Ryan Kent

qwerty

You would imagine the player might have some sway over his future though...if Liverpool try to loan him to a championship club for example and he says he doesn't want to go. 

What would be the point in forcing him to go somewhere he doesn't want to be.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

I hope I am wrong but I think we will be priced out of the purchase, they got 19m for Solanke and that has sort of set the bar so no way will they be letting Kent go for 4 or 5m.

Solanke was in all the English unders teams and doing well, and had a much higher reputation anyway. Kent’s value will definitely have increased though due to how well he has done here 

4 minutes ago, Support_The_Troops said:

Don’t think he had a great game at all today tbh, lost possession lots of times should have played the pass quicker a few times especially the one with airfield lost count the amount of times he ran straight in to his man not his best game at all.

Really!!!!! 

4 minutes ago, Support_The_Troops said:

Don’t think he had a great game at all today tbh, lost possession lots of times should have played the pass quicker a few times especially the one with airfield lost count the amount of times he ran straight in to his man not his best game at all.

Hard to be negative but i agree. If we are paying over £7 million for a player he needs to improve certain areas. He is an undoubted talent though and should only get better.

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

I noted it. Tbh we might not see him again at home so I think he was just savouring the moment. He deserves to do so as he won't know his future yet.

Must admit Dan, me and the misses stayed well after to see them come back out, but your right, he stayed out on the park walking to each stand and unfortunately it looked like a goodbye to me. Hope it’s no 

7 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Of Kent and Weiss, who do folk reckon had the more successful loan?

Kent for individual performances over Weiss maybe? Weiss did win the double in his time here however. Tough one.

Kent easy

Out of the 55 players starting for the 5 top EPL clubs today 9 were English, there must be so many frustrated quality players at these clubs with not a prayer of getting anywhere near the first team (like Kent) with the untold riches on tap the youngsters are overlooked for a 40-60m finished article.

We will pay our players a decent salary but nowhere near the mad stuff in the EPL, a footballer worth his salt wants to play football not train for a week then sit in the stand week after week, we could offer a platform to these guys that hopefully sucks them in, there was no other football on at mid day today so The Rangers and a full house Ibrox will look mighty appealing to some looking in.

9 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Kent for individual performances over Weiss maybe? Weiss did win the double in his time here however. Tough one.

It is a tough one. Winning sides apart wee Weiss was probably a better all round player but if Kent stays then he’ll get my vote all day long. 

1 minute ago, pcbear said:

Out of the 55 players starting for the 5 top EPL clubs today 9 were English, there must be so many frustrated quality players at these clubs with not a prayer of getting anywhere near the first team (like Kent) with the untold riches on tap the youngsters are overlooked for a 40-60m finished article.

We will pay our players a decent salary but nowhere near the mad stuff in the EPL, a footballer worth his salt wants to play football not train for a week then sit in the stand week after week, we could offer a platform to these guys that hopefully sucks them in, there was no other football on at mid day today so The Rangers and a full house Ibrox will look mighty appealing to some looking in.

As much as you’r 100% spot on, cunts in the English championship are paying wages of £80k a week and it’s impossible to complete with that, unless a player wants to be at a club that wins things and gets in Europe, and values that over being crazy rich. 

Kent has improved significantly this season,   Can he get better at Ibrox or will he need to move to continue his development?    Think this is the key.  If we show the ambition to secure 55 in the summer he will stay. 

25 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Hard to be negative but i agree. If we are paying over £7 million for a player he needs to improve certain areas. He is an undoubted talent though and should only get better.

Expect a reply challenging you on this from @AlCapone in 3..2..

46 minutes ago, Support_The_Troops said:

Aye really what did he do in the game for you that showed he is a 6 or 7 m player?

Kent made the first goal (foul) where Tav scored all from his effort and he was involved in various periods of play that on another day could have resulted in more goals.

What make a 6 or 7 m player in the SPFL? However his current valuation is around 12 m EPL as he has played for Liverpool's first team.

If we could get him for 6/7 m it would be a bargain and a dam good bit of business by our club, the boy is what we need to challenge for 55 next season. 

1 hour ago, Support_The_Troops said:

Have to agree wi this.I felt he was trying too hard to do too much at times but there's no doubt he scares THEM.

4 hours ago, Marky. said:

Kent is easily a better player than Weiss was.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I thought he was pretty poor yesterday.

Dont like him playing inside like he has been - constantly gave ball away yesterday.

Far better when out on the wing.

I agree. He really needs to concentrate on his final decision making, twice yesterday he gave the ball away by doing the wrong thing 

Far too often he does the decent stuff and runs out of ideas when it comes to the final ball. 

I have no doubt that will be the gaffers priority if he stays. 

Gets that bit right and he’ll be some player