Unfortunately he didn’t know how to or didn’t want to adapt and just didn’t understand the win at all costs expectations at Ibrox.

At QPR he might get away with turning in s good and dominant performance and drawing.