• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d rather we had just kept Warburton rather than got Caixinha. That was very much out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Got us promoted at first time of asking  Made profit on Waghorn and Windass  Signed our captain Tav. Could sell him for a decent fee.  Brought halliday in who's still here despite two s

Don't mind Warburton tbh. His tactics got figured out in the end, but he tried to get us playing good football and spent fuck all doing it in comparison to Pedro and Gerrard. The money we got for

58 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think he will do ok there tbh.

QPR are a club with no real expectations - the expectations at us are huge and Nottingham Forest is a difficult job because all their support see them as a big club due to their history - but the style of football that Warburton promotes will earn him plaudits. 

I could see him getting them pushing for the playoffs IMO.

They’re arguably no bigger than Brentford who he left to take over at us. Will probably achieve a few 10th place finishes, get a bigger job after a few years e.g Derby, then fuck that up because he only plays one way

13 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Some proper revisionist history in this thread :lol: 

Having more money would have helped, but Warburton was a busted flush at Rangers. Just never learned that dropping points isn’t accepted here.

Erm regardless if he had Pedro money or so on he fucked off. Sure we all liked his football and his media impact but you are nuts if everyone thought he was the magic hat.We were all hoping for better things and we are still but with SG I think he gets it and in our previous managers bar Advocaat they knew what it was "about" the first time add AM obvious mistake when pissed nut my original point still stands, but then look at the the McCoist years had on us, and they really did, we had a real opportunity and we fucked it up, I know we were being mismanaged to hell and back and it still gets me angry now why Bears who had the £ did not act.

17 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He's this generation's Kevin Blackwell.

17 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

We got rid of Warburton because he was a burst flush, brought in Pedro who was awful. If the Caixinha project hadn't been such a fuck up I don't think King would have wised up and got a hold of Gerrard.

Onwards and upwards.

Do you think we have it right  now? I maybe a bit older than you but one of the things I used to be oddly proud of us is having only 9 managers! I know that is mental these days but heh. Anyway SG has to have the whole of next year and in my view if he does not win the title he knows the game is up. Do any of the fans chiefs or whatever ever get to meet our chairman and put across any views or opinions when he is in the country?Reading that back sounds massively wrong but heh I dont work friday and it is a ? Next season no excuses we need to win the league, we overall fucked it, look at the points we lost, oh say some we lost againo st hibs and aberdeen etc, in my lifetime, I am old comparative to the general board age, we fucked those teams and I hope we are doing again. And also as my other half will have a much better life if we win  55, or so I have said based on nothing.

44 minutes ago, badjon said:

Do you think we have it right  now? I maybe a bit older than you but one of the things I used to be oddly proud of us is having only 9 managers! I know that is mental these days but heh. Anyway SG has to have the whole of next year and in my view if he does not win the title he knows the game is up. Do any of the fans chiefs or whatever ever get to meet our chairman and put across any views or opinions when he is in the country?Reading that back sounds massively wrong but heh I dont work friday and it is a ? Next season no excuses we need to win the league, we overall fucked it, look at the points we lost, oh say some we lost againo st hibs and aberdeen etc, in my lifetime, I am old comparative to the general board age, we fucked those teams and I hope we are doing again. And also as my other half will have a much better life if we win  55, or so I have said based on nothing.

I honestly trust Steven Gerrard to get it right next season. I believe in the man. He's found out the shirkers this season and has done a good bit more than what I was expecting in his first season.

I've been saying for a few years on here, fuck Europe and forget about it until the league is won again. The club seems to see it differently, and fair enough. We probably wouldn't get players of the calibre of Kent off Liverpool if we didn't have Euro games to offer these clubs' players.

Anyway, who cares what age anyone is? I don't get why a few people on here keep saying I sound young. Do I sound naive? Not having a go mate, honest question.

On 16/05/2019 at 14:37, Creampuff said:

Some proper revisionist history in this thread :lol: 

Having more money would have helped, but Warburton was a busted flush at Rangers. Just never learned that dropping points isn’t accepted here.

Yeh, just didn’t have a winning mentality. 

His ‘heart sank’ on the opening game of the season when we had ‘going for 55’. Loser. Suited to academy football.