Warburton

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I have a feeling that Waghorn and Garner would probably have done well under Gerrard.

They weren't his type of players, despite being his signings, Garner especially. 

I do think that his 'defensive frailties' left a lot to be desired. But the football we played under him at points was fantastic. 

Probably spoilt by hindsight but I'd rather we gave him more money than Pedro anything. 

Just now, ben51 said:

They weren't his type of players, despite being his signings, Garner especially. 

I do think that his 'defensive frailties' left a lot to be desired. But the football we played under him at points was fantastic. 

Probably spoilt by hindsight but I'd rather we gave him more money than Pedro anything. 

Yeah. Probably the best football we had played since Advocaat at points. The one thing that still annoys me defensively was letting go of McGregor and bringing in people like Kiernan to replace him.

It's criminal that Pedro was appointed, and I agree, if we gave him the money Pedro got then we probably would have been a bit closer.

Some people with blue-tinted glasses on here.  Yes the football was good in the Championship but we were flat once we got promotion.    Endless sideways passing with no cutting edge.  As for giving him more money this a guy who signed players almost exclusively from his daughters agency or his mates from his Watford youth coach days.  We've still got Joe Dodoo and Lee Hodson on the books!

15 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Don't mind Warburton tbh.

His tactics got figured out in the end, but he tried to get us playing good football and spent fuck all doing it in comparison to Pedro and Gerrard. The money we got for Windass probably covered his budget for the entire time he was here. 

Good luck to him.

Agree with this. Don’t have any ill feeling towards him at all. 

His own faults, and he had too many, were his downfall. 

LMAO the madness on here is hilarious. So BlueMe and King Jela thinks that we spent the same money with Warburton in total than we made on Windass.

Forget Senderos and Joey Barton. We covered the budget. FFS.

24 minutes ago, stfu said:

LMAO the madness on here is hilarious. So BlueMe and King Jela thinks that we spent the same money with Warburton in total than we made on Windass.

Don't take notice of blueme mate a think he's a no well heed 

11 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I’d rather we had just kept Warburton rather than got Caixinha. That was very much out of the frying pan and into the fire.

He had to go really the results and performances were getting ridiculously bad but with hindsight I agree with you, even leaving Murty in charge until the end of that season whilst finding a replacement would have been better than hiring that cunt Pedro.

7 hours ago, stfu said:

Stfu

Warburton wasn’t that bad. He was exactly what we needed in terms of professionalism following the disgrace that was McCoist’s skelpy arse training. Also bought well for the championship. 

Ultimately was too rigid in his style, apart from at home to the filth once where we switched it up, took the lead and then Garner got injured. 

His signings were a shambles in the premier league, but the early part of our championship season and Scottish cup was great. Was 10 minutes away from being an absolute hero. 

Fucked it with his snakery at the end, but was far better than McCoist and would have been far better than Caixinha or Murty. 

14 hours ago, stfu said:

:lol: 

All I said was is that I had no ill feeling towards. Ya fucking rocket. 

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Warburton wasn’t that bad. He was exactly what we needed in terms of professionalism following the disgrace that was McCoist’s skelpy arse training. Also bought well for the championship. 

Ultimately was too rigid in his style, apart from at home to the filth once where we switched it up, took the lead and then Garner got injured. 

His signings were a shambles in the premier league, but the early part of our championship season and Scottish cup was great. Was 10 minutes away from being an absolute hero. 

Fucked it with his snakery at the end, but was far better than McCoist and would have been far better than Caixinha or Murty. 

I thought it was interesting in his Open Goal interview how he as convinced to go against his instinct and sign a different type of player for the SPFL than he wanted to.

unless he's improved since he left us then good luck to them. wasn't a great manager for us but not the worst (hard to beat Pedro). he brought in a lot of decent signings for us though:

foderingham - still here even if it's just warming the bench. good back up.

halliday - still here doing a job for us.

waghorn - good player and made us a bit of money.

windass - managed to move him on for a profit.

tavernier - still here as our captain.

there were a few other players that showed potential. i think he's got an eye for decent players but not sure if he can really put a game plan together when it matters.

1 hour ago, BillyG91 said:

unless he's improved since he left us then good luck to them. wasn't a great manager for us but not the worst (hard to beat Pedro). he brought in a lot of decent signings for us though:

foderingham - still here even if it's just warming the bench. good back up.

halliday - still here doing a job for us.

waghorn - good player and made us a bit of money.

windass - managed to move him on for a profit.

tavernier - still here as our captain.

there were a few other players that showed potential. i think he's got an eye for decent players but not sure if he can really put a game plan together when it matters.

He had the right ideas but maybe not the man to impliment them.

I would like to see what he would have done with proper backing.

I think he will do ok there tbh.

QPR are a club with no real expectations - the expectations at us are huge and Nottingham Forest is a difficult job because all their support see them as a big club due to their history - but the style of football that Warburton promotes will earn him plaudits. 

I could see him getting them pushing for the playoffs IMO.