Jon Flanagan

hammer93

14 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Why would they? Anyone who thinks King and Co would have the balls to do so is delusional however that's another story. Long for the days when we have a board that stand up for us rather than roll over and get shafter up the shite pupe

I know what you are saying but when you have another incident in the same game which was not cited then this is the perfect time with the session nearly over to try and get across what has been going on since last August. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I know what you are saying but when you have another incident in the same game which was not cited then this is the perfect time with the session nearly over to try and get across what has been going on since last August. 

Thats the exact point that really gets to me. Now would be the perfect time to point this out and fight our corner, but guess what not a peep from him and I certainly don't expect to hear anything g either. We are being shat on from every angle here and he's happy just to accept it. 

52 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Exactly, the ref rightly or wrongly has observed an incident and taken the appropriate action deemed necessary to deal with it. The compliance officer (in my mind) was to deal with serious incidents missed by the ref (Defoe incident above). This route is effectively referring a game twice, but only certain MSM constantly highlighted incidents. There was an Hibernian player previously yellow carded then retrospectively cited and banned by her for an challenge on a celtic player so it was only a matter of time before this caught up with us. Hope we get our act together, contest the decision and show the system up for the farce it is... 

Spot on mate.

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Thats the exact point that really gets to me. Now would be the perfect time to point this out and fight our corner, but guess what not a peep from him and I certainly don't expect to hear anything g either. We are being shat on from every angle here and he's happy just to accept it. 

I could not agree more mate, I suppose we will have to wait until tomorrow but I am not hopeful. 👍 

55 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Exactly, the ref rightly or wrongly has observed an incident and taken the appropriate action deemed necessary to deal with it. The compliance officer (in my mind) was to deal with serious incidents missed by the ref (Defoe incident above). This route is effectively referring a game twice, but only certain MSM constantly highlighted incidents. There was an Hibernian player previously yellow carded then retrospectively cited and banned by her for an challenge on a celtic player so it was only a matter of time before this caught up with us. Hope we get our act together, contest the decision and show the system up for the farce it is... 

Excellent post. 👍 

39 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Pretty sure they changed them tho as their has been a few players cited despite receiving bookings. The guy for hibs springs to mind but been 4 or 5 this season

The bit highlighted is the ruling from today so the rules can’t have been changed surely. If they had the wording would show that. Corrupt bastards.

Trial by media strikes again.

It seems like the CO will only act in incidents brought to her attention via Sky Sports or by Sportscene, and with their slanted viewpoint. 

We should challenge this as it goes against their own rules on what can be sited, and really smacks of making the rules up as they go. Surely the referees must be feeling undermined as well, especially when they have dealt with the incident during the game and are then being refereed. 

If we don't deal with it now, can you imagine what next season will be like when we mount a more serious challenge? 

The system does need to change as at the moment there is no consistency, no parity. 

Wether or not anyone agrees that the simunovic incident with Defoe needs looked at, it was similar to one's that we have been cited for and have received bans for, so should have at least been part of a conversation. 

the way that the system is at the moment, it benefits one team only. A back to basics approach is needed in dealing with incidents and another show of balls by our club in challenging the system. 

1 hour ago, AdzKyle said:

When did the rules change? It used to be if the ref seen it and booked the player then no more action could be taken. 

Can the Compliance Officer take retrospective action for on-field incidents?

The Compliance Officer can only raise a Fast Track Notice of Complaint and take retrospective action when an on field incident, or an exceptional part of an on field incident, has been unseen by the match officials.

28 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Cellic lost,Broon was made a dick of on several occasions,someones gotta pay and it's Flanagan.

This is re-refereeing the games and needs to be stopped.

A CO who is a Tim ST holder,aye that'll be fair right enough, NOT!

Andy WalKer Sutton and Sportscene running the game now --- really want Gerrard to speaK on this one 

1 hour ago, backup said:

Can the Compliance Officer take retrospective action for on-field incidents?

The Compliance Officer can only raise a Fast Track Notice of Complaint and take retrospective action when an on field incident, or an exceptional part of an on field incident, has been unseen by the match officials.

The only way we can imagine they are fudging their way around their own rules is that I think from Clancy's viewpoint he sees the incident from behind Brown, so they may say that he didn't see the action happen, only the reaction from Brown. 

That said, they make it up as they go along so could be anything

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The bit highlighted is the ruling from today so the rules can’t have been changed surely. If they had the wording would show that. Corrupt bastards.

I'm not doubting you but I remember r a couple of players on the same eve all being brought up in the same circumstances. Carded in the game then banned afterwards.