Ryan Kent

qwerty

4 minutes ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Love him to stay even if we pay 5/6 million for him with a sell on fee of 25% of the next figure we sell him for in a few year going back to liverpool 

@KingKirk is brokering a better deal than that mate. 

11 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If he’s back he’s back, if he isn’t then on we charge 

Agree with this . 

Theres no doubting Kent's been a success here , and as much as I'd want him to stay , we have to be sensible with our finances . It did look to me as if he was saying his farewells yesterday , in which case , we move on .

I , and I suspect most others , had hardly heard of him before he was linked to us , far less seen him play , and I suspect there are other players in that bracket that would be more affordable and still make an impact . That's a market we'd have to exploit if his time here is over . 

1 hour ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Love him to stay even if we pay 5/6 million for him with a sell on fee of 25% of the next figure we sell him for in a few year going back to liverpool 

Be better if we get him in one of those cheap deals where Liverpool have a smallish buy back clause and if not they get as you say a big sell on clause. 

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Agree with this . 

Theres no doubting Kent's been a success here , and as much as I'd want him to stay , we have to be sensible with our finances . It did look to me as if he was saying his farewells yesterday , in which case , we move on .

I , and I suspect most others , had hardly heard of him before he was linked to us , far less seen him play , and I suspect there are other players in that bracket that would be more affordable and still make an impact . That's a market we'd have to exploit if his time here is over . 

The top 6 English teams are overloaded with guys like this, sitting in their early 20s desperate for 1st team football. Iirc Chelsea alone have over 100 players out on loan and almost everyone of them will never play for the 1st team. Most of them go on to have solid careers in the championship or lower teams in the epl. I get wages may be a stumbling block but surely a few of those must fancy a few trophies with a view to moving to the premiership in 2 or 3 years time?? 

42 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

The top 6 English teams are overloaded with guys like this, sitting in their early 20s desperate for 1st team football. Iirc Chelsea alone have over 100 players out on loan and almost everyone of them will never play for the 1st team. Most of them go on to have solid careers in the championship or lower teams in the epl. I get wages may be a stumbling block but surely a few of those must fancy a few trophies with a view to moving to the premiership in 2 or 3 years time?? 

Exactly . There are bargains out there , whether that be loan deals or signings .

Teams in the top 6 are still expensive for signings , even their young players , but as a loan , as proved with Ryan Kent , we can be trusted with . If we are talking of signings , I'm sure there'll still be bargains to be had in teams out with the top 6 .

17 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Maybe. However I think it's possibly too early to say. Hopefully he's done that just in case, which is sensible I guess.

He'll have a few offers no doubt, and whilst Liverpool hold a lot of cards, Kent will have a major say in this. If we can agree a transfer fee that is within our budget and reasonable, or if Liverpool and Kent are happy for another loan move I still think we have a great shot.

I don't think his future will be sorted until for several weeks to come wherever he may end up.

Not sure where I seen it, but I remember reading that he's already told Liverpool he wants to leave there this summer. Whether he ends up here is another thing altogether though. I hope they win the champions league this year (which they should) as that would hopefully let them accept a transfer fee that is within our budget rather than the rumoured £12m that they want. 

2 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

This would be the sort of deal we should do for me, unless we loan him again. We have to be very careful this window not to spunk everything on one player - especially a player already in our side (albeit on loan) as he won't 'improve' us as he's already been here. If we spend our budget on him and don't strengthen elsewhere it would be a mistake. Any team at Championship or Premier League level could afford him but if something can be structured with Liverpool we could potentially get him, as he wants to play, be happy and challenge for trophies. The only place he can get that will be at at top championship side and he wouldn't be in europe etc. 

2 hours ago, gmcf said:

Agree with this . 

Thankfully due to Gerrards last job, he should know that market pretty well. He should know the majority of the top 6's teams top players that are in their early 20's.

31 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Not sure where I seen it, but I remember reading that he's already told Liverpool he wants to leave there this summer. Whether he ends up here is another thing altogether though. I hope they win the champions league this year (which they should) as that would hopefully let them accept a transfer fee that is within our budget rather than the rumoured £12m that they want.

Why would Liverpool winning the Champions League make them lower the asking price for a player? :lol:

11 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Thankfully due to Gerrards last job, he should know that market pretty well. He should know the majority of the top 6's teams top players that are in their early 20's.

Absolutely . Gerrard in particular because , as you say , his part with Liverpool youths , but we also now have a Scouting system at work , which was sadly missing for too long , will also able to pinpoint targets . 

Like I say , Kent has proved himself so that would be the ideal move , but just not at any price . 

39 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Not sure where I seen it, but I remember reading that he's already told Liverpool he wants to leave there this summer. Whether he ends up here is another thing altogether though. I hope they win the champions league this year (which they should) as that would hopefully let them accept a transfer fee that is within our budget rather than the rumoured £12m that they want. 

Hopefully spurs win it then just give us son or kane on a free 

12 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why would Liverpool winning the Champions League make them lower the asking price for a player? :lol:

I'm not saying it 100% would, but the money generated from it MIGHT allow them to reduce the rumoured £12m they want for him into our price range due to their relationship with Gerrard. 

Whatever happens, Gerrard will already have a good idea about the new season as the chances of players like Kent and Alfie staying with the club. 

Kent has lots of potential and a couple of seasons winning things with a big club will instil a winning mentality that he can take to other clubs. I hope he remains with us for a few seasons then a natural parting can take place. 

The only deal to keep Kent here will be the pals act. I very much doubt we could afford his real value in the English market, so we are looking at Liverpool being charitable and that could only happen with Gerrard at our helm.

Hopefully Liverpool win the CL and they are in an even more charitable mood!

I would love him to comeback, but it should show other youngsters what coming to Rangers on loan for a season can do.

There is plenty of young guys out on loan that we should be attractive to now.

I would also say we have added alot of value to kents selling price, which clubs will also like.

I really like Kent, but in terms of his statistical contribution it’s not that great. I wouldn’t be spending the bulk of our transfer kitty on him.

I do worry about trying to source a replacement mind you, another loan could be another Ejaria and spending cash could lump us with another Grezda. 

If we could secure Kent at an affordable rate, then I’d bite your hand off. He has the right attitude and drive that so many of these pampered premier league reserves / youth players lack.