Jon Flanagan

hammer93

To be honest I think Flanagan was lucky to stay on the pitch and o said that after the game, so can’t complain too much. 

Whats really pissing me off is how siminovic can get away with a blatant elbow to the head of Defoe. No mention on sky, no replays, no mention in the media just swept under the carpet and erased from history like it never happened. How can anyone claim there is no bias both in the media and from the Scottish authorities when two incidents almost exactly the same receive completely different reactions and punishment? 

When you add that to the fact of how many elbows to the face brown gets away with every season, and the hysteria after Morelos swing his arm at Browns BODY in the last old firm at the peado dome then surely no one can argue that the media and compiance officer are impartial. 

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, but they get away with so much unchallenged they don’t even feel the need to hide their corruption anymore...

For me Flanagan wasn't a red - but I also would accept he was lucky and on another day could have been sent off. 

The problem I have is the way the compliance officer seems to fall over herself to cite Rangers players. The club should protest in my opinion. There is a clear conflict of interest in the current incumbent of the position and it it hard to argue with the evidence that our players seem to be subject to greater scrutiny. 

Simunovic was no worse than Flanagan, but if we are going by that then why was he also not cited. Scott Brown loves playing the victim against nasty Rangers but why has he not been cited for the countless elbows / choke holds against us in previous games. Even here he is struck on the neck but goes down holding his face.  

To be honest though, i'm not even up for tit for tat citing of players - I remember when hard tackles and occasional gamesmanship was part of the old firm spectacle. It helped to make these games but everything is analysed to death now to the extent that every small gesture is getting cited. It just doesn't help when it is so obviously one sided. 

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

To be honest I think Flanagan was lucky to stay on the pitch and o said that after the game, so can’t complain too much. 

Whats really pissing me off is how siminovic can get away with a blatant elbow to the head of Defoe. No mention on sky, no replays, no mention in the media just swept under the carpet and erased from history like it never happened. How can anyone claim there is no bias both in the media and from the Scottish authorities when two incidents almost exactly the same receive completely different reactions and punishment? 

When you add that to the fact of how many elbows to the face brown gets away with every season, and the hysteria after Morelos swing his arm at Browns BODY in the last old firm at the peado dome then surely no one can argue that the media and compiance officer are impartial. 

Ive said it before and I’ll say it again, but they get away with so much unchallenged they don’t even feel the need to hide their corruption anymore...

That's not the issue. We would accept it if there was consistency when dealing with the opposition as you have mentioned in the rest of your post. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Broke their own rules to charge him. Rangers cannot let this go. If we do then where does it end. Stand up and fucking fight. 

2ECC4236-6171-4BC0-A376-50FE95444B92.jpeg

Pretty sure they changed them tho as their has been a few players cited despite receiving bookings. The guy for hibs springs to mind but been 4 or 5 this season

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Broke their own rules to charge him. Rangers cannot let this go. If we do then where does it end. Stand up and fucking fight. 

2ECC4236-6171-4BC0-A376-50FE95444B92.jpeg

They came up with a get out clause after the Hibs v Scum game. 

Where if they believe the Ref hasn’t seen it properly then they can go back and increase a yellow to a Red. Of course this was only after Brenda almost broke into tears in his post match press conference telling them something had to done about this obviously blatant anti Scum FC rule  

Corrupt to the Core. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

This is already affecting next season. Now is the time to highlight the injustices ie simunovic.

Surely our board will fight this lack of fairness when the selick player did much worse in the same fucking game. 

Fight this Rangers ffs, fight. :angrywillie:

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

If celtic can use examples to clear their players due to inconsistencies ( Using Windass as an example for Brown to get off ) then we must do similar by asking why Simunovic hasn't been cited?

Simunovic hasnt been citied becoz sky sports and sportscene didnt kick the cunt out of replays .

the club really need to go after them with this the perfect example .

2 incidents in same game with almost identical force

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

That's not the issue. We would accept it if there was consistency when dealing with the opposition as you have mentioned in the rest of your post. 

Exactly this. Flannagan should have been given a red card, but no penalty as ball was out of play and honestly can't believe anyone would challenge it. Its the inconsistency that pisses me off more than anything like an unwritten rule for one but not the other

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Surely our board will fight this lack of fairness when the selick player did much worse in the same fucking game. 

Fight this Rangers ffs, fight. :angrywillie:

Why would they? Anyone who thinks King and Co would have the balls to do so is delusional however that's another story. Long for the days when we have a board that stand up for us rather than roll over and get shafter up the shite pupe

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Simunovic hasnt been citied becoz sky sports and sportscene didnt kick the cunt out of replays .

the club really need to go after them with this the perfect example .

2 incidents in same game with almost identical force

I had a few beers on Sunday and being honest I genuinely can't recall the incident your on about. Make of that what u like 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Why would they? Anyone who thinks King and Co would have the balls to do so is delusional however that's another story. Long for the days when we have a board that stand up for us rather than roll over and get shafter up the shite pupe

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I had a few beers on Sunday and being honest I genuinely can't recall the incident your on about. Make of that what u like 

Think you’ve had a few tonight as well mate 😆

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

catch it on sportscene. 

trial by sky sports worked well here .thry replayed the Flannigan elbow probably 10 times .6 at the time .another few random times during the game 

th3 elbow on defoe once